The Way Back - Cover

The Way Back

Copyright© 2015 by Always Raining

Chapter 23

Mystery Sex Story: Chapter 23 - When Allan Jonsson came out of the coma, he had to start from scratch with a badly battered head and body, beginning with remembering who he was. It was to be a long journey of discovery: reclaiming his previous life and seeking answers to how and why he was nearly murdered.

Caution: This Mystery Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Slow  

The trip went well. The University was in no hurry for our results or the prototype, and we had a firm order for when we'd completed the research and development of the processor. We completed all the discussions on the Wednesday and were able to get an early flight back on the Thursday, after, of course, some intense sexual activity on Wednesday night.

Jenny phoned Geoff and told him of our early arrival, and after extracting my car from the car park we drove to the office. We were almost there when Jenny asked to stop at a newsagent's for a paper. She got back in the car with a grin on her face and we drove on.

As we rounded the corner leading into the business park I was in for a shock. Lined up on both sides of the road and applauding and cheering was the entire workforce of our little company. As we pulled up opposite the office entrance and emerged from the car, we saw Geoff grinning from ear to ear in the doorway and alongside him was Judy. Then a very pretty and very young secretary came forward with a large bouquet of flowers.

"Welcome home to your company Len Jones, or should we say Allan?" She laughed as she presented me with the flowers and kissed me on both cheeks as a camera flashed. I was speechless.

The local press were there, and so were David and Vivienne who had tears streaming down her face. The workforce gathered round and there were cries of "Speech!"

As I just said, I was speechless but not for long. I thanked them all for their welcome and apologised for the subterfuge involving Len Jones but I assumed by now they all knew why.

I added that our workforce was a real team and it really did feel like coming home to them. I finished by telling them if they didn't know already, that we were in the process of expanding plant, and hoped we would be able to increase the bonuses as a result. Loud applause followed and they began to file into the building again. There were smiles all round.

The reporter asked questions about the firm and about our success. Then she moved on to my attack and how long it took to rehabilitate, all questions relatively easy to answer. The final questions were about the arrests; was I pleased about the arrests, and was it true that my ex-wife was living with one of the defendants. I was non-committal about both topics.

We repaired to Geoff''s office for drinks, I was on orange juice because I was driving, but everyone else managed to handle the champagne with panache!

"Didn't see the point of carrying on with the cloak and dagger stuff," said Geoff. "Everyone knew about you anyway! It was the office staff who suggested we welcome you."

I felt gratified.

I noticed Vivienne and Jenny in earnest conversation with occasional glances in my direction, but I was deep in conversation with Geoff over the Austria trip and his efforts to secure the factory next door which had come empty. Vivienne then came over and confirmed that I was coming for dinner the next day, and then I had to get home in time for the children. Once in the house I saw that Ann had brought a pile of her personal stuff but had not yet put things away.

I told the children over dinner that Ann was coming for good the next day, only to be told in my turn that they already knew. I also told them I was visiting David and Vivienne the next evening but hoped to see them on Saturday. Greta said that Ann wanted to talk to me, and I nodded.

Friday was intense. Single parents deserve all the help they can get, I was already frazzled after getting my recalcitrant family off to school, though to her credit Greta helped me in spite of stomach pains as she began her period. I gave her a key and told her to come home if the painkillers were not enough.

Then there was the assessment of our trip and the following planning of the research and development. Then there was the work on the purchase of the lease on the adjoining factory. I was to invest a hefty chunk of my wealth in this and in kitting out the place once we had it.

The hitch was the bank. They suddenly decided that they didn't have enough proof I was who I was, and it took some strong words and the threat of legal action to get agreement to release the funds when we should need them. All stress. All pressure.

In the middle of it all Greta rang to say she needed picking up from college; she was feeling very rough. She had struggled through her exam. I got her home on the way to meet David to pressurise the bank. Then I had to phone Ann to tell her the news. She was abrupt and disconnected before I'd finished talking. Sod her! I thought. Now what had I done?

In all this Jenny was an immense support, constantly reminding me of my next steps, stress affected my short-term memory, and she had to work hard. The day ended late and it was only as we sat back on the sofa in our office that I remembered to ask if Viv. had invited her to the meal.

"She did ask me if I would like to come," she said without a trace of annoyance, "but it was obvious that she didn't want me so I told her I was going to be busy doing my washing and getting things straight for the weekend."

"Oh dear," I sighed. "Another grilling on how wonderful Ann is and how I ought to be with her again. I'm starting to dread these evenings."

"Come on darling," she smiled. "One of her best features is her loyalty, to you and to Ann. You can't blame her for trying."

"Oh I don't blame her," I said without conviction. "I just wish she'd give me a break."

"No chance of that!" she laughed. "It's the price you'll have to pay for her wonderful cooking. Time to go."

It was true: her cooking was Michelin standard.

We collected our briefcases and laptops and made for the door. We both had our hands full and it was Jenny who put her case down and opened the door. Then she did something totally out of character. She grabbed me and pulled down my head for a kiss. It was a long and passionate one and I gave as good as I got.

When we came up for air I stared at her.

"What's that for?" I asked. "We're at work."

"Rules are made to be broken," she said blithely. "I just felt thankful for you, and there's no one to see, I checked before!" and she smiled wickedly.

I shrugged. "No complaint here."

