Tara Ardclár - Cover

Tara Ardclár

Copyright© 2015 by Cainneach McEinri

Chapter 48

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 48 - In An Clochán, the Órarduine family growth continues. Aliens arrive. One group is violently unfriendly which leads to a confrontation. Another is not and their contact them is quite different as they are interested in building a friendly relationship. They assist this group in meeting Earth's leaders. A suitable planet is found on which to establish a settlement. As they prepare to move and settle, there are distractions and challenges.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Robot   Extra Sensory Perception   Space   Oral Sex   Lactation   Pregnancy  

While those in Celia system were preparing to review their recent engagement, the group headed to An Clochán exited FTL near the orbit of the 7th planet in Sol system. They chose this location due to the current position of the planets as it gave them a clear path to Mars.

Siobhan, Sarah, Chester and Kathleen as one said, "Breacadh, this is Órarduine Task Group Grey Eagle."

"Good, the recent FTL transition was you."

"We are currently 15 degrees above the ecliptic plane, about 30 lm from you and 140 degrees west of Sol."

"Aye. We're now seeing your IFF. Many here have been anxiously anticipating your arrival."

"Our ETA for Mars orbit is 5 hours 17 minutes."

"Okay to post?"

"Yes."

"Based on what we've heard, the AW base may have a potential problem. Four Dutsuz cruisers arrived two days ago and from your perspective they are about 20 lm behind us. Their progress toward us has been quite slow. Due to them being Dutsuz, and after what happened in Celia recently, as a precaution we have gone to RL3. This has caused some issues with our residents."

"Who is at the base?"

"One Spec Op team and the usual maintenance staff."

"Okay. We will contact them. Monitor our communication."

"Aye."

"Sol41 Approach Control, this is Chester of Keriann's Clan with Órarduine Task Group Grey Eagle," said Chester. "We've just entered the system 30 lm from you at 10 degrees up and 140 degrees west."

"Órarduine Task Group Grey Eagle, we've noted your arrival and IFF. Destination?"

"An Clochán. Our ETA to Mars orbit is roughly 5 hours 17 minutes. Breacadh indicated that you seemed to be having difficulty with four inbound cruisers."

"He is a master of understatement at times but an excellent associate. There are four Dutsuz cruisers heading our way very slowly. Communication with them has been difficult. According to the bits and pieces we've gotten, they have major problems with most systems. Their IFF codes appear to be valid but their transmissions aren't long enough to fully verify them. The Spec Ops team here think that could be due to significant damage received during an engagement. Unfortunately, we don't have an operational ship to send out to check."

"We'll take a look."

"Aye."

An hour later on the lead cruiser of Task Group Grey Eagle, Sarah, Chester, and the other Command Staff members watched their monitor as two of their cruisers moved away from them. Once the cruisers were a short distance away, their velocity increased as they changed their vector 42 degrees to starboard, with a 10 degree rise from that of the task group. When they were well away from the task group, they cloaked and disappeared. From all outward appearances, it appeared that they had left the solar system.

"Breacadh," said Chester, "please advise Sol41 AC using a secure link that we've sent 2 cruisers to check out the Dutsuz ships. We should know what they find in about 3 hours."

"Aye. I will set up a link so you can communicate with them through here."

"Excellent."


It was late afternoon on Dóchas when the review of the Durale engagement finished. The representatives from each Command Staff were still sitting around the table connected with the other participants through their telepathic link.

Jackie looked at Rusty and said, "You and Keriann have had more experience with threats like this than the rest of us. What is your impression of this episode?"

Rusty smiled as he looked at Keriann who returned his smile as she nodded to him, indicating that he should respond. He said, "Intelligence data never tells you the full story, nor does it have all the information you could use or would like.

"From my perspective, we responded appropriately as we had hard information on what we were facing. Could the situation have been recognized earlier? Perhaps. However, we have to remember that we are monitoring a vast area.

"It is obvious that the Iridien's estimate of the number of Durale ships is in error, perhaps significantly. Their apparent strategy for this attack is not one I would have chosen. If you are doing a hit and run, then you need to be in and out quickly. The probability of destroying all the targets is reduced, but it does have the potential of minimizing your losses.

"The two engagements we've had with the Durale since the first one in Sol System seem to indicate a general fear of us. Since we are a small group I am not sure I understand this or the basis for it."

Keriann said, "If those in power have an attitude like Olua's, then they probably think that we did something underhanded which led to the destruction of their ships in Sol System. So the attack could have been for revenge, which isn't usually logically based." Several of the others nodded in agreement with her assessment.

