Semper Fi
Chapter 8: The Visitors

Copyright© 2015 by Chase Shivers

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 8: The Visitors - In the late years of a global war, a Marine officer named Hitch who had wearied of fighting and chosen to live alone for five years meets a small family who changes his life. Through the love of a young woman in her middle teens, Hitch finds old emotions he thought he'd lost, and is drawn to rejoin the world he thought he'd left behind. Note: This story contains acts of violence (NOT rape or NC content, but battle and hunting), as well as descriptions of mental illness.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Interracial   Black Male   White Male   White Female   Oriental Female   Hispanic Male   Hispanic Female   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Pregnancy   Cream Pie   Exhibitionism   Voyeurism   Military   War  

Two days later, Hitch and Kieu-Linh were humping with minimal supplies south again, trying to hurry back to the bunker while the weather was mild. They had spent several hours the previous day on basic field exercises with Miller and Kim-Ly, showing the teen how to identify protected and covered positions, how to use fire and maneuver tactics to advance, how to draw back from being overrun. She'd absorbed it rather well, but they'd had no time to do much more than go over simple situations and concepts.

"So what'd she say?" Hitch asked after Kieu-Linh said she'd finally asked her mom about the night she and Miller had tried anal.

"Well, at first she said it hurt, then she made him go slower, and then she said she wanted to go faster and he seemed to really love it. That's pretty much all she said."

"Mmm, lovely." Hitch purred.

Kieu-Linh watched him as they walked, then grew serious. "Would you ever cheat on me?"

"What?"

"You heard me."

"No. Never."

Kieu-Linh looked ahead, "I hope not..."

"What's got you thinking about this?"

"I dunno," she shrugged, "just ... you had sex with my mom and ... I think you would like to again..."

"I..." he paused, not wanting to lie to his lover. "I can't say that I wouldn't consider the fantasy of it, Linh, but I promise you, I'm yours and yours only. I cherish what you are to me, I never want to do anything to risk that."

"Ok," she said quietly, "I just ... I hope you never do. I know she's beautiful and all, and ... I'm sure she was better than me at it..."

Hitch stopped on the trail and took her arm. "Kieu-Linh, she was absolutely not 'better than' you. Not by a mile. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Did she have more experience than you ... at least in the beginning? Of course. But ... believe me ... believe me ... I'm so satisfied with you, Linh. I make love to you and I feel like a god. A king of the gods. I feel powerful and young and loved. There is no better feeling in my life than making love to you. What I had with your mother, those brief moments, can't compare to the way you make me feel when you touch me, when you take me inside."

He felt compelled to touch her then. He kissed her lips, trying to show her how much she meant, trying to apologize for even looking at her mother so long ago by the way he caressed her mouth with his. His hand slid under her jacket and into her pants. Her sweaty pubes scratched his palm lightly as he found her clit. In rapid motions, he slid up and down her pussy, her nub hardening, her breathing quickening. She came so fast that he wasn't satisfied, and moments later, he brought her to an orgasm which left her shaking and in need of a rest.

Hitch stared into her eyes. "Linh ... I know I can never fully deserve you, but I'll die trying if I have to. You mean everything to me. You're so much more than just a great lover. You're a great love, a fast friend, a crutch to keep me moving when I need one. How can I ever show you how much you mean to me?"

She smiled and kissed him as they sat on a fallen log. "Mmm ... I think you just did..." Kieu-Linh wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered in his ear, "I'm sorry, James ... I don't know why I worried. I trust you ... I love you..."

"I love you too. And I'll never break my promise. You're the only woman I need in my life. I was so long without one that I'd have been happy with half of what you give me. That you give me your everything, all the time ... I overflow with your love. I love you so much."

"I know," she whispered. "Sorry again ... whew ... that last one ... left me shaking..."

Hitch looked up at the fading light around them. "Let's make camp just up ahead. I think we could use some time to cuddle and stay warm. If we get up early, we can make up the time."

"Deal."

As they walked forward again, Hitch asked her, "Do you know what 'Semper Fi' means, Linh?"

"No ... not really," she responded.

"It's Latin, from semper fidelis ... means 'always faithful.' It's a creed Marines live by. Sure, not all of them are 'faithful' to their wives or girlfriends, but ... it means something to me. I hold myself to being faithful in whatever I do. It isn't always easy or convenient ... but ... Semper Fi, Linh. I'll always be faithful to you."


