Tara Ardclár - Cover

Tara Ardclár

Copyright© 2015 by Cainneach McEinri

Chapter 53

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 53 - In An Clochán, the Órarduine family growth continues. Aliens arrive. One group is violently unfriendly which leads to a confrontation. Another is not and their contact them is quite different as they are interested in building a friendly relationship. They assist this group in meeting Earth's leaders. A suitable planet is found on which to establish a settlement. As they prepare to move and settle, there are distractions and challenges.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Robot   Extra Sensory Perception   Space   Oral Sex   Lactation   Pregnancy  

It was a little after 17:00 hours when Sarah's Clan arrived back at Tara Ardchlár to rejoin the Landing Day celebration. They were surprised to find Keri and Iris waiting for them.

"Good, you're here," said Keri and Iris together.

"So what's up?" asked Sarah with a bit of concern showing in her tone.

"Bad day?" replied Keri.

"No. Not at all, and my apologies for sounding the way I did. Some of us just feel edgy at times but haven't figured out why. Maybe it's because everything is moving along so well."

As Sarah was speaking Keri gave her an intense hug. "Mom, you don't need to apologize. We felt your apprehension." After they had both hugged Sarah they greeted their other parents the same way.

Before Sarah could respond Joyce said, "So how is the celebration? Are you having a good time?"

"It's fantastic. We did great in our volleyball matches. Right now some are playing basketball while others are participating in a jam session. Music sounds really different here."

"I'm not surprised," replied Maeve.

"The feeling is there, it's just that the sound seems so different."

"Well you aren't hearing or performing in a can. Even though the living areas on our spaceships have surface finishes to reduce reverberation, it still has an effect on the sounds you hear and sense."

"We have a spot over on the west side. We've been using it as a place to rest and meet. Siobhan's and Maureen's Clans have claimed spots next to ours. Siobhan's Clan brought their babies and we've been helping with them."

"Good, lead the way," said Aoife.

They stopped to talk many times on their way to the rendezvous spot their children had staked out. Most times it was just to exchange greetings but a few times it was for a more extended conversation. Everyone they talked to was excited to be there, to be on a planet rather than in a spaceship. At the same time people were anxious about the future, even though they were comfortable with the family's plans.

Approaching their destination they were greeted by Keriann's and Siobhan's Clans. After exchanging hugs and greeting the babies Siobhan said, "This is really neat."

"Yes, it is," replied the group.

"So which activities have you all participated in?" asked Joyce.

"We played a volleyball match," replied Siobhan. "We only played two sets as there were quite a few groups waiting to play. We came back to check on the babies. Since then we've been walking around, chatting with people that we don't see very often, and enjoying the fresh air."

Siobhan had just finished speaking when they heard Serarck say, "Great. We've found three of them together." Turning they saw Serarck, Zhaos, Lorelei, and Earl approaching.

"Good afternoon," responded the three Command Staffs.

Sarah added, "So, are you all enjoying the celebration?"

"They certainly have been," replied Keri before the group could respond.

"Yes, we have," replied Serarck as she stuck her tongue out at Keri. "The soccer game was great. We were surprised at how similar it was to a game played on the planet where I grew up."

"From the way you played I think it indicated that it was more than just 'similar'," responded Keri. "You and your friends looked more like pros than first timers from the way you played."

"Oh, I think that after everyone plays some more the skill level will even out. Several people commented after the last game we played that it had been years since they played and that they had only played a little then. Apparently it was when they were teenagers in school."

"That was likely during what we called gym class," responded Joyce. "In many cases, apart from giving you an hour of exercise, those classes just acquaint you with a game's rules and give you some time to get a feel for it."

"Anyway, today has been great. Considering the short time we've been here we are surprised to see all of this."

Claudette said, "After the celebration is over we will be setting up more dome tents at several locations. These will provide offices and meeting areas for those working here. One of them will be in the central block for use by the Councilors as offices and meeting space. The soccer fields were thought of after the grass was trimmed back for the picnic area. That prompted the idea of setting up several more areas for specific sports, such as the volleyball court. There was more than enough space to add them."

"We're still surprised to be having a celebration so soon after our arrival."

"So soon? Do you realize that we have been here 9 weeks already?"

"You are kidding?"

"Nope. As to the celebration, it came about because of a casual comment during a meeting of the group setting up the structure for our government. The comment was something to the effect of, 'it would be nice to have a celebration commemorating our arrival on Ananu and the initiation of our governing structure'. The idea of a celebration was initially discounted because the group thought it would be too soon after arriving. However, a member of that group was involved in planning this site's development. He mentioned the idea to the site planners, where it took root, and it grew from there. By making minor alterations to site prepping they were able to accommodate everything without any significant change in the site timeline, thus, here we are. It also helped that the topology was favorable."

