Earth's Core - Cover

Earth's Core

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

Chapter 38: Making A decision

“If back then I discarded the idea of associating dark attribute energy with the sixth and seventh stage, then perhaps today, after following big brother Raroen’s footsteps, I would have uncovered the true lineage of kinetic energy and Kinetic Force”. Zax momentarily lamented, as he really appreciated kinetic energy and was very much curious to figure if it is an independent force or ultimately birthed from the worldly attributes as a specific one’s Nature or Property.

Zetsa sighed. Her proficiency in Kinetic Force was lower than Zax’s, mainly because she had more than solely that to rely on. On the other hand, to cultivate her Master’s bodily refinement technique, she had to dedicate long training sessions on improving her familiarity and control on Kinetic Energy, which consequently taught her its enhancing values.

“But eventually it would not have made you as strong as you are when utilizing dark attribute energy”. She consoled. “Not as quickly, at least, and it’s not like rushing comprehension and understanding of an attribute done anyone bad...”

“I know, which brings me to the next point. Shifting from the path of kinetic energy to attribute energy was easy to me, but only because I already possessed dark attribute energy in me, and more importantly, absorbed God made dark attribute’s essence. If I had taken the customary route of quietly meditating and cultivating in order to elevate my path to attribute energy, I would have probably been encountering a similar blockade to that of big brother Raroen’s and the one I’m facing now”.

“Wait, please, younger brother Zax”, a flash of insight shone in Grerown’s eyes and made him agitated. “Let’s recap. I admit, I’m not the least bit of versed in kinetic energy, much less can comprehend the capacity of which you or my dear could handle it, but ... the way you phrase yourself, forsaking a safe and long path of kinetic energy for attribute energy, forsaking your current path for something new and unknown...” Grerown restrained the stutter but his tone was aggrieved, envious to the point cynicism. “We agreed to stop the jokes, so please don’t kid with us. Should you forsake attribute energy, a path it is said is prerequisite to Immortality, what do you expect to find?”

Grerown addressed Zax as he would a blood related brother, and he acknowledged his inferiority in terms of talent to the many prodigies from Kingdom Earth, including his wife, but Zax’s assumption were bordering blasphemy in the circle of cultivators who struggle and constantly failed to perceive a hint of the worldly attribute. They were akin to a mocking slap in the face. Now, if he did not care about Zax, Grerown would have scorned and letting destroy his Martial path, but since he already accepted him as family, he only became more furious by his irresponsible words.

“You can’t do it!” Zetsa rebuked. “Put aside Immortality, isn’t it attribute energy that is the main source of your, as well as every Martial Mortal, power? How strong will you be by solely using your body? Don’t forget that Master had not yet completed the second stage of Three Stages Of Hyper Physique and it’s not an exaggeration to assume that another century will pass before he will attain any accomplishment regarding the third stage! In contrast, attribute energy is not something to wait for in order to be taught. The world provides it. It’s already there to meditate about and understand. And you ... with your extreme talent and vast achievement in the worldly dark attribute energy, lack nothing but time before ascending to new heights, again and again and again. I get what you mean when comparing the transition from kinetic energy, but unlike attribute energy, it is not a publically acknowledged set path, at least you don’t have the means to verify, just a gut feeling. So even if in the past you made a similar choice, the variables today are different!”

Letting them both say their piece, Zax paused further discussions for a minute so they will calm down. Gradually, their strained expression eased up and they seemed to be ready to listen. He took turn to build up the atmosphere, so his next words will sink in instead of being refuted the instant they will be heard. His own expression turned from attentive to assertive and he opened.

“Do you both think I’m not aware of that? I might be relinquishing my future, should it turn out being the wrong decision. Therefore, please note that I haven’t done anything yet and am here talking, considering perspectives for the sake of conviction”. He placed his palm above his hand and black radiance emerged, shattering Grerown’s privacy formation and forming a new and superior one. “There is nobody who knows better than I what at stake. Priceless treasures were spent and fortuitous chances were experienced for me to have my current understanding. No matter how talented I am, on my own I’m well aware where would I had been without them”. He said sternly.

“Then, if this is how you respond to our opinion, why did you come here? Did you want our blessings in this ridiculous venture or honesty?” Grerown said.

“Neither”. Zax shook his head and resumed his attention on his big sister. “I want your impression of the breakthrough you had during Jing Jing’s birth, big sis”.

“Mine?” Zetsa frowned. She now figured here brother’s intentions and felt sore that he put her on the pedestal, along Raroen, to entertain his crazy idea. Whatever she might say could determine Zax’s future and if he will catch up on a lie, the outcome perhaps will be even more deviating.

“You know what I’m asking”. Zax also creased his brows. At the time the decision in front of her might have been clearer than his and Raroen’s, but it was a step to an unknown frontier for her and a sacrifice of all that she, under the guidance of her Master, invested on.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.