They hustled and arrived back at the bunker just after dark the second day. Hitch froze, stopping Kieu-Linh behind him. He reached for his pistol, and the teen pulled her rifle up into a ready position. She whispered, "what is it?"

He held a finger for silence and listened. Hitch heard nothing, but something wasn't quite right. He moved slowly towards the bunker, then crouched down, examining the ground. He whispered over his shoulder, "trip wire's been hit."

She crouched, eyes darting behind them, covering their rear. She said quietly, "could it have been deer?"

"Possible," he replied. He'd put the trip wires back in place a few days before they had left for the north, having removed them before the snow fell heavily months before. "Take a position over there to the left behind that rock pile. Keep an eye around us. I'll move down to the bunker."

Kieu-Linh moved silently into place, eyes open and alert. Hitch crept slowly through the ground between her and the shelter. He found another trip wire which had not been set off and slid behind a tree a few meters from the entrance. He listened again, still heard nothing.

He slowly approached the bunker and knelt down, tracing his fingers over something scratched into a small rock near the door. "Jimmy?" he called out just above a whisper. "Jimmy?"

No reply came and he eased open the bunker door, listening a moment. He slipped inside and lit a candle. Nothing looked out of place. He called for Kieu-Linh to come in. She joined him seconds later.

"What'd you find?" she asked, looking around the room.

"Jimmy Kingman was here. See?" He showed her the scratches on the rock outside the door. "Shorthand we used to use when we were fighting south and west of here. That's his sign. He was here three days ago. Didn't indicate an emergency, just an attempt to contact. Wonder what ol' Jimmy was doing up here?"

"Jimmy was one of your Marines?"

"Yes, the one I told you about who took a bullet to his groin at Third Colorado, then fought with me near here at the end."

"Oh ... right, I remember. Why do you think he came looking for you?"

"No idea. I knew he was in the area from what Javier had said back in Mountain City. Maybe he's just looking to see if I'm still around. He was always a sharp kid ... a sharp Marine. Not easy finding this place, but apparently, he tracked me down. He shouldn't have missed that trip wire, though."

Kieu-Linh asked, "so ... stand down?"

"Yeah. I don't see anything otherwise disturbed. Just to be safe, though, why don't we sleep in shifts tonight. I'll take first watch. You look exhausted."

She drew a tight smile, "I'm fine. I don't need to sleep."

Hitch chuckled. "Everyone needs sleep, including me." He looked seriously at her. "That's an order."

She smiled and laughed. "Yes, Sir!"

While Kieu-Linh settled onto the mattress, Hitch stepped outside and took another look around, found no other trip wires set off and no other signs of Jimmy or anyone else. He saw deer scat and wondered if perhaps Jimmy had been tracking game and stumbled onto the bunker.

Hitch had scratched his own codes into another rock near the entrance. To anyone who wasn't looking for it, it probably appeared to be random marks on a weathered rock. But if, like Jimmy, you understood what those marks represented, it would have identified Hitch and left instructions on where to leave a scratched communication should he be away. They'd made up the codes themselves while fighting around Turtletown. They often had to melt away and take shelter separately to avoid Imp patrols trying to find them. The codes served as a way to help them regroup should their original plans need adjustment.

He hoped Jimmy might come back while they were there, but he and Kieu-Linh planned to pack before dawn and head back north as soon as it was light. He decided to leave Jimmy a message letting him know he'd return within the month to retrieve more supplies from the bunker. He let him know he could stay in the shelter if needed. Satisfied, he placed the rock in front of the one Jimmy had marked, a sure sign that he'd gotten the man's message.

A chill breeze rushed in and Hitch retreated to the relative warmth of the bunker. Kieu-Linh, despite her assurances that she didn't need sleep, snored obscenely on her back, and Hitch couldn't help but smile and enjoy the sounds of her breathing.


He woke her only when his eyes began to droop. It was probably pointless to keep a vigil at this point, but long experience had taught Hitch to never assume all was well just because it was quiet and still. Kieu-Linh grew alert quickly and Hitch was able to get a couple of hours of sleep before he awoke and felt like it was time to get started on packing supplies.

The rucks were heavy and multiple sacks hung from the back. He packed as much meat as he could, leaving some behind, emergency rations which might still be viable should he need them later, or should Jimmy come back. He left all the water jugs, not needing anything more than what was used during the hump back. He considered bringing the books, but since Kieu-Linh had already read them all, and given they had other priorities, they stayed behind.