"Well, if the rumors are believable, the idea of an arrival celebration came at just right time for site planning," added Lorelei smiling. "Its perfect timing resembles the timing regarding y'alls suggestion for the location of this morning's ceremony. The planning group received the site suggestion shortly after they realized that the original site wasn't quite what they envisioned. Initially many of them weren't really happy with the original site, and that dissatisfaction grew as they worked to set up the ceremony. Many wanted to change the location but until Sarah's Clan's suggestion they hadn't really looked into it. However, when they saw the knoll and the surrounding area, they were ecstatic as it fit their vision perfectly. Achieving it though wasn't a slam dunk as there were some serious logistical issues and a shortage of time. As they discussed the issues over lunch they were heard by a few others who then joined them. So, knowing this family you can guess what happened next, or putting it another way, many hands make light work. We saw the results this morning. Your comments after the ceremony were very appropriate as they emphasized working together toward a common purpose.

"After the ceremony, several made comments to the effect that they thought the site was exquisitely perfect. A few thought it was so perfect that it must have been made for this kind of event. Your words of acceptance were well thought out."

Kendra of Siobhan's Clan said, "The knoll felt right when we visited it with Sarah's Clan the first time," with her spouses nodding their agreement.

Serarck said, "Well there are some from Tigsu who believe that the golden glow during the ceremony indicates that the Gods and Goddesses blessed today's event."

"That is a reasonable perception," said Morrigan as she and Aine joined the group.

"That raises several interesting questions," replied Aoife. "Are there deities here? Are they the same as those we knew on Earth?"

"The simple answer is yes and no. Planets with advanced life forms most likely have a family of deities overseeing its growth and development. Seldom does one family of deities oversee events in more than one solar system. The family overseeing Earth is an interesting group."

"I would agree with the last," said Maeve. "So do you know this planet's deity family?"

"Yes. Several of us have interacted with them in the past, although saying that we know them may be implying more than is fact."

"How do we interact with the deities here?"

"Just like you have been doing. When you ask for blessings, guidance, or give thanks for the blessings received from the Gods and Goddesses, those in that domain recognize your request and appreciate your thankfulness. From our standpoint, a mistake many mortals make is in taking an unanswered request as a rejection. A request may not be fulfilled for many reasons. It may be flawed, unbalanced, or may have significant negative consequences. Also, it may be something they cannot directly alter or intercede in.

"Let me add a little perspective to your situation with respect to these deities. Since you are migrating here, they literally know as much about you as you do of them. Obviously, this would not be the case if you had evolved here. You would already be aware of them as most deities make themselves known to the planet's mortals, just as those in Sol's system did in Earth's early history. Thus, you would already know their names and the forms expected when seeking their assistance."

"So what can you tell us about them?" asked Aoife.

"They are a small family with four daughters and a son. The family is led by God Laghdha and Goddess Canu. We have only met three of their daughters who are Cabd, Ariu and Iodla. We believe that they will make themselves known to you in the near future. This belief is based on several things that have happened since you arrived. Remember the plate that was returned that held the offering left at an apparent place of meditation. The way you found the knoll site for the ceremony. The most recent is the golden light that covered the site during the ceremony. However, the near future could be tomorrow, next month, next year, or even longer as their sense of time is much different than yours, and to some extent, ours.

"My apologies for interrupting your conversation."

"Apology accepted," replied Sarah, Keriann and Siobhan with their spouses nodding agreement, "although none was needed."

"How should we greet them if we meet them?" asked Aoife.

"If they come to you then just greet them as you would any honored guest. If you seek them out, then it would be best to follow the old forms." Seeing puzzled expressions she continued with, "Generally, following the old forms would have you making an offering to them. An appropriate offering could consist of a glass of wine, a loaf of bread along with cheese and fruit if available, just like the offering you made at the grotto."

"Thanks."

Keriann said, "Have you enjoyed your day?"

"Yes. It has been very relaxing. We've participated in several activities. I feel very comfortable with all of you. Aine and I were on our way to the volleyball courts."

"So you're intending on playing again?" asked Keri.

"Perhaps. See y'all." The group was quiet for a few moments as they watched Aine and Morrigan head toward the courts.

"Wow, that is a lot to think about," said Serarck.

"What do you think of the celebration?" asked Eileen of Siobhan's Clan changing the subject with a smile.

"Where do I begin," replied Lorelei. "Everyone I've seen or talked to seems to be really enjoying themselves. In a way I'm surprised that we are having a holiday as there is so much that needs to be done."

Aisling of Siobhan's Clan said, "Based on what we've seen today, it looks as though several groups on each ship have been preparing for this day ever since we left Sol system."

"Seeing the pavilion this morning cleared up some of the puzzling questions I've been asked during our trip," said Eleánóir of Keriann's Clan. "Let me rephrase that. Many of them could be thought of as "what if" or "what do you think of" questions but not expressed as such. I know that sounds confusing but..."

Erin of Sarah's Clan added, "We understand what you are trying to say. We've had similar experiences."

"In any case," said Lorelei, "the pavilion design was well thought out as it is simple yet elegant."

"We agree," said Zhaos. "Although we understand that it is not complete."

"It looked complete to me," replied Conan of Siobhan's Clan.

