Ginger - Cover

Ginger

Copyright© 2015 by happyhugo

Chapter 6

In the evening I ordered in pizza and watched a movie on television. It was a western. One of Louis L Amour's stories. I could lose myself by watching something so far removed from the problems of the day. My life had smoothed out, but there were all of these outside forces intruding.

One thing though, I didn't mind Ginger intruding on me and she was no real problem. I was thinking about the Lopez family and how I was connected to them in my work. Looking farther down the road, this was my first project and after that I anticipated hundreds of projects in my lifetime. I didn't see where I was going to be tied to the Lopez family very much in the future.

I called Ginger during the first TV commercial and explained how I had taken Maria home to her grandmother. Also I related what had transpired when the Deputy Sheriff had arrived with Maria's handbag. Our conversation ended and I found I hadn't missed much of the movie.

At nine the phone rang again. Lenora started right in with a question, "Peter, why do you want Maria to go with you to Minneapolis to meet this Ginger of yours?"

"Senora, I'm going to say some things you may not like. This is about Maria and the way she has been raised. She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and has been sheltered all of her life. I have called her stupid, but I don't think she is really. She has done some stupid things, but that is because she is so trusting and doesn't know what real life is about beyond the family."

"She dates. We let her go out to dances and things."

"Yes you let her go out, but with whom? You mentioned she had a crush on her cousin. Her cousin certainly isn't going to grope her breasts or try to get her panties off. That was the trouble last night. Someone did and she didn't know how to deal with it. She wants to try her wings and fly a little.

"That is why I believe Ginger would be a good person to hang around with for a short period of time. Ginger could at least tell Maria where the danger lies. Ginger has had a rough time with living in a broken home with little affection. When I met her she had very little self esteem left. She learned that if she had any kind of affection even for a short time, she had to give up something for it.

"At that point in her life she was supposed to give up more than she wanted to. This was the night I met her so she rebelled and it was almost her undoing. If the police had found her, she would have had a record of sorts. Her mother probably would have disowned her and her father wasn't able to care for her. I shudder to thing of where she would be at this point now six months later."

"That is only the length of time you have known her?"

"That's right. The payment I have received for helping her is that she has lost almost thirty pounds and has turned herself into a beautiful woman. Mom took over because I asked her to and has also encouraged her. This should have been her parent's responsibility. Her life sucked, but through Mom's and my intervention she has a good life now. Also she found a book on how to act with class. I have to believe she will take much of it to heart."

"Maria has a good life. We have given it to her."

"Yes, but the world out there is much different than the one you grew up in. It is filled with hazards much more terrible than yours and Maria needs to be warned. My suggestion is for Maria to travel with me and have Ginger explain what the real world is before she gets hurt worse than the time she had last night."

"Okay, I agree with what you say, Peter, and I suppose I trust you. I would like to be certain of her safety. Fernando has to go into the home office of your firm sometime this winter. He will pay round trip plane fare for all. The only catch is that you might have to work a few hours the week you are on vacation. Would you agree to those arrangements? I would also expect that Maria will see her uncle every day."

"Sure, I wasn't going to hang out with the two girls that much. I want to stick close to my mother as much as I can. I trust Ginger to keep Maria out of trouble. She is extremely street smart."

"Okay, consider this arranged." I immediately called Ginger when Lenora hung up.


Maria didn't get to travel to Minneapolis with me the week planned. Roberta's brother-in-law, George Whitmore, died during the previous week and she wanted me to attend the funeral. That was the only way that my mother would attend. Roberta really put the pressure on both of us and now that Roberta had been folded back into the family she insisted.

It worked out fine and I took an extra three working days off so I could attend on Thursday. I had Fernando to speak for me as he said I would work on his project at the firm's headquarters during the week of the school vacation. I surmised that I could see Lenora's hand in first talking to Fernando who in turn arranged it with my bosses. Lenora wanted to have Maria bond with Ginger and learn how rough the world treated a young woman who made poor choices.

I reached Minneapolis early on a Wednesday morning. Mom was glad to see me. Ginger, she almost knocked me over when she came into my arms. The kiss I received was about the hottest one I had ever received. Mom was smiling and then she sobered. "Peter, Roberta will be here this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I want to talk to you before she gets here. This is about me. I've met a man and he has asked me to marry him. I've been without someone to love me for nearly thirteen years. What I'm saying is that I have accepted his proposal."

"You're really asking for my permission aren't you?"