Before dawn had broken, they picked their way along the ridge line, breathing heavily under heavy loads in the chilly air.


They took longer getting back to the cabin, the extra weight on their backs made some the climbs more taxing, and they spent two nights instead of one on the trail. Miller and Kim-Ly greeted them with a hot lunch and cups of warm cider.

Kim-Ly insisted they relax and not worry about chores, so Hitch and Kieu-Linh shared a soothing hour in the spring, making love and then resting in the cool grass on a warm day. Hitch was really beginning to like the small piece of paradise into which he'd been invited to stay.

They were making their way back to the cabin, coming up through a narrow path somewhat overgrown with early Spring foliage, when Kieu-Linh spotted something moving through the trees, a hundred meters below them on the edge of a small clearing. They ducked into the bushes and listened.

Hitch heard voices, talking openly enough to make out bits of conversation as the breeze drove the sounds up from that direction.

" ... I don't know, Catalina! I don't know, if we..." It was a male voice.

A female voice responded, " ... have to try! We've been going so long, we ... and we have to find somewhere to raise ... what else can we do?!"

"Alright, alright. Stay here, I'll..."

Hitch whispered, "get up to the cabin quickly and alert your parents. I'll intercept them. Safety off, just in case."

They always went everywhere with firearms, even to the spring. He clicked the safety off on his Beretta and saw Kieu-Linh raise up and hustle up the rise in a running crouch. Hitch waited a moment to be sure she was well on, then slipped through the trees to within a couple dozen meters of where the voices had been.

He saw two people, one a young dark-skinned man, ripped clothing and dirty streaks on his face and arms. The other was a young woman, lighter skin of creamy mocha, perhaps of Latin or Hispanic heritage. The man kissed the woman's lips, then turned and started walking up the rise.

Hitch stepped behind a tree, M9 raised, and shouted, "Hold there!"

The man froze and the woman ducked down, hands over her head.

"Who are you?" Hitch shouted from his position slightly to the left and in front of the man.

"D-Diego ... Diego ... I'm not armed!"

"Just hold still," Hitch replied, "what are you doing here?"

The man turned back towards the woman, then back ahead, "we-we just need something to eat. Catalina is pregnant ... please..."

"Drop your packs right there. Slowly. Right ... now pull up your shirt, show me your waists." The man complied, no firearm seen. The woman did the same, and Hitch could see the slight curve of her belly which suggested Diego had been telling the truth. "Alright. I'm coming out in a moment. Take six steps forwards, both of you, away from your packs, and sit down."

They did as directed. Hitch could see both shaking in fear.

As he approached, he lowered his pistol but kept it ready. He stopped a few yards from the man. Diego was likely no older than fourteen or fifteen, and the woman about the same. They looked like scared kids, and probably were.

"Okay," he said more softly. "Had to be sure. Where are you coming from?"

Diego pointed back towards the west, "we've been wandering a long time. Our ... our parents were killed three years ago. We lived with a man for a while, but he was a drunk. We ... we had to leave a few months ago. We've been living off things we could steal, which wasn't much in the Winter ... Please ... just a meal and we'll leave."

Hitch nodded, then slid his pistol into its holster. "Alright. I believe you. Come, stand up. I'm Hitch. This isn't my place, but I think you'll find welcome here. I'm sure we can fill your bellies."

"Th-thank you, thank you!" Catalina exclaimed as she stood, shaking, grabbing her pack.

Despite the fact that he felt no threat from either, he made them pass by him and walk in front while he followed a few meters behind. He directed them towards the cabin, and called out, "coming in, at ease!"

He saw Miller open the door and stand on the porch, rifle in his hands.

Hitch explained, "these two are Diego and Catalina, they're just looking for a meal, not armed. Catalina is with child."

Miller looked them over as Kim-Ly and Kieu-Linh came out, still holding their weapons. The old man said, "welcome, Diego an' Catalina. I thin' we can rustle up sumthin' tasty." He paused and cast his eyes over them again. "Ya two could'a use'a bath an' sum clean clothes, yes?"

Catalina nodded vigorously. Miller added, "Kieu-Linh will take ya down ta tha sprin', ya can clean up thar'. Drop yer packs up 'ere, we'll get ya sum grub."

The look of relief on their faces was striking, though they both still shook lightly. Kieu-Linh hopped down the steps and led them down the path to the water. Miller nodded to Hitch and went with Kim-Ly back inside.

