A Good Man - Cover

A Good Man

Copyright© 2014 by PARS001. All rights reserved.

Chapter 3

It had been a week since Tom had been burned and hurt. Frilly was worried Tom hadn't smiled, laughed, hell he hadn't even smirked. Something had most definitely changed, Tom was so determined training everyday as far from his house as he could get.

Frilly had watched his power steadily increase, it was a little frightening. They were on the seventh day straight of training, Tom pushing his self as hard as he could, often till he was exhausted barely able to move.

They had been lucky so far no one had showed up during these sessions, Frilly was afraid that it wouldn't last. The seventh day they were just getting started when the same man that had hurt Tom flashed in.

"HA! there you are you little bastard," the man laughed, "still a weak little bitch I see," with this the man's face grew angry. "I don't know how you're doing this," he snarled, "I won't miss this time!"

Snarling back at the man Tom also laughed, "you'll be surprised, I am not the man you fought before."

"As if, you have no power compared to me, this time you're dead!" The man shouted

"You know something bitch? you talk to damn much," Tom sneered back.

The man's face strained as he threw the first two fireballs at Tom, this time Tom was ready. They grew closer, this time though Tom didn't try to stop them

he'd learned and as they made contact with his shield his power flared. The man's eyes grew large when the fireballs bounced off and headed back at him! Moving away he was shocked when Tom was beside him, this time though he really couldn't move

Damn it! Then he felt his power slip huh? It wasn't draining it was ... waning, weaker, then it was gone what the hell?!

Tom found that the thoughts of the man were totally distasteful. Finding the center of where the man's power came from, Tom had reached in and simply crushed it. The man stared at Tom opened mouthed like he had been shot, "what have you done!" He screamed.

"I took your ability to have powers away, you don't deserve them," Tom snapped

"You WHAT!!? You can't do that! no one has that power, not even the master! the man screamed. "You have to kill me please! Without my power I am of no use anymore!"

"He won't hurt you he can't fi..." Tom started

"NO! kill me, you don't understand I am nothing now, he will eat me, my soul!" with that the man ran out into the street, into traffic and was struck by a passing bus.

"NO!" screamed Tom unable to stop him, the man was dragged by the bus a hundred feet till it stopped. Unfortunately the man's body was mangled by the bus and death was almost instant. Tom just looked on in shock was this master that bad? Ready to go, Tom called for Frilly. When she wasn't there immediately he was a little annoyed but after 5 minutes he began to get worried. It was about that time a hovering sphere floated up to him.

"Hello Tom, I am Malamon, I am in possession of your talisman's spirit. Obviously you don't need her but I need what she knows, you have become an ... annoyance at

best. I will offer you a deal, join my ranks you know those idiots don't care about you, only your power. I can show you wonders."

"Uh huh, the spirit? What of her?" Tom replied.

"Ah! her you can kill her, eat her what ever you want," Malamon said.

"I see and what do I get out of it, fame, power? What? Tom calmly stated.

"Uh, yes, yes, you can have those, "Malamon hesitated.

"As I thought you can't guarantee me those things, you know what? do me a favor and just piss off ok?" Tom snapped, "as a matter of fact," with that he destroyed the sphere with just a look at it.

Malamon was pissed off reaching out he grabbed the spirit and jerked her to him,

"You will talk you fucking little bitch! no one defies me for long!" Frilly screamed as he tried to invade her mind, Damn it! he must still be weak.

Frilly had shut her mind down completely as far as he was concerned she was about dead but she wasn't fooled, he could feel her power as she could his. They

were both old magical beings and hid their power well. She had to wonder why was Malamon so interested in Tom, he wasn't that noticeable, his power wasn't that

noteworthy, so what was it about Tom that set him apart.

Malamon tried to push harder but she'd already shut herself down. She had done it quick also, meaning that she was an old being, laughing he liked it! He would so enjoy eating her soul, her power would increase his to the point that he could finally speed up his healing.

Tom flashed back to near his house, "Azel! appear now damn it!" Another flash appeared next to him.

"Yes Tom, what's wrong? Azel asked worried at the look on Tom's face.

"It's Frilly, that fucking Malamon took her, the bastard that killed hisself by the park today was only a diversion," Tom spit out.

"He will not kill her, he wants information. Well he won't, till he gets what he wants, she is an old being unfortunately, she is strong and will last much longer than most." Azel shook thinking of poor Frilly.

Sighing Tom knew it was his fault he had let himself get distracted Damn it! He should have been able to have felt the other who took her. "Thank you Azel, I

will handle this and soon, if I have to take everyone of his men out I WILL!" Azel backed away for just a brief moment he had felt Tom's power spike high, extremely high. By the gods! It had felt higher than the elder's, Azel was shaking thinking what Malamon could do with that kind of power. Tom had increased that much in less than 2 weeks? Azel quickly called all the elders who appeared within seconds.

"I suggest you don't interfere, I am not the man I was the last time we met." Tom spat out, then wind began to blow, the sky darkened, the elements started storming.

The elders were more than impressed, the eldest stepped forward, "I suggest that..."

A bolt of lighting struck between Tom and the elder causing the elder to jump back.

"Young man we... '" the elder started, with that the elements got wilder forcing the elders to form a shield around themselves.

"I SAID I DO NOT NEED YOU!" Tom shouted surprisingly louder than the tempest.

"I will handle this myself!" with that he vanished within 20 seconds everything was normal.

"The young man has such power I haven't felt anything like that since... ," the eldest said.

"Yes," said Azel," "he has the power like him but can he control it?

Tom was sitting at his dining room table trying to think of a way to rescue Frilly. Damn it! everything he came up with failed, got him or her killed or many magical beings killed. Sighing the only plan he saw that had any chance of working was the original he had come up with in the first place. Lying down he fell asleep within moments, damn it he was so tired he hadn't even noticed that he had pushed his self that

hard. Unfortunately with sleep came dreams even those provided no solice, he hadn't seen the woman with the golden hair all weak. Floating in a mist this dream seemed to be as unrestful as the others. Hearing a sound Tom turned and there she was!

"I have waited to see you all week," Tom said

The woman shook her head yes and looked down almost seeming to be afraid to look at him

"I know you can't speak but can we converse before you disappear again?" Tom asked hoping she would. Again she nodded yes, as Tom gently caressed her face.

Again he felt her pain she felt as if she were imprisoned, she rubbed her face on his hand. Oh god, her skin was so soft, forgetting a moment he started trying to pull the pain from her for a moment maybe 2 seconds he felt her pain slip away. Then she was rapidly moving back from him.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry, I forgot to ask, your pain, your pain is as bad as mine."

Tom apologised watching her hovering nearby, "did I hurt you?"

Smiling she shook her head no, Tom felt a tingling warmth again moving up his feet past his ankles slowly creeping upward.

"Myria, will we ever meet? Tom asked.

She shook her head yes, Tom could feel it now moving up his calves.

"Are you ok? Do you need help? Is that why you came to me?" Tom asked

Myria shook her head no with a finger up, yes with two fingers held up, yes and no holding up three fingers.

"Can you tell me where you are?" Tom was starting to get frustrated.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.