"Yes, I guess I am."

I turned to Ginger, "Is this guy a good man and will he make Mom happy?"

"I believe he will. I like him a lot. He is a widower and kind of quiet. He works every day and he doesn't drink. Also he dotes on Harriet."

"That's good enough for me. When is the wedding?"

"I think maybe during the school vacation in the spring. Ginger will stand up with me as my maid of honor. I'm hoping you can attend at that time.

"I'll be there for you, Mom. Now tell me about this funeral of Whitmore's? Where is it held and is it going to be a big one?"

"It will be large. A lot of the teachers will be there and some of his former students. I doubt there will be any of his persuasion in attendance. He never came out of the closet to anyone that Robin is aware of. Robin and Roberta are his only relatives. Amy, too of course.

"I was surprised at how insistent Roberta was that you and I attend, but she has been. She'll be here before noon tomorrow and we will go over to the funeral parlor with her while Robin attends to details. He said he also needs to see his brother's attorney as there are some things that need to be addressed. Robin is the administrator of the estate."

Ginger had to go to school. I hated to see her leave. I wanted to hold her in my arms. Hell, I wanted to make love to her. My plan had been to wait until she finished high school and then college before declaring my self. I smiled, thinking the way she was acting she wasn't going to wait that long. She would be the one declaring that there was no need to wait for so long.

I talked to Mom before Roberta, Amy and Robin arrived at 11:30 Thursday. Mom told me all about this man of hers. His wife had been sick for a couple of years before dying three years ago. "Peter, Tony has stayed over here a few nights. I know I haven't known him long, and I never believed in love at first sight, but now I'm just so comfortable being around him. Maybe it is because he deals with the public all the time. He works in a home store. He has a salaried position running the heating department with six clerks under his management.

"You'll meet him this evening and he is taking us all out to dinner. He thought for a long time that Ginger was my daughter and they get along famously. I think you will too." I could tell she wanted to say something more. "Peter, Tony is nothing like your father. Ginger said Tony was quiet, but that doesn't mean he is shy or retiring. I think I'm going to be so happy with him. I have no doubts at all."

"That's great Mom. There is something I want to ask you about Ginger. Do you think it is too early for us to start a relationship? I know she won't be eighteen until July and by that time I will be twenty-three. I was going to wait until she completed her schooling, but that's going to be a possible five years from now. I'll be almost twenty-eight then. That's not to say I'm going to keep her barefoot and pregnant either. It just means she will be a married student going to school."

"Peter, I think she will be ready for marriage when she finishes high school this spring. She really is a mature individual. Of course you will have to speak to Randy, her father. He may have other plans for Ginger. You may see him at the funeral tomorrow. He and Wendy are such close friends of Robin they will come up for the funeral. You could talk to him then. Are you going to say anything to Ginger before you do?"

"No, because if he doesn't agree with me, Ginger might not see it the way he does. I wouldn't want to cause trouble between him and Ginger."

Mom looked at me. "That's smart thinking Peter. This isn't just lust for her is it? You do have feelings beyond that don't you? Why, I ask is because I helped with the picture she sent you. She had trouble managing the camera when she was trying to get the reflection of herself in a picture. She finally came to me and asked me to take it for her. It came out wonderfully well and any red blooded male would love to take her to bed."

"I know, and she is beautiful. The picture didn't influence me so much. I think I came to love her soon after I met her. It is nice she has turned into a swan, but it doesn't matter. Mom, seriously, do you think Ginger and I make a good match?"

"Peter, I think you two are a perfect match. I love you both very much. You, because you stood with me when I lost your father, and later when we lost your sister. Ginger, well she needed a stable influence, something she wasn't getting at home and she didn't really have a home. At first you stepped in and were an older brother and now I honestly think you should be her lover. She is ready and you certainly are."

"Thanks Mom, you're the best." Just then Roberta pulled into the driveway.

Mom and I barely knew the deceased and certainly we were not sad that he had died. The best we could do was in not saying anything against George Whitmore. That was only because it would have hurt Roberta and Robin.

Robin extended his hand as he came in. "Hi Pete, I'm glad you were able to make it. It is good to see you."

"Thanks Robin, Roberta said I should be here. I also knew Mom would want me with her."

"Yes, I know you didn't have any affection for my brother, but he did do a lot for Roberta. She is here to support me and you and Harriet are here to support her."

"Good enough. It gives me a chance to see you all again. It is good to be home for a few days as well."