Hitch eyed the dropped packs. While he recognized the violation of looking inside them, he also remembered how a bag left on a sidewalk near his platoon in An Nasiriyah had exploded, sending several Marines to the rear with serious injuries. Hitch didn't trust strangers enough not to secure those packs.

He knelt down next to the one Diego had carried. Hitch saw no wires. He hefted it, and it felt fairly light. Flipping the top open, he saw what little the young man carried with him. There was a ragged blanket, flayed around the edges with old patches coming loose. He found a small bottle of water, a tin plate, a pair of dirty socks, a metal spoon, an empty box of matches, a small watch with a shattered face, three bundles of loose rags, and a worn Bible. In a side pocket, he found a small, dull knife, and in another, two half-empty tubes of skin lotion. A dirty ball cap was tied around one of the straps, a filthy towel around the other.

It nearly made Hitch sick to his stomach.

He knew it wasn't likely that Catalina's pack had anything threatening, but he looked anyway. Much like the items in Diego's bag, there was an old blanket, a pair of socks, two ratty pairs of stained panties, loose plastic sandwich baggies, a few twist ties, another empty box of matches, pills which looked like out-of-date vitamins, more rags, two bottles of water, and a hair brush. She also had a towel and cap attached to the straps of her pack.

He settled the bags back on the porch and went inside. Kim-Ly looked at his expression, and she asked sympathetically, "everything okay?"

Hitch shook his head. "Poor kids got nothing ... can you spare a couple of towels and some soap? I'll take them down to them. They could really use some clean clothes if you have any to spare."

Kim-Ly nodded, "I'll get them, one moment."

Miller was stirring chunks of venison into a steaming pot which already had a few canned vegetables and broth. He turned back and Hitch could see sadness in his eyes. "Hate seein' people like tha', Major. Goddamn this war. Tha' jus' kids."

"And she's pregnant..."

"Goddamned war," Miller grumbled. "Goddamned war..."

Kim-Ly handed Hitch a bag with towels, clothing, soap, and a couple of thin slabs of what like looked beef jerky. "What is that?" Hitch asked of the latter.

"Pemmican. Made it this Winter. Nutritious and tasty. Native Americans used to make it, sort of a primitive fast food, I suppose. Venison and chokeberries, salt. Not got many left, but I want them to have them while they wait for a meal."

Hitch said, "I'll take it to them. Thanks." He left the cabin and walked the trail down to the spring. He stopped at the edge, just before the path opened into the clearing beside the pool of water. Kieu-Linh sat on the edge of the pool, talking quietly to Catalina, the mocha-skinned girl sunk down low in the water. Diego was on the far side, wiping his arms and neck.

Kieu-Linh saw him and waved him over. Hitch stepped into the clearing and Catalina tried to sink lower. He knew she was naked, her pile of clothing near Kieu-Linh's feet, and it was obvious she was embarrassed by the thought that Hitch might see her. Her eyes were wide and looking down towards the water.

"I brought you towels and soap and some fresh clothes. I'll leave them here for you." Hitch sat the bag down, then remembered, "Oh, here." He picked up one of the pemmican bars and tried to hand it to Catalina. She wouldn't look his way, embarrassed. "Seriously, please," he said, "eat it. I won't look."

Catalina glanced up, her face cleaner than he'd seen earlier. She was actually a very pretty young woman, too skinny for her size, her bone structure solid and broad. She had a prominent, wide nose, upturned lips, and brown eyes which appeared almond-colored. Her rich, brown hair was wet and falling down, floating on top of the water where it reached. Hitch leaned out with the pemmican and she took it quickly, pushing a chunk into her mouth and swallowing it almost without chewing.

She'd consumed the bar before Diego had moved over in their direction, the young man seeming unwilling to get too close to them. Hitch figured that, like his young companion, he might have been embarrassed for Kieu-Linh to see him without clothes, even in the water. Hitch walked to the boy and handed him the other pemmican bar, and like Catalina, Diego devoured it quickly.

"Soap's here, who wants it first?"

Diego swept his hand towards Catalina as if to suggest it should go to her. Hitch thought that was a kind gesture and offered the girl the soap. She took it and slipped further down the edge of the spring, using the soap liberally in her hair.

"Kieu-Linh and I will be just up that way a bit. We'll let you bathe in privacy. There's towels and clothing in the bag that might fit you. Come join us when you are finished. Supper will be ready before too long."

He smiled thinly at Kieu-Linh and led her up to where the path snaked around several small elms and opened up towards the low rise below the cabin. He crouched down, and the young woman joined him.

