The Hurricane of 2020 - Cover

The Hurricane of 2020

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 17

We woke together and pulled on enough clothing to be decent and went into the kitchen. It was early and the morning mist was visible out the window as the coffee dripped. I fixed her coffee and poured mine. We continued to look out the window with our arms around each other just enjoying the quiet.

After a few minutes, Joan wandered in sniffing loudly. "Coffee, I smell coffee." She fixed her cup and joined us looking out the window. She said, "It is so quiet and beautiful here. It's amazing. There are no sounds of cars or people."

I said, "We are roughly in the middle of fifteen acres plus I've left it pretty well wooded. That insulates it from outside sounds, too."

Eve said, "The more I am here, the more I understand why you love this place."

We cooked a quick breakfast and ate. Joan said, "How's the television reception here?"

I said, "We have cable though it was a pain to install. We also have high speed internet. I'm going to get on the radio with Eve some more. You are invited to join us, too, Joan. You might like it."

We went into my other room in the house which housed my desktop computer and the radios. I flipped switches to turn everything on. I pulled up two other chairs next to mine. We had missed the Treasure Coasters on forty meters since it was already eight but I knew others would be busy plus we could work distant stations on twenty meters. I went to eighty meters and could faintly hear the Old National Net. I tuned up to the Georgia Geritol Net on 3.995. They were in on their third or fourth round. I pushed the desk mike over to Eve. I said, "Charles will ask for anyone to check in in a moment." She nodded and took the mike. We listened and Charles received the pass from another and spoke for a short time. He then asked for check-ins.

Eve said, "WR4L." He acknowledged her though noted that "Bill's" voice had changed. He asked for any others. When there were none, he returned to my call and said to pass it to WA4TKL. Eve keyed the mike. "This is Eve with WR4L as control operator. I am visiting with Bill. He is a gracious host and a lovely man. His granddaughter says I'm his girl friend and that will do for now. Let me turn the mike over to Bill."

I took the mike. Good morning, Charles and the rest of the Geritol group. I'm back at home in Alabama having escaped Georgia with two lovely ladies. You've heard from Eve and now I give you Joan."

I pushed the mike to Joan. She said, "Hello, I'm Joan. Eve and I are staying at Bill's home for a few days. I've enjoyed meeting him in the last week as he's a great guy. I'm not sure what to do so I'll hand the microphone back to him." She did.

I said, "WR4L here again. Thank you for picking me up this morning. Bobby, how are you doing this morning? WA4TKL from WR4L."

Bobby said, "Better now for hearing those two lovely ladies. WA4TKL. If those two look as good as they sound, you are a lucky guy, Bill. Uh, who do I send it to? Neil's gone already."

Charles said, "Walt."

Bobby said, "Okay, Pick it up Walt. KR4HV from WA4TKL."

Walt picked up. "KR4HV here. How about it, Bill? Are they as pretty as they sound? What do you think, Gary? K4MDC from KR4HV."

"K4MDC. Good morning, ladies and you, too, Bill. I bet they are." The sound went away for a moment. Gary came back. "Jerry said that she saw Bill on the Eve Baylor show. She said that Eve kissed Bill on the air. That's got to be the Eve we heard. If so, she's a real looker! Go ahead, Bill. Defend yourself."

"WR4L here. I have no defense. I'm sitting between two beautiful women and one of them is my beloved Eve. Carry on. WR4L"

That started some real comments being passed around. Charles came on, called for any other check-ins and then turned it over to my call saying, "WR4L, let's hear Eve again. K4GK."

I grinned and was nodding toward Eve. She took the mike and said, "K4GK from Eve with WR4L as control operator.

"Guys, I was proud to have Bill on my show. I'm even more proud to be called his beloved. Joan works with me on the show. We had fun last night when Bill took us to eat in a local restaurant for supper with one of us on each arm. The local guys were really interested. Joan, why don't you pick it up while Bill gets over blushing?"

She handed the mike to Joan. She said, "He does turn a pretty shade of red. I made a try for him but Eve already had her claim established." She chuckled. "Now, he's even redder!

"It's been good to get to know Bill and find out how many people know and like him. The staff on the show all think he is a number one stud!"

She was laughing happily. Eve took back the mike. "My number one stud is without words." She laughed into the mike. "That's the nice thing about Bill. He just does what he does and is who he is and that's fantastic. I love to be with him. He kisses real good, too. WR4L to WA4TKL."

I grinned and said to them as Bobby had fun with that remark. "That's almost too much information, Ladies." The guys passed the talk around quickly. I could tell they wanted to hear from Eve and Joan. Charles passed it to Eve.

Eve said, "Eve here again with WR4L as control operator. I'm not sure how in control he feels at the moment. He will feel less so in a moment. I'm going to give the mike to Joan. While she talks, I'm going to get in his lap and kiss him. Carry on, Joan!"

She did exactly that while Joan described what Eve was doing in detail. She finished saying. "He has promised to show us around the town. I better get him free from Eve while he is still conscious. Uh, WR4L. I'm not sure what to do and our control operator is involved in his duties to Eve." She released the mike laughing.

Before Bobby could say anything, I said, "WR4L here though a bit out of breath. We will get on the road. Everyone have a great day."

Eve grabbed the mike and sultrily said, "Eighty-eight all. WR4L. We both have happy smiles." She set the mike down and went back for one more kiss before letting me go. I wasn't sure I wanted to get up any more. Radio had never been this much fun! The net was really enjoying themselves.

I said, "I guess we should go look at those buildings today. While I'm in here, I have one other thing I want to do." Eve looked at me curiously. "I want to check weather.com for an update on Horace." She nodded though looked anxious.

First, I called 9-1-1. "Millie, this is Bill Anderson. Is Todd working today?" She said that he was off until Monday morning. "Good, please ask him to call me. I would like him to help Joan walk some more." Millie gave a surprised squawk. "He will understand. I will be here for his call. Thanks. Good bye, Millie."

Joan looked surprised but happy. I said to her. "You might wear some shorts with low heels. I think he likes you."

She murmured. "I like him, too." She left and I hoped she would put on something a little hotter. Eve was already dressed to look like a dream.

I went to Firefox and pulled up weather.com and its hurricane center. With Eve looking over my shoulder, I pulled up a number of maps and forecasts as well as current reports on Horace's status.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.