E-peshawari - Cover

E-peshawari

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 4

I expected ... well ... ministers and court clerks, shotguns and bridesmaids, best man.

What I got was:

"When is your young man coming for his truck of logs?"

That was the wall speaking. Very interesting house. It was constantly frightening me half to death ... adding all the halves, I think I'm dead at least ten times.

"I don't know, daddy ... you ask him," said the pretty green girl.

"Mr..."

"I heard, I heard. As soon as I can, sir," I said.

"See to it ... and Mr. Johnson, We need to talk."

I was wondering when that boot was going to drop.

"Yes, sir. We'll talk about the elephant soon." At a loss, I tried Star Trek. "End Transmission."

I'll be damned ... it hung up.

Quandary: I did ... I did ... I did saw a lightning bolt.

It killed me ... and Josie ... and my truck ... and the logs ... and the cliff.

BUT! The logs and truck are at Josie's Dad's house ... and I'll just bet I know where the house is.

I didn't.

"Where are you going?" Josie asked.

"Your house," I explained.

"You've known me since I was three," she said, "And we haven't moved!"

"You ready for a story?"

"I'll bite," she said.

"Yesterday..."

"Yesterday we loaded that damn box truck and delivered the 'shine to Tony's."

"Okay ... when did I drop the logging truck at your house?"

"You feeling alright?"

She reached over and felt my forehead, "You're cold as ice," she said.

"My memory of you starts yesterday ... green ... before yesterday ... you weren't green."

"Who is green?" she asked.

"You are."

"I'm skin colored ... so are you," she argued.

"Day before yesterday ... we were pink!"

"You take that back!"

"What?"

"I'm not pink ... never have been pink ... that's a terrible thing to say."

Raised eyebrows!

"Pinks are untrustworthy, ill-mannered, sneaky, violent and run in packs," she said. "Turn left ... at the corner! Gods! You can be such a nerd! At least you missed Mrs. Atkinson's rosebush."

With myself abashed and Josie directing, we arrived at her house. Daddy was at work but mom came running out.

"When can I try him out?!? Huh? Can I, can I, can I?"

Fucked! Positively fucked!

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.