Roberta came back from taking her bags upstairs, putting them into my old room. I would be bringing the blow-up mattress into the living room for me to sleep on. She came to me and I received a warm hug. Amy was shy again, but it didn't take long to get back to where she remembered that we had fun together a few months ago.

We had lunch and then got ready to go over to the funeral parlor. Robin and Roberta picked out a marble container for the ashes. The body itself had already been cremated. There would be an after-funeral get together at a local restaurant. One that George had frequented. This was to be held soon after the service.

Robin asked for the use of a small conference room that he and the attorney could use immediately following the service while the people were going over to the restaurant. He informed Mother and me that we should be there. There were to be three others with us. These were people we didn't know and nine in all including Amy.

We were not long at the funeral parlor today. Roberta came home with me and Mom while Robin went to converse with the lawyer. Mom couldn't see the sense of us being included in all of this.

Roberta answered, "George asked that you and Pete be there when the arrangements were made. Robin is just following his wishes. I'm sure there is a reason and I believe it must have something to do with what the attorney will be saying to all of us after the ceremony. I don't think Robin knows for sure what that will be yet." I shrugged, knowing I would find out tomorrow.

Ginger got home from school about an hour after we returned from the funeral parlor. "Come on up to my room while I change." I followed along with her. We walked in. "Close the door, if you would. Now kiss me. Kiss me as if you loved me."

I looked at her before taking her into my arms. "Funny you should say that. Ginger I do love you." This was one hot kiss and finally we broke apart

"I knew it. Pete, I do believe we are made for each other. Sit on the end of the bed while I change."

Ginger never hesitated and started disrobing. Her blouse came off and then her skirt. She looked at me with a quirky smile. Then she reached her arms behind her and unsnapped her bra. "You can look, but you can't touch."

"Okay. You're teasing me, but I'm fine with that for the present. Someday though..." I didn't finish as her breasts came into view. Ginger's face was bright red. Nonchalantly she stripped her panties off and went to her bureau. Her backside was facing me and it wiggled delightfully.

She found a new pair of panties and turned and pulled them on. "Pete I wanted you to see all of me and what I look like. I was going to show you everything in the picture I sent you, but I needed Harriet to manage the camera so I didn't dare. She would think I was awful."

"She might not think you are as awful as you think. We talked about you this morning. She says you love me and I shared I love you too. If your father comes up tomorrow, I'm asking him if he is going to object if we start a relationship. I want you in my life. It will have to be a long distance one until you get out of high school and maybe some after that. Someday though, I want you to be there when I come home every night."

"Would you seal that with a kiss?" Ginger ran and landed on me, tipping me onto the bed. She was in her bottom underwear, but I found a lot of places to kiss. Finally she said, "Enough, I can't take anymore. That is the first loving I have had since I met you. You know I would have let you do this and more that first night, but I'm glad I didn't."

"I know. That would have been just sex. Love should always come first. We will get to the sex most anytime now."

"I hope it will be soon."

Just then there was a knock on the door. "Pete, are you in there?"

"Yes I am, Roberta. One second and you can come in." Ginger had got into her bra while I was speaking and had pulled on a pair of jeans. She was just pulling a tee shirt over her head as I opened the door.

"Pete, you shouldn't be in here alone with Ginger."

"Roberta, I invited him. I wanted to show him something."

"What?"

"Me."

"Did he touch you?"

"Of course. Not all over, but enough. You should know that he is going to ask Dad if we can start a relationship. I offered myself to him once and he turned me down finishing it up with a lecture. I loved him for that. He has come to love me as well. I'm hoping someday we will be married."

"Pete, is that the plan? Ginger is young."

"I know she is and I was going to wait a few years before asking her to even join me in a relationship. I haven't seen her for almost three months and there isn't a day when I haven't thought of her. She will be through school soon and I'm willing and she is willing. If her father is agreeable we might make a happy life together."

"What if he isn't agreeable?"

"We'll have to wait awhile then. We are both young. While you are here, ask Mom about Ginger. She knows her better than I do even. She has done a world of good for our mother."

"Hey guys, you're talking about me."

"You notice it is all good though."

"I know." Ginger came and put her arm around me. It was only natural for me to lean down and kiss her. Nothing passionate, just a kiss to show affection.

"Pete, Amy was looking for you. Would you entertain her while we women folk get dinner? Robin just came in. He isn't saying anything, not even to me, but he looks elated about something." Robin was quiet during the evening. He seemed to be watching me and Mom continually.

