The Hurricane of 2020 - Cover

The Hurricane of 2020

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 16

I came back inside with the final load. Both ladies were in the living room. Eve said, "Why dresses?"

I grinned. "Your legs will show off better." The two looked at each other with that unspoken communication that only women can do and headed for the bedrooms. I took my case into my bedroom and set it down.

Eve opened one of her cases and pulled out a dress. Laying it on the bed, she stripped, including her bra, and shimmied into the dress. What there was of it was tight and low cut at the top and high cut at the bottom. She slipped her feet into a pair of high heeled sandals and grinned at me. "That ought to get enough of them salivating to start a flood."

I looked at her and slowly nodded. I said, "I will get my club."

She walked out laughing. Joan was in a similar dress. I said, "I may need two clubs.!"

Joan said, "Clubs?"

I said, "Yes, I'll need them to beat away all the men who see either of you. We will get to talk to many men this evening at Michael's." I sighed. "We need to go. It's not open late."

We left, taking my truck with Joan in the back seat area. We pulled in and started inside. The riot began almost immediately! I can't remember the last time a good looking woman came in wearing a mini dress. I don't think there had ever been a time when two came in! Eve and Joan each had one of my arms and held on as the volume rose and heads swiveled. Stella walked over to us and said, "Mister Bill, that's an entrance! Come on in and have a seat." We sat down and she handed us menus. She looked at Eve and said, "What would you like to drink?"

Eve said, "Sweet tea, please."

Stella said, "You're Eve Baylor! Wow! I'll tell Michael."

She looked at me and said, "Mister Bill, is she with you?" The question in her voice was unmistakable.

Eve said, "According to his granddaughter, I'm his girl friend. That will do for now."

Stella said, "Wow!" It was almost reverent in tone. She looked at Joan and said, "What would you like to drink? Are you his girl friend, too."

Joan smiled. "I work for Miss Baylor. I applied for the position of girl friend but Eve had already nailed that spot down."

Stella looked at Eve. "You're going to disappoint a few ladies who had their eye on him."

Eve said, "I've done that already in Atlanta while he was up there with me."

Stella looked stunned. "Bill, your usual?" I nodded. I decided that speaking would not make things better.

Mike came out from behind the wall separating the kitchen from the front of the restaurant. "Bill, it's good to see you. If you will bring those two back and let me know ahead of time, your meals will be free. I will be able to charge admission!"

He smiled at Eve. "Miss Eve, I would love a picture with you and a signed menu."

Eve smiled. "If it's okay with Bill, I will be glad to do that."

Michael's face had a stunned look. I nodded. "Of course, Michael is a good friend. I've eaten here for years." Stella ran for her purse and grabbed her phone. By the time she returned, there were a number of phones out and pictures being snapped. Most were of Eve but many were of Joan or both of them. It was getting funnier to me by the second. Stella took her picture and Eve signed a menu with "love" and handed it to Michael. She also kissed his cheek.

The only fly in the ointment was about to land. Junior Baker worked his considerable bulk out of his chair and lumbered over to our table. He said, "Bill, you can't have two beautiful broads all to yourself."

I looked over at him. I said, "Junior, the two 'ladies' came with me and they will leave with me. You will be a gentleman or it will be between you and me. You didn't like that last time. You won't like it this time. Do we need to go outside?"

We looked at each other for a long while. Finally, Junior said, "They're too fancy for me anyway. I think I'll go home."

I said kindly, "Good night, Junior." He walked out the door. A few folks gave an exhale and went about their business.

Stella came to our table and took our orders. "Thank you, Bill. He had a flask under the table and the hooch was feeding his attitude."

"I know, Stella. Junior's okay but does need to be reminded every once in a while to act correctly."

Our food was served and it was delicious. Eve and Joan cleaned their plates. We had coffee and apple pie for desert. As we were finishing up. Todd Ames from the Brantley Police Department came by for his coffee and pie. He was a younger man who had never married after returning from the army. His wife left him while he was deployed and then divorced him while he was still gone.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.