Bonded and Bred - Cover

Bonded and Bred

Copyright© 2015 by angie65

Chapter 1

Fantasy Story: Chapter 1 - A shape shifter story

Caution: This Fantasy Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Were animal  

Iris walked into the office on the Monday morning – determined to make a good impression on this her first day at her new job, with Atherton's Architectural Services.

She had attended the interview for personal assistant just over a week ago, and her predecessor, had been the one to conduct the interview.

"Mr Atherton is away on business at the moment," that lady – Cynthia had smiled. "And since I know exactly what his needs are in his personal assistant, then he trusted me to find my replacement."

As Iris sat down she studied the other woman discretely, and compared herself to her.

They were both of a similar height at about five feet and a bit.

They both had a similar hair colouring and style, although Iris's slightly thicker and a slightly richer auburn was striking, even if it was only marginal.

Cynthia had warm brown eyes, whereas Iris's were a clear green, but she decided that that couldn't be held against her.

"I see that your shorthand and typing speed is very impressive," Cynthia murmured as she studied Iris's curriculum vitae.

She glanced across at her. "Why did you leave your last employment – again?" she asked casually.

Iris tugged her fitted black skirt over her knees.

"I was just ready for a change – I think," she murmured guardedly.

"Well you do have an excellent reference from Mr Godford; he seemed very regretful that you were leaving."

Iris smiled for the first time, and her green eyes softened as she thought of her ex boss.

"Mr Godford is a very good man, and he was a very considerate employer," she said softly.

Cynthia's gaze fixed on her for a moment longer. When Iris smiled like that – her whole face lit up, and she seemed to come alive for a moment.

She was not sure if Mr Atherton would appreciate that sort of distraction in his new PA.

She gave herself a mental shake, this young woman was the closest thing to a competent replacement that she had come across in the short time that she'd had to find someone.

She simply had to leave a week on Friday and she could only do that in good conscience, if there was someone suitable waiting to take over on the Monday.

She finished reading the curriculum vitae and then the reference, before looking back at Iris. "Well, Miss Beaumont, everything seems to be in order here, so why don't I tell you a little bit more about the job?"

Iris smiled a smile of relief that she seemed to be doing okay with this interview, it had been a little bit sticky there for a moment – over her reasons for leaving her last job.

Iris was so not comfortable about what had happened there; felt that it had somehow been her fault.

Mr Pranning must have gotten the wrong impression, she must have unknowingly given him the idea that she was flirting with him, that she would have welcomed – those kinds of attentions from him...

"Thank you, that would be – useful," she said to the other woman now.

The job in itself was fairly straightforward, and most certainly well within Iris's capabilities, and so having spent the rest of the day shadowing Cynthia and then taking over the role, whilst the other woman observed, she was not terribly surprised when at the end of the day Cynthia smiled at her in a pleased sort of fashion.

"Well that all went down very well," Cynthia declared happily. "And I have to say, Iris; that I think that you will fit in admirably with Mr Atherton's needs."

Iris sucked in a breath. "Does that mean... ?" she whispered hesitantly.

Cynthia's smile widened into a full on grin. "Yep! The job is yours ... if you still want it?"

Iris blinked those fabulous green eyes of hers, and her whole body just radiated pleasure.

Once again Cynthia had a moment of doubt.

"Yes ... oh yes please!" Iris said happily.

Cynthia gave a little sigh of relief and she determinedly dismissed her nagging doubts.

No one else had even come close to the high standards that Mr Atherton demanded of his Personal Assistant.

"Excellent!" she declared now. "I will arrange for Mr Atherton to send you an official letter of employment, and then you should be good to start the Monday after this one – we tend to open up shop at nine in the morning," Iris opened her mouth as though to argue, and Cynthia held up her hand to indicate she had not finished talking yet. "Without me to overshadow you," she finished firmly

"What? Oh but..."

Cynthia eyed her encouragingly. "I am to finish a week this Friday ... and really it is better if we don't overlap,"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.