The Hurricane of 2020 - Cover

The Hurricane of 2020

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 33

That night, I picked up the phone on the first ring because I had awakened it to call her. "Good evening, Missus Anderson."

"Good evening, Husband. That was a quick answer."

"I had the phone in my hand to call you, Lovely Eve."

She laughed sultrily. "That sounds nice. So far, all the comments have been positive about the name change on my show. One of my guests acted surprised. He said that he thought I would continue to use Baylor. I told him that I was proud of my husband and to have his name. I would use it and would not hyphenate it with my old name. I told him that I was Eve Anderson and wanted the world to know and share in my joy. I explained that I would have you on the show as soon as you could work your schedule."

I said, "Eve, I can address that. I plan to fly up Thursday late afternoon from Montgomery leaving my car at the airport. I will be up there all Friday and at your disposal. I thought we could return to Montgomery Friday afternoon and drive back home."

She chuckled, "Where ever the two of us are is home. That's wonderful, Darling. I look forward to seeing you Thursday evening and even more that night. Your wife is horny." I could feel her grin through the phone.

She continued, "I can't make the announcement about the move yet but will after the week off. By then, we should know when the studio will be ready. Joan has Todd helping her fast track the modifications to get everything ready."

"That's okay. The hurry is off now. We're talking about ways and means not if's and maybe's. I have your heart and you have mine. We'll get the rest together. I expect Bill, Junior, and the family in Friday afternoon or evening. We will have to be more inhibited this weekend."

She laughed. "I have Thursday night. Eat well and get plenty of rest. You're going to need your strength."

We talked a while longer but the news was done. After telling each other of our love, we got off the phone and I headed for bed.

The rest of the week passed uneventfully. I had booked a flight with a suitcase. Eve had warned me to wear a suit because there was an event that evening. It's not the most comfortable way to fly but it was a short trip. I got off the jet, retrieved my case, and went outside to see a limo with a sign bearing my name on it.

After greeting the driver, we left the airport for Eve who was still at the studio. The driver said, "Here we are, Mister Anderson. Missus Anderson asks that you come in. I will be waiting to drive you later this evening."

"Thank you, Morgan." She held the door for me as I got out. Lady limo drivers were not quite my comfort zone, particularly young and pretty ones. So shoot me, I'm old fashioned.

I went inside to be met by Eve who wrapped her body around mine with a soul-stirring kiss that would wake a dead man. She moaned, "Darling Husband, I'm so glad you're here. We have guests and then I have an appearance to make." I nodded though was still reeling from her welcoming kiss.

She unwrapped her body from mine and she took my hand as she led me deeper into the studio area. Joan and Nick were the first two I saw and the only familiar faces. The rest were known but only by their reputations. I was introduced to them after receiving a hug from Joan. They were nice people who seemed to know Eve well. I could tell that they were curious about me. I didn't blame them.

Two women about Eve's age cornered me. One said, "Eve has turned down more dates than I thought existed in Nashville. How did you capture her?"

I thought for an instant. I said, "I didn't capture her. I did help her out of her wrecked car and took her into town when she wrecked after a hurricane. We became friends first. She's a great lady."

"Have you been married before?"

"Yes, Jan passed away from cancer. It was a hard battle and left an empty spot that Eve has filled. My son and his wife think she's great."

The other one said, "How does it feel to have a rich, famous wife?"

"It's interesting. I think I can adjust to the situation with Eve. We're still working out the details for living together."

"What did you do for a living?"

"Until a few weeks ago, I was retired but took a position after I was talked into it."

Eve came up behind me. She said, "Barb, Alice, I see you've met Bill. What lies has he been telling you?" I did my best to look innocent.

Eve looked at them and then said, "You should know that Bill has more money that the three of us put together. His new job was appointed by the Governor of Alabama. I attended a function to speak and it turned out that Bill knew more people than I and they thought he was to be the speaker. I was originally thought to be just his arm candy. They were surprised when I spoke."

Both looked shocked. They wandered off and we had a moment. I said, "Thanks for rescuing me."

She said, "I think we put sticks in the spokes of their wheels. They have each disposed of slacker husbands recently I could see the claws coming out. For them, money and prestige are all that can talk."

I said, "Now, I understand the comment about wealth and being appointed by the governor. You know, of course, that he also appoints the housekeeper for the mansion." She grinned and then couldn't hold it and began to laugh. She held on to me to keep from falling down with her mirth.

She gasped out, "Bill, you just don't take anything seriously."

"I take you seriously, Eve. I don't have to take a temporary position seriously though I do think I am accomplishing something useful there."

Joan came up and said, "Share the joke." Eve explained about the two harpies that had surrounded me and what we had told them. She loved it. "Todd will enjoy hearing about that tonight when we talk."

I said, "Just tell him not to tell the rest of the world, please."

The reception was finally over and we rode in the limo to a dinner. She was recognized as Eve Baylor. She stood and said in an angry tone. "I am Missus Eve Anderson. I am married and proud of my status and my new name." The master of ceremonies apologized to her. She sat down fuming. She said to me quietly. "She knew that earlier. Joan called her to make sure she was aware because I was to be recognized tonight." She made a show of holding hands with me with our rings showing.

After the dinner, Morgan drove us to Eve's Nashville house. It was a very nice home in a pricey neighborhood. We were let out and both of us thanked Morgan. Eve guided me inside with my suitcase.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.