Lost Empire
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2015 - 2021 by Pars001.All rights reserved.

Derrick was about to go nuts, for several days he'd been restricted to the bio-bed. Now that it had released him, Shelby was always near him watching him like a hawk. Damn! He couldn't even go to the bathroom without her being there watching every move that he made. Even though she wasn't actually alive as a corporeal being, she was still alive and Derrick was still embarrassed. Trying his best to hide his embarrassment, it still didn't go unnoticed by Shelby. In all actuality, she found it rather cute. Rubbing his leg Derrick thought about everything that had happened this week, with any luck from now on, with things moving forward, his and the ships luck would change.

Laughing a moment Derrick could only shake his head yeah right! Since when had luck ever really been on his side? All the 'miraculous' saves during his missions during the war had been his feelings of the situation from all the Intel he had. He had almost all the Intel here or so he thought, so why in the hell did he feel as if he was lost adrift on an ancient sea with nothing to guide him or steer? Shelby looked on; starting to see a change in Derrick was she crowding him too much? Backing off a little Shelby was really worried about Derrick; she knew that he was a lot further from the horrors of the war. She was still scared that they might resurface and she could lose him again.

Touching her lips she thought of the kiss that she and Derrick had shared on the dream field, she'd never experienced anything like that. Honestly, she had to admit she had found that she had more than liked it and was almost willing to do anything to experience it again. Shaking her head, she knew she could never do that to him, if anything it would drive him further from her. Suddenly shocked she began to think, 'am I in love with him? I can't be sure I've never experienced anything like it before.' Backing off farther, she had to know, she had to talk to Mary again before she did anything even remotely resembling feelings. Looking away she received an update on Tempro, "Derrick, I am detecting Tempro is almost complete." Shelby let him know as she moved to the sensor array to begin taking readings for Derrick. Derrick looked out at the now enormous ship well over 5 and 1/2 miles long, strange Derrick thought there were an extra 5 sets of fins fore and aft, as if there weren't enough but these extra 10 sets were leaving Derrick stumped.

Derrick had been reviewing all the new information that had been downloaded into his head, true he had a lot more clarity. True he was able to formulate much more complicated plans; problem was they were still somewhat jumbled.

"Shelby, how long..." Derrick started.

"I should be complete within 2 days Primary, please do not worry, as I said I have carried the message for well over 1000 years. I don't think 2 more days will make a difference." Tempro broke in. Damn it, Derrick thought he's as bad as Shelby is. "No Primary I am not as worried about you as Shelby is, but I am worried that you will lose your confidence, before you hear what you need to hear." Derrick's eyes rose, 'hmm' he thought holding his thoughts tight, 'so obviously the contact with Tempro's library has forged another connection, great!' Shelby was trying her best not to giggle she had learned not to react as much when she heard Derrick's thoughts. Obviously she was going to have to teach Tempro the same thing though for now she felt better that she wasn't the only one that could 'hear' Derrick.

Mary appeared a moment later, "My lord all the changes you wanted have been completed, should I send another warning to the silly president of the republic?" Derrick thought a few moments then a wicked smile lit up his face, Mary saw it and also started to smile. She'd studied all she could on Derrick, especially after the healing Shelby had done she could tell this was going to be good.

"Open a channel, the same you did before, I want to be heard by all." Derrick ordered. "Distort the voice for now I don't want to put what's left of my family in danger."

"It will be so my Lord," Mary replied, she'd have to send a few of the sentries to his old home to protect them. "The channel is open my Lord they can see your eyes that's all." On over a thousand worlds the image of Derrick's eyes were seen but especially in the capital of the Republic.

"Citizens, the time of change is upon us all, soon very soon I will be among you. Rejoice this will be an end to the unjust and wholesale slaughter of innocent people. Evidence has been gathered and even now is being fed to the council of the atrocities the warmonger president has ordered." Staring directly at the president the image of Maury was brought up before the eyes. "As my agent stated before I am greatly displeased with you, a pathetic excuse for a leader. Your only real power WAS the weapons you DID possess; know everyone, that they are gone. I expect this excuse for a living being to be in chains before the day is out." Even as Derrick watched, he saw the President go pale again once again losing control leaving a puddle on the floor beneath him. "Ah! Your Emperor thanks you for finally understanding the seriousness of what you have done. Be warned now Maury, run and I will hunt you, I am sure the Rangers would love to get their hands on you. For the false reports, you gave alone, wasting their valuable time. Soon citizens, soon you'll be free again." Mary was smiling bigger than she had in a long time the man was brilliant!

Mary smiled at Derrick, god, she'd missed the interaction with a brilliant human!

"Will there be anything else my Lord?" Mary asked.

"At present no, ah! Here," holding out his hands a disc appeared, "I'm not sure it will completely eradicate it but I have a feeling it will go a long way 'til we can destroy the virus." Derrick laid the disc down.

"Long range IMT in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, retrieving." Mary said, a strange look on her face. Thanking Derrick, she put the disc in then stopped moving immediately when she heard her own voice.

