Lost Empire
Chapter 60

Copyright© 2015 - 2021 by Pars001.All rights reserved.

0001 - Tempro
0003 - Conner- Thomas
0097 - Ace - Zimmel
0098 - Lucy
0101 - Shelby (mother ship) - Lucie
0125 - Lars
0200 - Ellen
0301 - Rodrick
0403 - Johnathon
0667 - Marco - Brown
0778 - Jan
0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)
0908 - Tara - Mara
0999 - Zan


Ungrown - unnumbered


3 - onboard Tempro awaiting Shelby
1000 - Sherry - lost at the moment


Zimmel just sighed when Lucie told him that they still had to find Sherry. “I’ve got one simple question for you.” He stated. “Just how in the hell are we going to get Sherry, when all three of you are without your trans-warp?”

Lucie made a grimace at Zimmel then stated, “I’m not the military one here. You should have several good ideas.”

Again Zimmel rolled his eyes at Lucie, “I’m good, but I’m not the emperor. He’s the genius not I, what you think just because I am in the military I am that smart? Give me a break lady!”

“The emperor obviously sent you because he thinks you have what it takes to help us. So ... help us!” Lucie told Zimmel a little exasperated that the man was still sitting there.

“Look, the only thing I can think to do is haul all of you back to where the fleet is. Then all three of the ships can re-gen.” Zimmel suggested.

“NO!” Lucie almost shouted. “I can barely hear her. We have to find her now, before she is too weak to hear.”

Zimmel was about to respond when the image of Derrick appeared before him. “I suggest that you transfer her over to Ace and get a move on. All three of the ships still have their hyper drive. Therefore they can start back ‘til you can catch up with them.”

Clarity seemed to come to Zimmel as he nodded, then bowed to Derrick. “Alright Ace transfer her to the bridge.”

“Compliance prime,” came Ace’s reply, a moment later a startled Lucie was standing on the bridge of Ace.

“Please advise Ace where to go Miss Hartwell.” Zimmel told Lucie as she looked around her mouth agape.

Nodding Lucie stated, “Go forward she’s close though I’m not sure how close.”

“Moving to intercept, all scanners set for the new homing signal the emperor has equipped us with.” Ace replied as they started to move, the other three ships taking off for the galactic edge then towards the fleet.


Derrick could only shake his head as he watched his mother, grandmother, and finally Shelby. They were more than excited about the coming royal wedding. He really didn’t see what the big deal was. He’d have to ask Mary when he got the chance.

Hartwell could only smile at his friend’s frustration. Little did the commander know this was nothing compared to what was to come. Trying not to smile he could see the major fight that was going to take place. The commander wasn’t about to wear the frilly clothes that he knew the empress and his family were going to want him to wear.

As he shook his head Hartwell got an alert. It appeared that Onai was about to re-emerge with an answer to the commander’s question and request. Let’s just hope it didn’t have anything to do with the death of Dempsy. That might lead to an all out war to save him. I hope it doesn’t go that far.

“It appears that I am needed elsewhere Sire,” Hartwell said as he bowed drawing a groan from Derrick.

“I take it Onai has signaled that she has finished talking with her father,” Derrick asked.

Hartwell’s mouth dropped open a moment then he nodded. “Though she expressed a desire that she be escorted around by Norman, I still feel I should be there in case there are questions asked that he can’t answer.”

Derrick’s hand went to his chin as he sunk deep into thought. “That does appear to be a good point. As you can see I don’t have a chance in Hades of getting out of here too soon. Alright I want an open link to you at all times. I need to know as soon as possible what answer she gives. Don’t be surprised when I appear, so to speak.”

“As I remember your appearance put a damper on things escalating further. I do believe that it should again. I will keep an open com. Sire.” Hartwell stated bowed then he winked out.

Derrick was about to sit to eat when he received a call. “Shelby? What has happened?” He asked a little afraid that Shelby had been damaged again along with the others.

