Susan & Ray
Chapter 2

 

We went online to find information surrounding the time and place of our father’s death. From what little our mom told us, we gleaned the time frame things happened.

I was seven and Susan was nine the year it happened. We were living in Provo, Utah back then. We live in Cedar City now.

Since she is seventeen, there is a second car that used to be moms. She’s been driving dads MG. Her car was a Corolla that Susan now drives, when necessary. When she turns 18, she gets a car of her own. I guess I get the Corolla when I turn 16.


It being mid-July, in Southern Utah, it’s typically in the high 80s low 90s during the day, but cools way down at night sometimes to the low 50s. The reason I’m explaining this is that Susan has decided that she is going to wear her bikini from when she gets up in the morning until she goes to bed.

She often puts a tee shirt over her to keep from getting burned. Lately, in the house, she has been tying the shirt around her waist.

She was walking down into the family room, and said, “When are we going back to Provo to do some detective work?”

“You know; that is a good idea! We can look for stories in the library microfiche. Let me change and we can tell mom we’re going to the movies all day.”

“OK, I’ll get the keys to my car,” she said.

We met up at the car, and we took off for Provo. She’d put on some shorts and her cover shirt. I felt more comfortable.

“This is a two-hour drive. Fall asleep in you want, little brother.”

“You do realize that I’m OVER four inches taller than you?”

“I know, but it’s fun to tease you. You blush so easily. I’m trying to help you get out more, and meet people.”

“By people, you mean girls,” I said.

“Yes, you are a remarkable young man, and I want the world to know that.”

“I don’t feel really comfortable around those more predatory girls. It seems that they are all looking to ‘hook-up’. That’s not my style. I would rather find somebody to gradually get to know and fall in love with.”

“That’s so sweet. Is anybody at all on your radar?”

“Uh ... no, I’m too young to worry about that. I’ll just go to sleep. By the way—nice suit today, is it new?”

“You noticed my suit. It is kind of new. I don’t think you ever said anything about what I wear,” she said, “Girls love it when boys say something about what they are wearing, especially shoes.”

“I’m going to sleep now. You are very pretty, Susan,” I said closing my eyes.

I heard her say something under her breath, but I fell asleep.


“Wake up Ray, we’re here,” she said pulling into a parking space.

It took me a moment to get my bearings. I wiped my eyes and said, “That went fast ... you’re a good driver, Susan. When I’m old enough, can you teach me how to drive ... instead of mom!”

“Not a problem,” she said flashing me a smile.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.