For the Love of Lana
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2015 - 2016 by Pars001. All rights reserved.

Johnathon watched as Lana fingered the tree shaped pendant, he was still in a bad mood, he thought he and Tyrome were finally even. Here the ass had given them protection for their child; Johnathon knew that Tyrome had more also. He was never going to be able to pay him back at this rate, not concentrating once again; Johnathon started blowing the hell out of everything that was placed in front of him.

Growling he looked back at Lana, "Lana hon?" He finally said to her.

"What's wrong Johnathon?" She asked completely unaware of the fits he was having, looking at the pendant that she was cradling so lovingly.

"Hon if you could, please put that away? It reminds me of how much of a failure I am to my friend." Johnathon said. This was a shock to her, hearing Tyrome tell it, he owed Johnathon and would never be able to pay him back. Shaking her head she wondered how the men ever got very far with so many misunderstandings.

Placing the pendant inside her shirt tucked safely between her breasts she heard Johnathon sigh in relief. "I'm sorry my love," she started, "I was just absently holding it thinking of our child and how wonderful it is we are finally together."

Nodding Johnathon walked over to her and passionately kissed her surprising not only her but Johnathon also.

"After all the centuries of separation and the misunderstandings, I am more than happy to try and make up for it."

Lana leaned into his kiss, "Ummmm if it keeps changes such as this in you, than I am more than happy to remind you every day how much I love you!" Lana said with a broad smile.

Tom just shook his head at this rate Johnathon wouldn't be to concentrate at all.

Sighing Johnathon kissed Lana one more time then went back to work, it was a lot harder to control then he'd thought though after yesterday it did seem that he did have a bit of control.

A pair of eyes watched the proceedings as Tom and Johnathon practiced, 'I have to inform the council, ' the eyes owner thought. 'If they keep this up then Johnathon will ascend to the position that his father hOldS, this can't happen if the council was to ever get out from under the foot of the Timmings.' Flashing out the spy didn't see Ben Timmings watching from further back, 'So, Ben thought, 'they have taken to spying on the keep.' Flashing in near Tom, Ben motioned him close so he could let Tom know what he'd just seen.

"Ben?" Tom said when he saw his uncle, "I take it your being here means that something new has developed?" Nodding, Ben told Tom of the spy that he'd seen watching their keep; he also informed Tom that the council hadn't been too pleased that Ben had sent young Tyrome on ahead to the enforcer school removing him from active duty as a bounty hunter.

"I tell you I caught more than an earful about that for several hours, I watched them all as you told me; it seems that the most boisterous are a certain three mages. I am sure you are familiar with their names. Clondus, Torbert, and no surprise, Alaze Odium."

This last had Tom hissing then growling, that bastard had been after Evelyn when they were younger and still wanted her even 800 years later.

As quiet as he could Tom told Ben, "I should have killed that bastard when we dueled instead of taking his arm!"

Ben looked at Tom with shock he'd never heard Tom voice displeasure this strongly before maybe this was a good thing after all for ALL concerned. "We need to make plans as of right now, if I know that ass the way I do he's already got something in the works to destroy Johnathon. This will not happen I will kill that bastard long before he even gets close to Johnathon."

Ben could only stare at his nephew this was most refreshing hearing Tom speak as emotionally as he was.

"I want you to keep eyes on the spy or spies as I am sure they will send more than one. It appears that I may have to move up the time table and confront the bastard in open chambers." Tom told Ben.

"Tom!" Ben cried, "That's what they probably want you to do!" Ben cried.

Tom smiled a half smirk looking at his uncle, "That may be but remember it was my father, your brother that wrote well over half the council rules. Also remember that I helped to write a few of them as well after father was killed. I am more than acquainted with all the rules, I still have a trump card I can play if worse comes to worse."

Ben nodded he had to admit Tom was always trying to think ahead a lot further than he was. Tom nodded then flashed out appearing in the council chambers; going over everything he was sure he had them all if they didn't agree to his terms. Within moments all of the members appeared, though a little upset none were as upset as Odium and Clondus.

"I have called an emergency meeting of the council to put to rest all the wild rumors that have been circulating." Tom started.

"Yes as would I," a sour faced and most unpleasant sounding Odium, "under Magic law 5000, I ask for the execution of Johnathon Timmings." So the bastard had read the book after all.

"Magic law 5000? I am unfamiliar with that one." A younger council member stated.