"What do you think?" Kieu-Linh asked. "They seem so ... weak and scared..."

"That's what I think ... They're weak from hunger and frightened of us because they have reason to be frightened of people. Your parents, I'm sure, will offer them shelter a night or two, as you said they've done in the past for folks, beyond that ... I dunno."

"Catalina told me they've been walking for weeks, sometimes sleeping in the rain, digging through compost they find sometimes for anything resembling food. They've been stealing crops whenever they could, but they always fear getting shot. She's four month pregnant, James ... I'm scared for her and her baby..."

"Goddamn war," he said, echoing Miller's thoughts. "Just poor, dumb kids who got caught up in a bad situation and can't find the help they need."

Kieu-Linh replied, "she said they had debated coming up here and asking for help. They've been chased off other places, got shot at. Diego got buckshot in his leg several weeks ago, limps sometimes from the pain. It's been over two days since they've had anything to eat."

Hitch shook his head.

Kieu-Linh asked quietly, "what would you have done, James ... if they'd have come up to your bunker like that ... before I came to live with you ... what would you have done?"

He thought a moment. His words sounded cold as he said them. "I'd have chased them off."

Kieu-Linh didn't ask him to elaborate, she just slowly nodded, as if that's what she expected him to say.

Hitch heard footsteps down the path and stood. He called out, "this way."

Moments later, Diego and Catalina walked up slowly, looking weary but clean. The clothes were tight on Catalina around the waist, otherwise a decent fit. The jeans on Diego were large and baggy and too long, but at least they were freshly laundered. "Come, supper should be about ready."

Kieu-Linh led the way, Hitch bringing up the tail as the four made their way to the cabin and stepped inside. Kim-Ly met the newcomers with a smile and cups of coffee sweetened with honey and cream. "Please, sit, be comfortable, the stew's almost ready." Hitch could smell fresh bread baking, and though it hadn't been many hours since he'd eaten lunch, his stomach rumbled at the wonderful smell.

While Miller checked on the food, Kim-Ly sat around the fire with Diego and Catalina. Hitch took the last chair and Kieu-Linh sat on the floor between his feet, her head back on his leg.

They just looked at each other for a few minutes. The expressions on the newcomers' faces showed the stress and strain and heartbreak they'd been through. It went without saying. The way she leaned back in her chair, the shirt tight around her abdomen, showed the small but obvious curve in Catalina's belly, her breasts heavy and somewhat swollen above.

Kim-Ly's voice was soft and sympathetic when she finally spoke. "Where'd you start out on this journey, you two? Where are you from?"

Catalina looked at Diego before speaking. "Mobile, Ma'am. We were both born in Mobile, Ma'am." Her words started to rush out quickly. "Please ... we just need some help. I'm pregnant-and-I-don't-know-what-to-do-I'm-so-scared-I'm-so-hungry-please-please..." Catalina started to cry, but she was clearly dehydrated, the tears few and far between despite her anguish. Diego stood and leaned over her, cradling her head against his stomach. Hitch noticed their cups were already empty, and he refilled them with a couple of pumps on the level at the sink, mixing in a few swirls of honey.

Diego said meekly. "Please ... I'm so sorry ... We don't know what to do. We've been chased off by everyone. All we need is some help, some food. We'll work, we'll do anything. I can work fields, she can clean. She can sew! Please ... please..."

Kieu-Linh was crying softly, running her hands over Hitch's leg after he sat back down. There were tears in Kim-Ly's eyes, but she kept them from falling. The woman said, "Okay ... okay ... right now, you're safe, alright? You stay here a few days and we'll see what we can do. We don't have a lot ... but we do better than most. I'm sure we can figure something out..."

Catalina's eyes widened and she cried harder, a mix of anguish and joy on her face. "Oh, thank you, Ma'am! Oh, please! Thank you! Oh..."

"Shhh ... easy, child ... easy..." Kim-Ly said crouching down next to her. "Easy ... you're okay right now." After stroking the girl's head a moment, she looked at Diego and nodded towards Catalina's swollen belly. "Yours?"

The young man nodded, looking away. "Yes, Ma'am ... It's mine..."

"Okay ... just had to know. How far?"

"We think four months or so ... not sure ... no way to tell..."

"Alright," Kim-Ly replied, "you two just settle in and get comfortable right now. We'll see what we can do to help."