We left for home, she to hers and I to mine.

The evening with David and Viv was very pleasant and the subject of Ann was conspicuous by its absence. However, it loomed. I chatted lightly with them, waiting all the while for the other shoe to drop. I was on my second large malt whisky having arrived by taxi, and was feeling very mellow when the thud came. From Viv, who else?

"Don't you think Jenny's a little young for you, Allan?"

I was struck speechless for a while. The effrontery of the remark floored me.

"Viv," I replied eventually with more patience than I thought I was capable of. "Age has nothing to do with it. She wants me as her lover and I'm happy to oblige."

"So she's just a temporary fling then?"

"Viv," snapped David. "It's nothing to do with you and you're insulting Allan, and Jenny come to that."

"No I'm not!" she reposted. "I'm trying to make him see that his future lies elsewhere."

There was another silence during which David looked progressively more uncomfortable and Viv progressively more expectant. I felt a frisson of annoyance.

"Listen Viv, what happens between Jenny and me is our affair and no one else's. You and David are good friends, and that is why I am dignifying your comments with an answer, but I warn you, you're pushing it."

"Allan," she flustered, "I didn't mean–"

"I know you didn't. You're trying to make everything right as you see it. I don't see it your way. You're trying to steer me to Ann. I've told you the problems I have with her. If it helps, I think we're going to talk tomorrow night."

"But surely, what you've done for her, giving her the house back, shows you still love her!"

I shook my head, "No, Viv, it doesn't."

She opened her mouth in surprise but I was too quick for her.

"I told you before, I don't 'still' love her because I have no memory of loving her before."

Now that was a fib; I did now remember parts of our life together.

I continued. "I accept what you all say, that I did once, but the fact remains that though I have memories of her and me before, I don't have the feeling that we've always been in love.

"I offered her the house for the children's sake. They hated living with Derek and I'm sure you're aware she's decided to leave him and she needs somewhere to live with the children. It was the obvious solution to the problem. I'm living at the flat from this weekend."

"Oh," she sounded flat. "I thought–"

"It really would be better if you didn't, and as far as Jenny is concerned there's a lot you don't know about her. She needs me at the moment. Who knows? She might find someone else. Then you can start matchmaking again."

David and I both laughed, and Viv looked embarrassed.

"By the way," I added, hoping for her further discomfiture, "were you warning off Jenny from coming with me tonight?"

"Of course not! I simply wanted to know if she was coming so as to know who to expect."

"Oh yes, dear," laughed David. "You were telling her you wanted a word with Allan!"

"Well I might have," she reddened.

"Don't worry," I soothed her. "I know you're intentions are purely for my welfare."

"You do know Ann still loves you don't you?" asserted Viv, unwilling to give up. "I told you; as soon as she knew who you were she would still love you." She ploughed on. "She feels dreadful about not looking harder for you. She simply left it to Derek. He was so good, taking the strain for her; she was a real mess."

"He was so good!" shouted David derisively. "He organised Allan's murder!"

"Well, she didn't know that. Anyway, she still can't believe he would do such a thing. Don't forget she knows him very well."

She stopped, realising what she had said.

"Exactly Viv," I broke in. "She still believes him over me. Not a good basis for our reunion, is it? Makes me wonder how well they 'knew' one another before I disappeared."

"Nonsense Allan," she expostulated. "She always loved you first."

Once again she realised what she had said.

"And him second, behind my back? Viv, when you get in a hole, stop digging! Or do you know more than you're saying?"

"You don't really believe Ann was unfaithful, do you?" She was becoming uneasy at the direction of my thoughts.

"I don't know what to believe. I don't know what was going on before I disappeared. She admitted that she told Derek I was going to York. I'd like to know when she was with him to tell him that. Certainly not with me!"

Now this was unfair. The whole factory knew I was going to York, so whether Ann told Derek about it was irrelevant. However, It didn't hurt to discomfit Viv.

There was a horrified silence. On my part I was trying to make sense of what I'd said. Was that a suspicion lurking there in my subconscious? Now it was out in the open. Was I appalled at my suspicion? No. I just didn't know. But it was clear that Ann and Derek had met to talk or perhaps more? Oh dear!

David broke the silence.

"Allan," he said quietly "I think Ann and Derek having an affair is unlikely. Don't forget it was only after he forged that letter that she started living with him."

"Yes, but I suspect there was more than just friendship between them before she moved in. I think he was working on her for a long time before that, and I've no way of knowing how close they were, how much she allowed, and how soon."

That ended the exchange. I had the impression Viv felt guilty and wished she'd never started it which gratified me a little.

The conversation had put a damper on the evening and I left soon after, wondering if my relationship with the couple had been damaged.

On the way I thought again about my comment. It had niggled me knowing that Ann and Derek had been talking about me before I went away. I didn't know whether I was in on the conversations.

And Viv's response: silence. Did she know more than she was saying? She'd be hardly likely to tell David who would have immediately have told me. I arrived at the flat and my musings were cut short.

I phoned when I reached the flat, to be assured that we'd had worse 'discussions' before and no harm was done. As I replaced the handset, the loo flushed and Jenny emerged.

"Sorry, Allan," she looked uncomfortable. "I'm going to see my parents tomorrow and a friend's birthday bash on Sunday. So I need you tonight."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.