Bonded and Bred - Cover

Bonded and Bred

Copyright© 2015 by angie65

Chapter 3

Fantasy Story: Chapter 3 - A shape shifter story

Caution: This Fantasy Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Were animal  

The week rolled on, and at each lunch time, Iris left her desk at twelve o'clock and skipped off to her lunch – almost as though she was going to meet someone.

James found himself wondering where she went off to, and who she met – because it was obvious to him that she was meeting someone. Had seen how her phone beeped at her, at bang on quarter to twelve every day, and her little smile as she looked at it and then sent a quick message back.

He wanted to ask – was keen to know, but could not see how to break down the wall that existed between them; the employer – employee barrier.

"You can finish at twelve tomorrow – if you want?" he told her on the Thursday afternoon. "I shall be finishing myself, and so I see no reason for you to hang around."

Iris beamed up at him. "Oh that would be very nice," she blurted in surprise. "I planned to go home for the weekend, with my sister – we were going to catch the train together in the evening, but now we could go in the afternoon instead, before the rush hour. We can get home early and start the weekend early ... I could make some scones..." She was rambling she realised suddenly and her mouth snapped shut as the colour flooded her cheeks.

James stood there fascinated, as her professional veneer slipped and he caught a glimpse of the woman behind the mask.

"Yes, well ... as I said before, that's fine by me," he muttered as she looked at him uncomfortably for a moment – obviously waiting for him to say something. "I'll leave you to get on then ... I have a couple of calls to make..."

He headed back into his office and for the first time this week, he closed the door on her.

Iris folded her arms on her desk and put her head down on them with a little groan.

Dear God, what had possessed her to go on like that?

His closed door told her in no uncertain terms what he had thought of her chattering. He was probably regretting letting her have the afternoon off now – or even worse was reconsidering her employment with him!

James had wanted to get behind her guard, had wanted to develop something a little friendlier – to get to know her a little better, but that one glimpse had him running scared.

The woman was just too fascinating – too distracting for his peace of mind.

He dropped down into his chair, and snatched up the telephone.

It was only as he lifted his hand to punch in a number that he realised that he didn't even know who he was calling.

He gave a little grunt of annoyance and then began thumping the keys.

The light feminine voice, which answered the telephone, eased some of his tension.

"Hi, it's me ... I was wondering if you were free tonight?"

He smiled at her response. "Seven o'clock ... I'll take you out for dinner ... yes both of you ... okay six o'clock then? Okay love you too ... bye."

The idea of spending a little time with his sister and his nephew melted away his bad humour and he settled down to do some work.

An hour later he strode back across the room and pulled open the door again.

Iris was thumping her own keyboard, typing up the reports that he had dictated to her that morning.

She stopped as he strode out of his office and looked at him apprehensively for a moment.

"I was just about to make a coffee," he said gruffly – why did she look so worried? "Can I get one for you while I'm at it?"

She leapt to her feet. "I'll make it ... it's no trouble!"

"Don't be foolish, you are busy with those reports ... whereas I'm not – and it's me who wants one after all."

He leaned past her to pick up her mug, which of course was an idiotic thing to do since he brought them into such close proximity – too close.

His shoulder brushed against the curve of her breast, and it seemed like she froze.

James pulled back immediately and was all ready to apologise for invading her personal space, but then he saw the look on her face.

Her green eyes had darkened, and her lips seemed to have become fuller as her mouth opened almost invitingly.

James could feel the heat that was emanating from her, he could smell her heat, and he could taste her, he was so close.

She was invading his senses with her presence; he realised, and he stepped back in panic.

"I'll just make that drink," he muttered as he strode from the office.

For the second time that day, Iris sank down at her desk and buried her head in her arms with a groan.

It was awkward between them, for the rest of that day; and Iris left the office and headed home with a great sense of relief and no small sense of dread for the morning.

She really did not want to have to start looking for another job yet!

All of that melted away though, when she got back to her flat, and the first thing that she did was to phone her sister.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.