Waving his hand Tom Timmings made the large book appear again and started to read. "It is hereby the decision of the council that the unskilled and wanton use of wild magic is outlawed. The said use of wild magic will be punishable by death, the execution to take place immediately under the watchful eyes of a sub-council male member of the Timmings family." There were several gasps as each realized that Tom Timmings had the ultimate say in almost all they did.

Tom looked at Odium who wore a sick and twisted look of delight on his face at the thought of the death of Tom's son. Tom just started to smile and looked directly at Odium, "So you really want to go that way huh?" Tom asked, when Odium's face gained a sick and wicked smile, Tom just smiled back with the same intensity.

"As many of you know my father and grandfather wrote well over 75% of the council book. What you may not know is its entire contents. My family has been possessors of the wild magic for many, many centuries now; we were all trained and can control it far better than most can their normal magic. As you heard only the wanton use of it is cause for death." Tom stated.

Laughing Odium pointed an accusing finger at me, "What would you call the destruction of the council chambers or the injury of almost half its members? I call for his death NOW!"

Still smiling Tom looked at him then the rest of the council, "Under several articles of the council book I can call for the disbanding of the council for the illegal capture and examination of my son. Nothing allows the council to act without first advising the sub-council, what their actions are and will be. If councilman Odium continues to push this issue I will have the council disbanded in disgrace, his title removed and his council memory removed."

Looking straight into Odium's eyes, Tom said, "Your play councilman."

The color had drained from his face as the rest of the council shot looks of death at him, "I ... I didn't know!" He shouted.

Looking at him Tom growled, "It is over Alaze, she didn't want you then and most certainly doesn't want you now. You should research for more before you make a move like this, you've lost again accept it and move on."

Turning his back Tom started to leave. There was a sudden commotion behind him then a shouted warning, Tom felt rather than saw the huge fireball that flew at him. Tom stopped as did the fireball, turning he saw that Odium was laughing wickedly, that is 'til he saw Tom sigh and shake his head slowly. Tom slowly pushed the fireball back at Odium; terror on his face grew as it engulfed his shields.

"Councilman Odium, you are hereby stripped of your title and stripped of your mage standing on the council." The fireball suddenly snuffed out, reaching in Tom started to snap several of Odium's powers, the council all gasped as they saw what Tom was doing.

"You are sentenced to a year without powers, after that, come after my family and I will have the right to kill you," drawing closer to him Tom quietly snarled, "It will be most unpleasant and might take a long time to accomplish."

Letting the man drop in a heap Tom bowed to the council and advised, "I believe you need another council member, oh." Tom started when he turned his back to the council, "Clondus, if you were allied with this excuse for a mage I advise you to think real hard before you make another move." With that Tom flashed out leaving an open-mouthed council staring at the weeping heap of flesh on the chamber floor.

Ben had been in hiding the entire time a huge sense of pride on his face, Tom had not only kept his cool but had done everything by their own rules to brook no objections later. Though he had to admit as another smile lit up his face the removing of the idiots powers had been a bonus. 'Huh, ' Ben thought, 'so his brother had taught his son to remove powers. So now there were three he knew of well two, ' Tyrome was still learning, but he could block almost all now, so pretty close.

Tom appeared in the practice yard and erected several targets, then started to blast the hell out of them. Sighing Tom knew this wasn't going to be enough. Opening the power slightly, Tom flashed out to the same remote islands that Johnathon had destroyed; bringing the islands back Tom started the whole sale destruction of all of them again. A few minutes later he heard a voice behind him, "Hell and you said I was reckless!"

Almost lost in his rage Tom turned and fired at Johnathon, Johnathon smiled and his shields flared as he held the blast 'til it extinguished.

Tom's mouth dropped open; that was the most advanced skill of control Johnathon had shown and without Lana there!

"Yeah I finally figured what you had been doing to build up my control, I started a few exercises of my own, and it has helped quite a bit. So feel better?" Johnathon smiled as he looked at the intense look on his father's face.

"More than you'll know, so have you been able to open it yet?" Tom asked looking at the power that Johnathon was showing.

"Almost half way now, 'bout 5 or 6 hours now. I heard what you did in the chambers; here I thought you were an unfeeling asshole all these years. That you were training me out of duty, I want to know about grandfather. I've heard that his control made both of ours look like a joke." Johnathon told Tom.

Tom nodded and said, "Almost, I am close now, if you remember our fight I didn't bring out everything 'til the very end I didn't have to. Remember with the lock once you open it your power is slightly amplified, though at the end I have to admit you were starting to overpower me, I barely got it all the way open when you hit me."

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.