"The design calls for adding 4 more levels to the octagonal base. If I understood the description correctly, each level adds another 4 meters in depth on each side. Once the base is complete the whole thing will be covered by a dome. The dome's curvature will match that of an imaginary sphere containing the pavilion. The dome's transparency will vary depending how bright it is so that the lighting level is always at a constant level under the dome."

"Now I'm curious as to what they have planned," said Sarah. "There should be a model of it in our system."

"Gee," said Lorelei, "we thought you all knew everything that was going on in our family." She managed to maintain a serious expression until she finished speaking, and then smiled. Several of the others had started laughing before she had even finished speaking.

"Yea, right," replied all three Command Staffs.

"The group who put the pavilion together were puzzled by the gold light during the ceremony," said Brigarck.

"I've heard similar comments," responded Lorelei.

"I suspect we will eventually know the source of the golden glow," replied Aoife.

"That's it. It was more of a glow than a beam of light. Interesting."

"I agree," said Serarck thoughtfully.

"Serarck, did we answer your question?" asked Erin.

"I think so. We were going over to listen to some singing groups when we saw you. Before we leave, congratulations again on accepting the role as the Órarduine's first council members. I think your group is ideal for guiding our family through the transition from space voyagers to planet dwellers."

"Yes!!" added those with Serarck.

"Thank you. It will take all of us to succeed," replied Sarah with the members of the three clans nodding their agreement.

"We'll see you later." With that Serarck and Zhaos, along with their friends, headed toward a musical group.

"We see you made it," said Kennith as he arrived with a group of young people. They were all sweaty and dirty.

"Good afternoon," replied Sarah's Clan. "Of course we made it."

Alena said, "What have you guys been into?"

"We went for a hike over toward the creek and then into the woods a little ways."

"I'm not sure that that was a good idea."

"We were fine. A couple of those who went with us were former Special Forces members. They showed us some techniques they hadn't been able to show us on Mars."

"Be sure and write up what you saw," said Chester of Keriann's Clan. "Actually, that would be a good thing for everyone to do after exploring."

"Gee, now you are making it work."

"Not really and it is something to which all of us should be contributing to. Our surveys have provided us with a lot of information about what is on this planet. However, pretty much all of that is general background which still leaves a lot of blanks to fill in."

"Oh, so you are suggesting something like a daily journal."

"Yes, that would be a good tool. I think that if you look in the library you will find examples of what others have done, in particular look at the journals explorers kept. This information will be very important when we begin to move to other areas of the planet. In the meantime it should help those who are setting up our agricultural operations."

"Okay. We can do that, it just means that we can spend more time on the planet." Several in the group with Kennith smiled.

"Talk to Amy's Clan. They have a couple of groups working on those issues who can tell you what information needs to be recorded and how they plan on doing it. That way you can have some fun exploring and will know what to look for."

"You still have lessons to do," said Alena, "so this doesn't replace them."

"Can we alter our class schedule so there is more time available to us on the planet during the day?" asked Moya.

"Sure, but only if your other responsibilities are met. Now you might want to clean up a bit before you do anything else."

"Okay, mom."

"Rather than doing that why don't you explore on alternate days?" said Alison. "Doing it that way will mean that there would be less time consumed traveling."

"Good idea," replied Iris. The group then headed off toward a shower area.

Conan said, "Chester, let's put together a list of items people should carry with them while exploring. Key items are weapons, first aid kit, snacks and water, but there are other items that probably should be included."

"Sure. Let's get together after the Command Staff meeting tomorrow. In the meantime, we can each make a list. The list shouldn't be very long."

"You're on."

Joyce said, "Our meeting is moved to the 5th, rather than tomorrow."

"Good idea," responded several.

"As to a list, there probably is one already," said Kelly. "I'll bet Cathal has one. Also, those going out exploring or hiking should sign out and provide an indication of where they are going."

"True. Although I suspect his list is more orientated toward conducting a field operation than a casual outing. We probably should have one for both activities. Telling someone where they're going and when they expect to be back is an excellent idea."

"Ah, I see what you're doing. A list for a casual outing is a good idea. A copy of their plans should be given to security, either the settlement's or their ship's AI, and should include how long they plan to be out."

"Thanks," said Rusty to Conan and Chester. "Our telepathic communication should enable anyone to summon assistance, provided it works and that they are awake or conscious enough to use it. I suspect that the items on these lists will be little different than those that were used on Earth."

"Good points to make when presenting the list. We've come to depend on telepathy but we don't know yet if there are any limitations in using it on the planet."

"As to signing out, we are sort of doing that now as those exploring have been using shuttles and IPTPs to look around. That ought to be more formal, and it definitely needs to be done for those hiking."

"Let's talk about this tomorrow," said Sarah. "We're going to split up into groups and wander around until our children sing."

Keriann said, "Our meeting agenda looks fairly long. How long do you think we will be?"

"Well, if we start right after breakfast, by say 09:00, it will probably last until around 19:00 or so. First we need to review the activities with regard to the settlement, which should take the most time. We should discuss how well our new family members are adapting. We need an update on the situation with the Durale prisoners and the crew on IGN404. Probably the most difficult item will be on what topics we want to cover with our visitors."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.