“We successfully defeated the force of the Tendrax. I am afraid that they gave us no chance to negotiate. Miss Hartwell had a suggestion that I think the commanders should hear.” Shelby told him.

A moment later both Commanders Kimison and Rayburn were bowing to Derrick who was rolling his eyes. “You called us sir?”

“It appears that Miss Hartwell discovered something during the last battle.” Derrick relayed to the men. Both men looked around for Lucie then turned to Derrick with puzzled faces. “Shelby? If you please relay to us what you and Miss Hartwell discovered.

“Yes Derrick.” Shelby stated drawing both men’s attention. Turning to both of the men Shelby continued, “Miss Hartwell thought it prudent that we all go in battle ready, all weapons, shields at the ready. She also had our hyper drives on, ready to go at a moment’s notice. After we decimated their fleet Miss Hartwell and I noticed that when Zan got upset he had trans-warp. It was only a few seconds but he saved both Miss Hartwell and me.”

Both men were writing every word Shelby said as fast as they could. “Does he...” started Rayburn when Zan broke in.

“It appears that I have fifty percent of my trans-warp. I have already started my re-gen, I am sorry I wasn’t better able to protect you and Miss Hartwell, mother.” Zan stated his head low.

“You did exceptionally well Zan, just as you did for Sherry, never doubt yourself. As for Miss Hartwell, she’ll soon see that her anger was misplaced. You’ll see Zan.” Shelby stated.

A small smile crossed Zan’s face as he slowly turned toward Derrick. “I have to agree with Shelby Zan. You did as much as you could. In this last case you went beyond your duty.”

“Thank you Sire, that means a great deal coming from you. May I make a request Sire?” Zan asked causing Derrick to stop a moment. Zan and Shelby had by far more of their emotion circuits open, he guessed it was possible.

“I always listen to all of you Zan. I am glad to see that your circuits are more open now. Please ask I’ll do what I can for you.” Derrick replied causing a huge smile to cover Zan’s face.

“I know that Ace is a good ship, though as we found out we are slightly behind this race with some of our technology. Since I still have part of my trans-warp may I request that I go back? I want to make sure that prime Zimmel and Lucie remain safe as they retrieve my wing mate. I ... I feel it is my first duty to make sure they return.” Zan stated.

Derrick had been tapping his lips with his pointer finger the whole time. My god he thought, Zan has just demonstrated more courage and honor than most of the humans he knew. Looking over Zan’s specs he started to say no. Well over fifty percent of his weapons were useless though a few were almost re-gened. He had only seventy five percent shields, his light shield was practically none existent.

Looking back at Zan he could see an almost pleading look on his face. Again Derrick was about to say no when he finally agreed. He was already stretched thin at the Duke’s planet. If he pulled another ship those bastards on the surface might very well escape. Then there was the fact that if they were attacked this was a one way journey. He wasn’t about to want to lose another ship-.

It was a damn hard thing he had to do. It was bad enough that Zan WANTED to go off on this mission. Derrick said a silent prayer as he turned to look at Zan. “Alright, BUT I want constant reports from you. I also think that you shouldn’t engage unless you have no choice. I mean it Zan disobey me on this, you’ll be sitting in the yards for the next few battles. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes Sire! I’ll do my best to bring all of them home.” Zan replied with a wide smile.

“I hope all goes well Zan.” Shelby told him with pride on her face. “Remember you can’t travel more than one half second, then you’ll need at least a minute to recharge.”

“Thank you mother I will not forget.” Zan replied as Shelby nodded then Zan winked out.

Derrick let out a breath that he’d been holding. “I hope I see him again. I don’t feel good sending an injured warrior back into battle.”

“I know Derrick though he would have tried several times to go ‘til I am sure he felt that you would relent.” Shelby replied. “You know he will be as careful as he can. Remember Sherry is involved he has great motivation to succeed.”