We were just finishing dinner when Wendy called telling us that they were in town for the night staying in a motel and would be leaving right after the funeral tomorrow. The twins weren't with them. I was sorry to hear this as I wanted to see Ginger's brothers. Mom and Roberta told Ginger and me to go visit with them for a little while.

This would be my chance to talk to Randy about my plans for Ginger. I was anxious as anyone would be about broaching a serious relationship to the father of your girl friend. We made small talk for awhile and I didn't know how to open up the conversation. "Pete, you're nervous tonight. Is something bothering you?"

"As a matter of fact there is. Randy, how would you feel about me dating Ginger? I mean having a serious relationship with her."

"You're rushing things aren't you? She is still in school."

"I know she is. We really haven't talked about the future, but I want her to finish school here and then I'd like to ask her to become my wife. As you know I have just started working as an architect and I'm just as excited about my chosen profession now as when I was first hired. Right now I am working in an office, but there will be times when I'm out doing research and talking with clients. I enjoy all phases of my job."

I had said everything in a rush wanting to get it out. Randy smiled at me. "You must have some idea about the future even though you haven't discussed it with anyone."

"I have. I would like to have Ginger further her education. I think I can afford to swing the tuition if she doesn't choose too expensive of a school. I would like to see her learn something so if anything happens to me she would have a backup source of income. Right now I'm living out of a motel and that sucks although it does have a kitchenette in it so I do cook many of my meals.

"I had a relationship with another woman for more than two years while I was in college so I know it can work. Ginger is going to have to make some changes in her life. I'm talking about where she will be living. My mother is going to be getting married soon. I don't know as you have room for her to live with you and she hasn't said if she wants to."

"I didn't know about your mother. I knew she had been dating." I laughed as I said I didn't even know that much until today. Randy got serious now, "Pete, how about your student loans? You must still owe a lot."

"Not that much. I've received some bonuses so all of those and one quarter of my salary is going to paying it down. I was on an eight year payment plan and I have half of it paid off already. I can refinance if I have to. To be honest I didn't think I would get involved with another woman this soon after leaving college. Then I parked one night on a side street because I was weary from driving and this angel knocked on my window."

"More like a fallen angel."

"Dad, maybe I was at the time, but I changed."

"Yes you did sweetheart. So how are you going to work this? Are you moving back here to be with her?"

"No, I'm set for the next two years where I am. Fernando Lopez wants me to stick right with his project and the construction will take two years. He will be in town next week. His niece and Ginger are friends since Ginger saved her life so they are spending the week together. I have to work three days, but I will be with them evenings."

"Ginger, what did Pete mean when he says you saved this girls life?" There was a lengthy explanation of what went on the night Maria had trouble. It ended when Randy said, "You two do make team." We laughed for that was what we had said about ourselves.

Wendy, who hadn't said anything asked, "Ginger, you have said little about Pete's proposal. How to you feel about this? He isn't rushing you is he. Don't be afraid to speak up."

"Wendy, I've been ready to marry Pete ever since he came back from England. I haven't pushed him but I have been hoping, knowing I wasn't ready. I think I am now. I've been reading how to act proper in all situations to become more mature for my sexy older man. Lately I have made more of my feelings known and he is very receptive. Can you think of a better person for me?"

"How far are you into this relationship? I mean have you been together sexually?"

"God, no, we haven't seen each other that much. The first time we are alone we will. I was hoping it would be this week sometime, but I don't see any chance of it."

"That's rough. Your chance will come and it will be all the sweeter. Your father and I had a terrible time trying to find a place to get together."

"Thanks Wendy. You're a great Mom to me."

Randy asked Ginger if she ever hears from her mother. "Hardly ever. We don't have anything to talk about. She can't understand how I could leave her and go live with another person unrelated to me and be so happy. I am going to write and tell her that I have found someone I hope to marry. She very seldom mentions you dad, and never asks about the twins."

"I guess she is out of our lives for good then."

"I guess. She hesitated before she spoke again. "So are you okay with Pete and me having a relationship?"

"Yes we are. I thought it was understood."

"Would you do me a favor by going over to Harriet's and sleeping in my bedroom? I would like to stay here."

"That would mean Pete is staying with you."

"Yes, that's a given."

"I would like to see how Robin is taking the death of his brother. I guess Wendy and I could do that. We'll see you at breakfast then. We were invited anyway."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.