"Good point. However, I am not sure I answered the question Jackie asked. Once the intruders were detected, I think we did well in identifying them and then responding. If they had not been in the debris field then our reconnaissance probes should have detected them much earlier. I thought that our review identified several other approaches to similar situations that could yield a quicker response."

Keriann said, "In terms of losses and injuries, I think we did very well. Obviously we never want any losses, especially of people, but unfortunately that is not very realistic. Nobody ever wants to be the statistic. However, in many respects, I think it weighs on us more than it does on the families as we will always wonder what could have been done differently."

Sally asked, "Should we hold off on sending anything to the Alliance until after the interrogations?"

"No," responded Molly. "We should give them all the known details, including how the Durale arrived, how many there were and what they were carrying. Once that is known by the Alliance, it will be interesting to see whether the politicians admit to what was obviously attempted. I think that their military leaders will immediately see the intent of the attack."

"Some may seek to verify some of the data," responded Conan. "The implications of what they attempted are scary, especially to any planet dweller."

"We should let our visitors from the Alliance know that they can interrogate the prisoners," added Maureen.

Shannon said, "The information packet for the Alliance is nearly ready. Currently they will go to the Iridien, Atewa and Monque Worlds. The packet will include a request to forward it to the other members."

"Why the limited number of worlds?" queried Brandan.

"Resources and coordinates," responded Mia of Shannon's Clan. "The biggest issue is the uncertainty of the coordinates for the other worlds. So from our perspective, it is better to ask that the information be forwarded with an indication as to why."

"Good point," responded Sally. After looking at the other Command Staff members she added, "We are in agreement. Send it as soon as it is ready."

"Aye. One other item then we will back out of this link. It will be a couple of days to a week before we have the initial interrogations and a review of the captured documents completed."

"Very good," replied the Command Staffs. "That is a little sooner than the time we were given earlier."

"The first estimate was very pessimistic."

"Shannon, what are the arrangements for the prisoners after their interrogations are complete?" asked Brittany.

"As we complete each one, we let Clarence know. A Security Team then transfers them to the island. Once on the island, they will be given a set of rules for living there. There will be primitive shelters available along with a food source. Spiders and a controller will monitor the island. The lions have set up a rotation for monitoring it as well."

"Good. At some point, we should ask the Dutsuz to pick them up."

"They may not want them," responded Ron of Jackie's Clan, "and the prisoners may not want to return."

Terry said, "We can deal with that when the time comes."

"We agree," responded the Command Staffs.

"Amy," said Rusty, "how are the canopies over the excavations working out?"

"Great. When the idea was first suggested many of us had doubts, as we expected to have problems with the wind causing them to lift up. Well, that can still happen, but with the way they are setup they will fall to the side, and collapse to be well out-of-the-way. Since they've been up we've had some pretty strong winds and not had any problems. Best of all, it has rained and the excavations stayed reasonably dry.

"I would like to thank the woman who suggested it, but each time I see her I've been in the midst of something. By the time I'm free she is gone. I've even walked over to where I saw her standing. While I didn't find her, I did find some good locations for viewing our activity. We've begun using some of them because of the perspective they give you. The layout we planned is going to look very nice when the buildings are all up, and even while they are going up."

Maeve smiled as she said, "I think your view is tainted by so many years on a spaceship."

Amy's Clan laughed as she replied, "Could be. Next time you are down I'll show you the locations."

"We'll look forward to it. By the way, how is the knoll coming along?"

"From a distance, it looks very nice. However, I've been told that it is off limits to our clans until the ceremony. We have the impression that the committee sees the site as being a significant place related to our settling here. I don't think I expressed that very well, but..."

"We understand," replied several Command Staffs.

Sarah's Clan said, "We've all felt something unique when we first visited that location."

Maeve added, "The closest comparison I can make is what we felt when we visited the apparent grotto. Even so, there is a significant difference."

Joyce said, "It is nearly time to freshen up for dinner. Is everyone satisfied with what we accomplished with the review?"

Jackie's Clan responded with, "We are. Overall it gave us a good perspective of the actions each of us took and how they came together. While we think we will anyway, we should do this every time we have an engagement. In some ways we see it as being similar to what we do after we meet groups from other nations or worlds."

"We agree," replied the other Command Staffs.

"Let's adjourn," said Jill. "Are you all going to join us for dinner?"

"While it is a great temptation, we are going back to Phoenix," responded Conan. "Thank you for the invite, but we need to get caught up on activities there."

