Union Rebelling
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2015 by Reluctant_Sir

They never did make it to a table set for two. The conversation was brisk and entertaining and Kat got to hear about David as a boy as the two brothers traded good-natured barbs. Anna filled her in a bit about Pan's extended family and about her and Pan's brother.

John was the older brother by ten years. Unlike their father, John did not have the passion for engineering and found, instead, that he had a gift for numbers. After graduating, he took over the financial side of the business and, just because he enjoyed it, he ran a very successful investment firm on the side. Anna was a designer for "The Firm" as they family called it. She was an engineer with a specialty in design and worked to satisfy customers' requests on new ship orders and refits.

Ten years ago, John had called her to his office one day to discuss cost overruns on a yacht that was being custom built, and they had hit it off. "He was a little thinner and had more hair, but it was his laugh that drew me in. I never met a man who liked to laugh more than John!"

By mutual consent, they ordered their meals and had dinner with Pan's family. By the time desert was delivered, Kat felt like she had known them a long, long time.

It was over drinks that Pan broached the subject of Kat's finances.

Kat, embarrassed all over again, protested. "David, please. I don't think your brother has time for my problems. We can find another firm that handles small accounts."

John looked shocked and shook his head. "Kathleen, may I call you Kat? I already feel like you are part of the family and, frankly, I would be a bit offended if you didn't let me at least try. Anyone who can get my brother to smile like that is someone I want to do business with anyway!"

Kat, her eyes welling with tears and unable to speak, looked at her hands and nodded. She made herself a promise that she would tell Pan everything. He deserved to know the truth, no matter what happened after.

Pan told them about Kat's design, the patent and the licensing deal she had signed. John sat up straight and looked offended, at first. "Exclusive? Nonsense! If your design is revolutionary, then I'll have my lawyers..." He broke off as Pan waved him back into his seat.

"The contract is not up for discussion." he said, staring frankly into his brother's eyes. Some unseen communication passed between them and John stroked his chin for a moment, and then nodded.

"Ok, so the contract stays. Still, that is a nice chuck of credit and it would be a shame to let it sit. Tell you what. I will have some papers couriered over to you so we can set up an account, and then the two of us will get together and figure out the best way to get your money working for you."

"Thank you John, for everything. I love to have your help." Kat said softly.

Anna reached over and patted Kat's hand. "I see you have already learned the first lesson of dealing with the Moore men. Just agree and get it over with."

It was almost midnight when the party broke up, but Kat was as happy as she could ever remember being. When Pan escorted her from the restaurant and was about to hand her into the back of the limousine, Kat hesitated. She held up a finger to let Pan know that she wanted him to wait a minute, then, much to his surprise, she walked around the car and addressed the driver.

The driver, and elderly man in a dark suit and cap, looked shocked and he whipped his hat off, nodding his head to her nervously. Kat stood on tiptoe and whispered something in his ear that caused him to stiffen, then peer at Pan out of the corner of his eye. He nodded again to Kat and opened her door, offering his hand as and bowing as if she were royalty.

Once the car was in motion, Pan turned to peer at her suspiciously. "Just what are you up to?"

Kat looked at him, her expression as innocent as she could make it. "Just wait and see." Then she ruined the innocent act by blushing.

In just a couple of minutes, the car was stopping again and the driver hopped out, spry for his age, and made it around to the passenger door before Pan could open it himself. Pan exited the vehicle and stood, his hands on his hips, staring up at the marquee.

The driver helped Kat out of the car and hustled before them into the Hotel Metropole. By the time they had been passed into the grand lobby, the driver was back and was passing a keycard to Kat. She thanked him, shaking his hand, tipping him for his help.

Then, turning to Pan, she took his hand and let him to the elevators. She was as nervous as she had ever been in her entire life. She had wanted this, this night, for a long time, but had been too scared. Tonight, that would change.

They didn't speak on the way up, nor in the hallway. They simply held hands and strolled as if they didn't have a care in the world. When the hotel room door shut behind them, Kat turned to Pan and leaned into his arms.

"I love you. I just wanted tonight to be special. I wanted to remember this."

"Kat, I knew that this day would come eventually. I was, am, willing to wait if you are not sure." Pan's face was solemn.

Kat looked up at him, her heart so full that she thought it would burst. These feelings were so new, so raw and brutal, but so very right.

Kat unbuttoned his suit coat, sliding it from his shoulders and tossing it on a chair. Then she started working on his shirt. As soon as she could reach, she started kissing his chest as each new inch of skin appeared. Pan shivered and ran his hands over her back, her arms. When she had finished with the shirt, and it lay on the chair with the jacket, she looked up at him through her lashes and reached for his belt.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.