Kim-Ly glanced towards Hitch a moment, a strength of resolve and compassion etched in her sadness. Kim-Ly was a very beautiful woman, Hitch thought, and even more so when she was helping someone in need. He could see how great a role model the woman had been for her daughter, how the teen's kindness and strength had been displayed time and again by Kim-Ly as an example of how to be an adult, how to be a strong woman, a person who was capable of helping others and making those around her strong, as well.

Hitch ran his hand over Kieu-Linh's head and stroked her lovely, silky hair which was loose at that moment. He watched as Diego sat at Catalina's feet, rubbing them. Hitch expected they both had terrible sores and calluses from wearing ratty socks and sneakers which had seen much better days. He appreciated seeing the young man massaging his partner's tired soles, even as Hitch was certain that Diego's hands and arms were sore and achy, themselves. He was getting a good feeling about the boy.

Catalina stopped crying slowly, her hand reaching down to touch Diego's shoulder, just holding her fingers idle there, a small touch that said 'thank you, ' and, 'I love you.'

"All righ', hungry folks," Miller called out, "le's get summa food in yer bellies." He carried steaming bowls of stew to Diego and Catalina, hunks of crusty bread sitting on top, soaking up the juices. The teens eyed them with delight. Before they ate, Hitch saw them bow their heads and pray quietly together. Seconds later, each was tearing into the bread, dipping it deep into the stew, and putting dripping chunks of warm goodness into their mouths.

Hitch stood and brought back a bowl for Kieu-Linh and himself while Miller and Kim-Ly sat at the small table by the sink. The room was alive with sounds of sloshing bowls and spoons scraping up last scraps of meat and juices. Kim-Ly came over when the newcomers were finished and said, "let that settle a bit. Don't want you sick from eating too much too soon, but there's plenty more you can have after a while. Are you tired? Have you slept lately?"

Diego's bloodshot eyes and sunken cheeks said it all. He shook his head anyway. Kim-Ly pointed towards the bedroom. "Take our bed and get some sleep. When you get up, we'll get you fed again. Don't worry about a thing right now, just relax, alright?"

"Thank you, Ma'am," Catalina said with sincerity and relief, "oh, thank you so much!"

"You're welcome. Call me Kim, please. And this is Jefferson, my husband."

"Miller will do," said the mountain man, "jus' Miller, than' ya. An' welcome, both o'yas. Like my wife says, we'll figure ou' sumthin', dun' ya worries."

"Thank you, Ma—Kim," Catalina repeated.

Diego said simply, "thank you, Kim, Miller," then followed Catalina into the bedroom. Since there was no door, Hitch could hear the two settle in on the old mattress and get comfortable, leaving the four of them alone around the fire. Miller's eyes darted from the room to his wife, then to Hitch and Kieu-Linh. He motioned them out onto the porch, then closed the thick, wooden door and screen behind them once outside.

They sat on the porch and Miller said quietly, "whelp, we got us'a coupl'a strays..."

"Poor kids," Kim-Ly said.

"They've got nowhere to go," Kieu-Linh added.

Kim-Ly replied, "we'll give them a place to rest and recoup a while, and then..."

"We can't kick them out!" Kieu-Linh said more loudly.

"Shh ... easy, chil'," Miller cautioned, "le's no' make 'em feel worse."

"I know," Kieu-Linh said, "but we can't..."

"We'll give 'em sanctuary an' we'll figure tha res' ou' later."

"What's happened when others have come here previously," Hitch asked, "aside from the ones who were violent?"

"Mos' dun stay lon'. Mos' headin' north, tryin' ta get ta Ohio or New York, places like tha'," Miller answered. "We always send 'em on thar' way with sum rations an' wha'ever comforts we can spare."

"And those who ... didn't leave on their own? Any of those?" Hitch inquired.

The others were silent a moment. Miller finally answered, "whelp ... really only once ... two Florida boys, claimed tha' were figh'ers from 'round Tallahassee. Took 'em in, offered 'em a place ta stay a few days, then..." He trailed off.

Kim-Ly continued for him, "they weren't good people, Hitch. Mean, those two."

"What happened?"

Kieu-Linh's voice was steady. "They tried to rape me."

"She was eleven or thereabouts," Kim-Ly said quietly, "we'd been down with the cows a couple of days after they arrived. Kieu-Linh came back up to grab something out of the cabin and caught them drinking the hard cider and talking like they were toughs."

"Stron' stuff, tha' batch, stron' stuff," Miller added.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.