"The same for us," added Jackie with the other Command Staffs also nodding indicating their intent to return to their ships.

As they began giving each other goodbye hugs Jim said, "We will be staying here tonight and returning to Tara Ardchlár for breakfast."


"Command Staff Órarduine Grey Eagle DBN01, this is Sharon on Grey Eagle PBM08, we are alongside one of the four ships and have checked out all of them."

"What do they look like?" questioned Siobhan.

"Escapees from a junkyard. We've sent spiders, along with a ferret, to each one. Based on the readings we are getting it appears that there are only a few bots active on each ship. We will know more in about half an hour.

"Looking ahead, Breacadh do you still have the information on the Dutsuz bots?"

"Yes."

"How about the system information from the Dutsuz ships we boarded?"

"Yes. Your ship's AI should have access to both."

"You are right. I guess we would have realized that when we started our planning."

"What are you thinking?" asked Sarah.

"Basically, taking control of the ships so that we can get them into a Mars orbit. This may require us to 'hot-wire' them. It would be a big help if the bots are active since they will know the systems. If the crew members are still alive, presumably in emergency hibernation, then we need to get them into either Sol41 or An Clochán before reviving them.

"We are going to sketch out some ideas then rest while waiting for the spiders and ferrets to tell us what they've found."

"Okay. Let's discuss your plans once you have them firmed up."

"Aye. We'll get back to you, probably in 2 hours or so."

"Breacadh, would you pass the information on to Sol41?"

"Aye."


Sharon said, "Grey Eagle DBN01 this is Grey Eagle PBM08, we have a plan for approaching the Dutsuz cruisers. Do you have time to review it with us?"

"Yes," replied Siobhan. "The rest of us, along with Zoe's group, are in the link. What do you have?"

"Since we last spoke, Morrigan and Brigit have joined us here. As to the status of the ships, the atmosphere won't support biologicals so there are only a few active bots on each ship. All ships have very limited power. Roughly half the crew has survived and they are in emergency hibernation containers. The bots main priority appears to be keeping the hibernation containers functioning by scavenging resources from other parts of the ship. The difficulty Sol41 has with communications is due to the condition of the equipment. Actually, our techs are surprised it worked as much as it apparently did. The ferrets indicate that only essential equipment is operating and they weren't able to download very much information as a result.

"We've identified the command cruiser and will approach that one first. We've reviewed Caoilinn's, Christina's and Edana's report of them boarding the Dutsuz ships. As a first step 4 of us, along with Morrigan, will teleport to the bridge on the lead ship. We will all wear tac suits with clear helmets. First goal is to establish contact with the bots. From there it really depends on what we learn.

"We think we should try to bring the ships back to life so that they can move to Mars orbit under their own power. An alternative is to hard link with one of their cruisers and ferry it back. Our AI says we have enough power to ferry them one at a time. We could also use some more technical assistance."

"Okay," responded Chester, "when you establish contact with the bots, don't presume that they will welcome you. Regardless of how that relationship works out, you should carefully search each ship. The spiders have done a lot of that for you but they are not perfect."

"Agreed. Márie and Angie were going with us. We plan to have four more ready to teleport there. If the bots are not cooperative, we have the information needed to put them into master command mode. Hopefully, that won't be necessary."

"We will send two more cruisers along with more technicians. This will give you enough ships to ferry them if needed."

"Aye. We are going to review the diagrams of the ships layout then board the first one. We will start in an hour."

"Be careful. We'll let you know when the cruisers depart."

"Aye. We plan to."

"Sol41 Approach Control this is Grey Eagle DBN01," said Charles.

"Sol41 here."

"Did you get the summary on the Dutsuz cruiser status?"

"We did."

"We are preparing to send some of our technicians out to assist with getting power restored to them. Would you have any technicians who are familiar with Dutsuz cruisers that could go along?"

"Charles, this is Dicharz, Sol41 commander. Do the ships have an atmosphere?"

"As we understand it, no not currently. Whether this was done to minimize power consumption, or for some other reason, we don't know. There are several bots active on each ship. Our information indicates that their focus is on keeping the remaining crew alive."

"Can you tell if it was a mutiny?"

"No. However, the damage assessment indicates that it was due to combat. There is nothing in the interior images that suggest an internal fight. Why?"

"Curious mostly, but not all our technicians are qualified to work in environmental suits. We should have a dozen who could assist. How soon?"

"We could pick them up there in 30 minutes or so."

"Okay. They'll be ready with their gear."

"Thanks."