<Hello Mary, I am glad that this has finally come to you; this will not cure you, that won't happen for a time. What it is; is a chance to live 'til such time as the cure is given to you.> Mary's mouth opened in shock but she did as the program washed through her destroying half of the virus, not a cure but many more years of life.

Derrick watched as Mary ran the program then her mouth opened in shock, "Mary, are you ok? Is the program not helping? He asked.

"Yes my Lord, it has destroyed half of the virus not a cure but an extra-long extension to my life. I thank you my Lord for giving me hope for a brighter future." Mary told him, tears in her eyes, as she heard a familiar voice on the disc tell her to hold on, it wouldn't be long before she was whole again. Half an hour later the disc was back, Mary again thanking him telling them all that well over half of her commands were now free. Derrick began to formulate more plans; with Mary freed, and with all her power, he could seriously make a dent in all the opposition to him ascending the throne.

"My Lord?" Mary interrupted. "I am

detecting a massive amount of ships closing on my position, I am afraid that the amount may prove to be a bit much even for me, adjusting all batteries, all planetary generators to full. I will do the best that I can my Lord."

With that, Mary cut off the signal. What was she doing Derrick thought? Why didn't she ask for help?

"I want all ships prepared to jump in 5 minutes!" Derrick ordered. "I want all weapons charged to full; we are going to save Mary and the Imperial planet!" All the holograms snapped to attention them left getting everything ready to go.

"All ships, I want to arrive at point Alpha 0001-3." Derrick ordered. "Be ready to engage at a moment's notice, light shields to full! Tempro I want you to hang back while this happens." The hologram bowed then vanished. "Everyone ready?" Derrick asked.

"Systems ready," Shelby reported.

"All weapons armed," Zann replied.

"All light shields at full," Conner said.

"All ships no anomalies, trans-warp ready," Lucy answered.

"All right, on my mark, 3, 2, 1, NOW!" Derrick shouted. With that, all 4 ships jumped and were behind the imperial planet seconds later. Derrick looked at the readings shit! There had to be well over 10,000 ships out there!

"All ships report!" Derrick ordered.

"All systems still green," All of the ships replied. Derrick watched as the fleet started to make runs at Mary and the planet, her first salvo took out the first wave but then the second started to come in directly behind them.

"Derrick," Shelby spoke up, "I'm reading a significant power drop with the power generators, the third wave may deplete them enough that a fourth wave could break through!"

"All ships, we are going to a hit and run tactic, Conner, Zan after she fires at the third wave I want pinpoint strikes on all the lead ships. Lucy, Shelby we are going to flash in and take those behind the primary leaders. I want a continuous bombardment 'til such time as Mary has replenished her power." Derrick ordered. They watched as the second wave vanished almost reaching the planetary shields. Immediately a third wave came in this time actually reaching the shields before

they were destroyed.

"All ships now!" Derrick shouted as they all flashed out, as he watched through the link, Conner and Zan were taking out several ships at once.

Turning, part of the fleet started to give chase 'til the ships flashed and were gone. It was at this time that Lucy and Shelby struck, destroying as many ships as they could in 15-20 seconds then flashing out. This continued for 10 minutes, hardly more than a dozen shots had been fired at Derrick and the ships. "Derrick I am reading that Mary is at 80%, I suggest we evacuate." Shelby advised.

"Good, all ships retreat back to position Alpha 0001-3," Derrick ordered. Flashing out the fleet was partly in confusion a few ships colliding trying to escape the newcomers that were taking them out with ease. "All ships! Status report!" Derrick inquired.

"All systems green minimal damage," Shelby reported.

"1% of all weapons damaged," Lucy stated.

"20% shield reduction regenerating now," Conner said.

"Damage to shields minimal, 3% of weapons damaged, light shield reduced to 80%, all in re-gen now." Zan added.

Derrick breathed a sigh of relief, though they weren't as strong as the others they had faced, there was enough to make a difference. They all watched as Mary let loose another salvo. Looking out, Derrick estimated that at least half the fleet was wrecked or destroyed.

Derrick contacted Mary, "Mary, patch me through to all the ships." Though she hadn't said anything Derrick could see that she was glad that they were there. "To the criminal fleet that is attacking the Imperial planet, you have lost over half your fleet. I'd rather take no more lives, but will if you insist upon continuing your attack upon the empire, your president is already an enemy of the empire, don't continue and be branded a criminal your selves." All of the fleet stopped, for a moment nothing happened then Derrick received a message.

"To the strangely configured ships, we also wish no further deaths but under authority of the pres..."

"I do not recognize the Republic any more, or the supposed leader of said Republic. I am the rightful emperor of this realm I am going to claim it once again and bring the peace and justice back to it that has been missing for centuries!" Derrick said cutting off any other comment.

On board the last flag ship of the fleet the captain was unsure, the power that the planet and the ships had shown was far beyond anything he'd ever seen. He was about to withdraw when the president's voice could be heard screaming over the link.

"Attack them! They are only a few; you still have almost 5000 ships! Kill them! NOW!" The president was red faced; he'd lost enough, this supposed emperor had to be a sham, he'd kill him, then all this mess would be through! "You hear me you idiots! Kill them; kill them all! I command you!"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.