Bonded and Bred - Cover

Bonded and Bred

Copyright© 2015 by angie65

Chapter 16

Fantasy Story: Chapter 16 - A shape shifter story

Caution: This Fantasy Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Were animal  

It was a busy week, they seemed to have a sudden influx of interested clients, and James worked steadfastly; drawing up plans and designs, in between meeting with people, to discuss and exchange ideas, and update his clients on his progress, making adjustments as they saw their dreams coming to light, and had second thoughts, or different ideas.

Iris was kept busy too, as she typed up reports, and sourced materials, she made sure that James had everything he might need to complete his designs, and she kept track of his materials, reordering things a second before he would get low.

She also read through all of the projects on his desk, and made a note of any potential needs.

"Iris, I am going to need some variations on red brick work, I will need patterns compositions and prices," James said as he walked out of his office and into her little room, on the Thursday afternoon. He was carrying his mug with him, and Iris realised that it had been a while since she had had a drink, and she was feeling quite dry in the mouth.

"Is this for the Billing's home, project?" she asked as she stopped typing and turned to look at him.

"Yes, that's right."

She turned back to her desk and opened a drawer, to pull out a small folder.

"These are what I have found so far," she told him holding it up to him.

He looked surprised for a moment; as he flipped open the cover, to read the top sheet. There were small thumb print images, along with a brief description of size composition and pricing.

He grinned across at her, and his brown eyes twinkled. "Perfect ... what would I do without you?"

Iris couldn't help but smile back, it had been a busy week, hectic almost, but not once had he looked stressed, nor had he snapped at her, as he worked doggedly on to complete his projects.

"What are you doing now?" he asked almost lazily.

"Oh, I am just finishing the report for the Jacob's rebuild assignment – a quick summary and then it will be ready for you to look over and sign."

"Great, I'll make us a drink, then; and then we can sit down and go over it, and discuss what is happening tomorrow ... I think that I have two meetings?"

She nodded her head, and reached for her diary.

"Wait," he held up his hand. "Finish that report, and get it printing, and I will make us a drink."

"Very well, James."

As she turned to start typing again James picked up her mug and left her to it for a bit.

She had saved her document and sent it to the printer, and was arching her back, when James came back with the two hot beverages.

"So where are we at?" he asked as he placed the two mugs on her desk.

"The report is being printed off now," she stood up as she spoke, and walked across to the active printer, where she scooped up the printed papers. "There you are." Iris waited for the printer to grow silent, and then handed him the finished report.

James sat flicking through the pages, and placing each checked sheet face down on her desk.

Finally he nodded. "Yes that is all in order. Can you bind it and get it sent off in today's post please, Iris."

"Yes, of course." she nodded as she picked up her mug, and took a cautious sip. It was still a little too hot, and so she put it back down on its coaster.

"So what have we got happening tomorrow?"

She pulled the diary to her, and opened it up.

"You have an appointment at ten in the morning, Mr Potts; he wants to build a new home, for his son and his son's young family."

"That's very nice of him," James murmured as he glanced over her shoulder, he frowned as he looked at the afternoon appointment. "R T Beaumont Property and Development ... isn't that your aunts company?"

"Yes," Iris nodded awkwardly. "She popped in the other day, wanting to talk with you – about a venture she is planning to do..."

"So it is business that she is coming in for?" he asked a little worriedly.

"Yes, of course..." She hesitated for a moment. "I am hoping that you won't have a problem doing business with a female of our race?" she asked anxiously.

"What? No of course not! I do not hold with those old fashioned out dated ideas, any more than you do, Iris!"

"Good!" she said her tone full of relief.

James grinned at her, as he sat back in his chair and sipped at his own drink. "So are we all set to leave for my place tomorrow night? If you bring a bag in with you, we can leave straight from work?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.