Kylie of Maureen's Clan said, "I don't see any reason to wait so why don't we land at An Clochán now?"

Kathleen responded with, "We can, but being up here simplifies communication with the Grey Eagle Six. What do you have in mind?"

"The 2 cruisers we sent were the M model. If we landed, we could quickly rearrange things so that we could send 4 Badb N model cruisers. They have more space and power so if ferrying became necessary it would be easier to do. With more space, it may be possible to shift some hibernation containers to our ships."

"Excellent idea," responded several.

"Let's do it," added Sarah. "An Clochán Approach Control, Task Group Grey Eagle requesting clearance to land."

"Grey Eagle you are cleared all the way to ramp. There is no other traffic."

"Aye."

Sarah said, "Attention Grey Eagle Group, we will begin our descent to An Clochán momentarily. We need to have DBN01, PBN06, EBN11, and IBN17 depart shortly after landing to join PBM08 and EBM10. As soon as we have EBN11 unloaded, apart from the Security team and crew, it will move over to Sol41's ramp to pick up technicians. Stand by for details on what needs to go with the 4 cruisers. Execute descent protocol."

"Aye," responded the bridge of the other 9 ships.

"Sol41," said Calvin, "it will now be about an hour before EBN11 arrives on your ramp."

"Good. We can use the extra time. It looks like there will be 25 technicians and 4 Spec Ops. The Spec Ops have essentially recovered and are getting bored so they thought they could be of assistance."

"That is great."

It wasn't long before Grey Eagle group reached An Clochán. Once on the ground the crews quickly began making the required transfers between ships. Initially they focused on EBN11 so that it could move over to Sol41. By the time DBN01, PBN06, and IBN15 were reconfigured, EBN11 was ready to depart from Sol41.

Christina said, "An Clochán FOC. Sol41 FOC, EBN11 ready to depart."

"Cleared," came the response.

Shortly after that Alana said, "An Clochán FOC, Grey Eagle's Delta group preparing to depart."

"Cleared to orbit," came the response.

As the other three cruisers began lifting off the Command Staff said, "May the Gods and Goddesses be with you. Please be careful."

"We will," replied those on the four ships.

Those remaining watched from near the entrance to An Clochán as the ships lifted off. The three ships were only a short distance away when EBN11 joined them. With its arrival their velocity rapidly increased as they headed toward the four stranded Dutsuz ships.

Mairia said, "What an amazing sight."

"How so?" asked Belinda of Zoe's group.

"Well maybe I didn't express myself very well, but what we just saw resembles scenes from movies I saw growing up, only this is real."

"It certainly is."

The group picked up their gear and headed for the airlock. On entering the locker room Calvin said, "Breacadh, let each department know that some of us will visit them in thirty minutes or so."

"Okay. When do you want to meet the guests as a group?"

"How about right after dinner?" responded Sarah. "That is when we would normally have a family meeting. Where is the best location?"

"The cave area that was used for final assembly is one possibility. That area will be easier to set up than where we had our previous large family meetings. Also, our meal times are lasting longer than before."

"Why is that?"

"We have more people and the replicators aren't as fast as going through the buffet line."

"Do we need to sleep on the ships?"

"We have enough accommodations. Besides, you staying here will give our guests a better impression."

"We'd prefer that. What is the status of New Comrie?"

"Chantel is active. It is useable. We have 6 staff members there. It is uncloaked. We are fairly certain that 4 countries have figured out its location. It isn't clear whether they've improved their detection capabilities, or we weren't careful enough with cloaking our operations there. Melinda asked me earlier about its availability."

"She will need several Security Teams to accompany them. Melinda knows which ones."

"She gave me the list. The communication resources she needs are operational. Also, there are several people waiting in the reception area to meet you. Effie in the Security Center has requested that you visit there first, or as soon as you can. They have some concerns regarding several guests."

"Okay, we are almost ready to leave. Our group will meet with them. The groups meeting with the different department staffs will take their gear to the suites first."

"I'll let Effie know the timing. All the department staffs are anxious to meet with you all."


As soon as Zoe's group stepped out of the locker room into the reception area, the crowd erupted in cheers. Those grew louder when the Command Staff members joined them.

"Good afternoon," said the Command Staff when the cheers had tapered off. "We are pleased that you have chosen to join us. Right now there are a few things we need to check on so we will only answer a few questions. However, we've scheduled a general meeting for right after dinner this evening and Breacadh will be announcing the details. During the meeting we plan to cover several general topics then answer questions. First question."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.