Protection and Preservation, Book 10 - Cover

Protection and Preservation, Book 10

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 19

It didn't take long to get everyone out of the plane and heading for the beach. The three Fords were staying to watch over things. They were setting a tarp between some trees and would be there.

We went down toward the beach and picked areas to sleep at the resort my sister had picked. I saw the beach and headed that way. Upon reaching it, I headed for the water shedding clothes as I went. David was matching me stride for stride. We splashed in and swam out until we could just touch comfortably with the waves. It was wonderful!

We played in the water for a long time before coming out to gather our discarded clothes and lie on the sand. SJ and Jacob joined us. SJ said, "We even have fresh water at the resort. It had a huge cistern that was full. We should be comfortable here." David and I nodded together. George was on the other side of David and looked quite happy.

He stood up and said, "I'm going to wash off and look around our area for a bit, Bobbi." I nodded and he left with his clothes.

SJ watched him leave and said, "After we get back and David serves a few terms, he's going to make a fine director. I'll vote for him."

David grimaced and I nodded. We had our ear buds once we came in from the water. We turned over to tan evenly. Joan came on the radio. "This is Joan. There is a small group of people approaching on the road between the airport and the resort. There's only six or so and they're mixed sex. I still think some back up would be good."

I said, "David and I are on the way." We stood and donned some clothing and headed away from the beach.

George said, "I'm on the way, too, Missus Joan. I'm pretty close." Myra and Tom also checked in as on their way.

We met the Fords on the road and looked up at a wagon being pulled by two men. All of those approaching looked happy and healthy. They were bronzed by the sun and only wearing enough to barely cover vital parts. We quickly realized that most of them were walking and the wagon was loaded with fruit. They came to us and David said, "Greetings. I am David Lewis. With my wife, we lead this expedition to explore the world."

An older man said, "You don't sound like an Aussie or a Kiwi. It's good to see people no matter where you are from. We haven't seen new people almost since the Day."

David said, "We are Americans from the communities of Protection and Preservation. We didn't know anyone was on the island and don't mean to intrude."

An older woman stood next to the man who had spoken. My husband is glad to see someone. We are all who are left alive. We don't really have enough people to make a go of things here as lovely as it is.

"I am May Jones and my husband is Earl. Our daughter is Trina.

"Earl and I were stranded here with our parents by the virus. We met and married. Our parents passed on separately a few years ago. Boats can be dangerous when you don't have good predictors regarding the weather. There is only one native person left. The rest of us are descendants of those marooned here by the virus. We would be friends and ask that you take us with you to a community or at least give out our location so we may be retrieved."

David said, "We have room for any and all. We have been surprised by how few survived the virus." Everyone was smiling to realize that we were friendly and would set them free from the paradisaical prison.

George and Trina had walked to each other and stood facing each other almost nose to nose. In a low musical voice, Trina said, "Bilyana Pindari, I have waited for you to come."

George said, "Alina Pangari, I am here. Will you come with me?"

She said, "Yes, forever and always."

He held out his hand and she took it. They walked toward the beach leaving the rest of us with surprised looks. I watched them walk away. I said, "David, Loorea really scares me as of right now."

He chuckled. He looked at May and Earl Jones who had totally shocked looks on their faces. May said slowly, "When she was born, one of the native ladies said that a man would come for her and they would know each other's names. She was given her name by that woman. She was called Alina Pangari but we use her given name saving that one for special times."

I said, "It appears that this was that time. George was given his name by an Aboriginal woman, Loorea. It was magical then and their meeting is now. It will interesting to watch this play out."

Earl said, "One of my grandmothers was Aboriginal and was said to have foretold that one of her female descendants would leave with a man from the sky. Crikey, this is all too strange for words."

No one said anything as there was really nothing more to say about it.

David said, "Let's talk about you people traveling with us." All of them nodded. We walked down toward the resort to a patio area.

David continued, "Our plan is to return to Australia and then head for America by way of Africa and Europe. We flew into the area from Alaska into Russia but there is no fuel for a return trip that way. It can be risky but we try to be safe. In addition to the plane, we have weapons and radios. Of the two, the radios are more worthwhile. We have been talking to our homes in America and to the Australians where we have friends. We also use different radios for local communications everywhere we land.

"Our beliefs and laws are simple. Don't hurt other people except in self-defense. In relations between the sexes, the age of consent is fifteen and no means no. Rapists get the death penalty and it is quickly carried out. Your daughter is safe with George if she is under fifteen." May and Earl shook their heads. "In that case, George will not do anything if she doesn't consent. We do have marriage and allow multiple partners in a marriage if all agree. Bobbi's parents were originally six. Three survive from defending our people over the years. George's grandparents are a threesome. Bobbi's brother and his wife are George's godparents. We were godparents to his sister who died with her parents in a plane crash. George was the only survivor from the family. His grandfather was the founder and long-time leader of Protection."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.