“I know all of this Shelby; I am still having a feeling of foreboding about all of this. With all of the Tendrax ships that we have destroyed, they have to know by now that we are involved. I just hope that they don’t have any other surprises for us.”

“Perhaps then, with him watching them, Zimmel, Lucie, and Ace will fare far better.” Shelby responded.

“It’s my hope that is true Shelby. I don’t want to lose any more of you. The time I thought I had lost you was almost too much for me.” Derrick told Shelby.

“Too much for you?” A voice behind Derrick said startling him out of his ruminations.

Derrick turned to see his mother, grandmother, Shelby and the holo-gram of Mary staring at him.

“I was referring to when I thought I had lost Shelby for good. It was almost too much for me.” Looking at Shelby he continued, “I love her, you more than I have ever been able to put into words. The loss of one of you would nearly kill me. Losing the both of you would surely end me I know for a fact.”

Shelby smiled as she came forward to hold Derrick close as he started to tremble. “Derrick,” Shelby started after a few minutes when they had separated. “I have a small request, actually we all do.” Shelby indicated his female relatives and Mary. Biting her lip Shelby took a big breath as she took a garment bag from Derrick’s mother. Opening it up, she pulled out a grand though extremely frilly shirt out of the bag.

Derrick’s eyes got large then his brow knotted into a frown that grew deeper with each second. “NO! Not only no, HELL no! I refuse to be made a mockery of as the leader of this empire.” Growling Derrick started to leave the room when Shelby grabbed his arm.

“You haven’t seen all of the grand selection we have made for you.” Shelby stated.

“GRAND! That? No I am not a pompous little twit like so many of the nobles are. I will not lower myself or my men and the empire wearing that piece of garbage! I am not a self important little ass. I am here for the empire not myself, if that were the case I would more than deserve to be removed.” With that Derrick exited the room with Shelby and his relatives following close behind.

Mary let out a sigh as she shook her head; she’d thought he’d object though not this vehemently. ‘Well,’ she thought, ‘this wasn’t going to be solved too soon.’


Admiral Hartwell appeared on the command deck of his small ship. He’d been surprised when the commander had given it to him. After all that had gone on with him rescuing his sister he was still in shock he still held his rank and position.

“Welcome back onboard Admiral,” came the voice of the ship’s A.I. “All is prepared for departure Admiral.”

“Thank you; please proceed to rendezvous with EIG ship Celeste. Also, please connect me to her, Permute one.” Hartwell said as he moved to the command chair.

“Compliance Admiral.” The ship’s A.I. said. There was a wind-up of the engines then the small craft winked out. “I have Celeste Admiral.” The A.I. stated a moment later. “Audio only sir.”

“So your holo-system is still offline, I’ll have to put in to have it looked at again Permute one.” Hartwell said with an irritated shake of his head.

“Yes Admiral?” Came Celeste’s voice.

“I need a situation report of all that is happening pertaining to our mission.” Hartwell stated.

“Sir, as of yet there has been no activity outside the parameters that have been established. No aggressive action has been detected toward any in the fleet. The representative Onai sent a message that she will be ready within an hour to speak to the emperor’s representative, if not the emperor himself. She has stated that she will have a message from her father.” Celeste relayed.

Hartwell was nodding to all of this, “Alright, I should be back on board within thirty minutes. Please have my quarters ready when I arrive.”

“Yes Admiral, also the emperor just notified me that he sent the damaged ship Zan back to watch over primes Zimmel and Lucie. It is an honor to call him my brother.” Celeste stated proudly.

Hartwell’s head snapped up at this news. “Zan?! Wasn’t he damaged in the last Tendrax attack?” A now worried Hartwell told Celeste.

“I am reading that half his weapons are offline. Most are on one side that he used to block an attack on mother and Prime Lucie. His sub-light engines are only at eighty percent. He has full hyper-drive, plus he has at his last transmission fifty point five percent of his trans-warp. He’s not at his best though I estimate he has enough destructive ability to provide cover,” Celeste reported.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.