Accidental Crossroads - Cover

Accidental Crossroads

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 13

"Not a she," John said. "A place."

Never heard of it.

"I believe there are more Powers that Be than anyone thinks," John had said that more to himself than anyone present.

"Come on up stairs with me. I want to try something." John chuckled. He picked up his Bo staff and headed up the stair.

He peeked in his bedroom, Sultry was asleep. She was hugging his pillow.

At the closet he opened the door and asked the Powers to step inside. He directed them to the far door. All he had on was boxers ... and the watch, he hadn't bothered to get dressed. Carrying the staff he opened the far door.

The entry way to Cassandra was there. "Come on, grab my hand. He stepped through pulling the Seven through after him ... they didn't come. He never let go ... but they weren't with him. He had his boxers, his staff and his watch. There was a feeling in his hand that felt like he was still holding on ... but ... nothing.

The inside door opened.

Cassie jumped up. She was dressed in everyday go to work work-clothes. She looked at her desk calendar and shook her head.

"John ... you weren't supposed to come here for 14 more days. Why are you here?"

"I had a little experiment and it didn't work." He looked at the ceiling.

"Hi."

"Hello yourself," said the ceiling. "Nice hiking stick. I see you still have a watch."

Sam, the healing chamber shouted from behind his door, "Hi, John."

"Hello, Sam."

Cassie said, "Well, I guess you're here and you can't go back until a rescue happens."

"Do I have to leave right this minute?"

"Well, no."

"Good, come on." He headed for the bedroom ... opened the door and started sneezing.

"You decorated," he accused Cassie.

Sam, the healing chamber, said, "You're not supposed to have any allergies."

"I'm not?"

"No ... the healing chamber fixes all that. You're going to have another bout before you do anything else."

"I am?"

"Think about Cassie. She's supposed to appear on Cassandra in the Morning day after tomorrow.

"Which is it?"

"Which is what?"

"Is she going to Cassandra in the morning or the day after tomorrow."

"Cassandra in the Morning is the most popular talk show on the Planet. Cassie is going to be interviewed day after tomorrow."

John looked at Cassie ... she was grinning from ear to ear. This was the biggest of big deals.

"Is my being here inconvenient?"

"Not at all," Cassie said.

She looked at the ceiling, "It's obvious. John will have to go with me."

"Umh, Cassie. I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"It's never been done before."

"Just think ... the ratings... " She held up her hands like she was viewing an old time Movie Marquee. "Today Only. Cassie Caretaker and her Earth Hero, John Flintkote. See it live or watch the Cassandra in the Morning Show. Tickets. etc etc etc."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.