Earth's Core
Chapter 32: Huland’s Request

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

It had taken longer than the initial schedule to reach their destination. The cause of it was Zax’s decision to accept Huland’s offer. As a result, a relocation trip that should had been six to seven days, ended up being whole nine days and nights.

Huland’s Green Snow village was situated in a small green valley, surrounded and concealed by snowy mountain range and a bewildering formation. The vehicles used to transport the elderly and the young could not cross the terrain, therefore, around the last rest stop, roughly eight kilometers from their destination, the Martial Mortals leading the convoy utilized their mist energy to carry groups of people directly to the village, whilst protecting them on the way from the severely cold elements of the encompassing mountain range.

There were close to two thousand wooden structures at the village. Its human residents with weak constitution to the weather wore thick fur clothes. Its small beast population also had members of it wearing, granted in different fashion, the warm human clothes, even in animalistic form. They were those who could not get used to the cold climate and cultivation was sufficiently high to demonstrate human’s intelligence, but too low to shield themselves with mist energy – there were even some who had not cultivated yet to humanoid form.

After receiving something warm to wear, Zax’s friends and family were assembled on a grass field outside the village. In front of them stood Zax, still in his disguise, the twelve members of the chain and Huland along with couple of his Dark Glare’s members.

“Everyone, turn your attention to me”. Zax called as heads were turning and he slowly reverted to his true appearance.

“Zax!” His grandpa Ger, who fell ill in the past two days from stress and reminiscing of his beloved home, was the first to uttered outloud. Immediately after, an upsurge of similar responses was triggered, in even more astonishment the grandpa Ger’s.

“Marco, your son is alive!”

“Laylen, Laylen, that- that’s your son!”

“Zax...”

These and many more reactions stirred the crowed.

Of course, not all knew Zax. Among the adults, a handful were even unfamiliar with his name and it is meaningless mentioning the younger generation.

Zax beheld the people in front of him. Many exhibited happiness, many showed suspicious, several were even angry and all were confused.

“Ssh...” The whisper was carried on a wave of dark attribute energy, spread in the crowed and caused all who heard it to hush.

Suddenly, everyone go the sense that the figure who asked for their attention was a giant with the power to squash or guard them, depends on his whim. At the same time, though, they also got the impression that as long as they will listen he will remain harmless.

Zax sighed inwardly. He did not want to intimidate them into submission, but was aware that otherwise he will have to deal with never ending complains and demands. Yes he was their relative, yes they grew up as friends, but no, he could not based on those things, let them dictate right and wrong when there was far too little that they understood of the current situation.

“I realize that you all must have many questions and in the past week and a half you experienced an overwhelming life changing revelations”. Zax opened. “I deeply apologize. The source of your misfortune is me”. Dark attribute energy constantly blended in his speech.

“Y- You are responsible to the torment we had been through?!”

A hateful voice snapped from the crowed. As the majority recognized Zax as an entity that should not be undermined, there were six or seven with pent up emotions that made them act like a cornered mouse with no choice but to retaliate for its life.

“Linda!” Kade grabbed his wife and berated her. From head to feet tremors shook his body and echoed from his mouth. “What do you think you are doing?! Apologize this instant!” He forced her to the front of the crowed, there he made her drop to her knees together with him and pushed her head down. “Please forgive my wife’s audacity and my inadequate control of her, senior!” He begged toward Zax.

A portion of his fear was the recollection of the bit of trouble he and his wife gave Zetsa, who he knew was Zax’s sister, while he always been there watching from the sideline, harboring who knows what?!

The greater part of his fear was what little he learned about the experts accompanying them from the pathway to their underground home to this hidden village. They were being beyond his comprehension. Whatever they did was impossible for him to gage in the most rudimentary way.

As an old fellow tempered by dangerous encounters and lessons of enlightenment, Kade hastily put up a loud show in it he purposely let everyone know that even he, a Core Master expert, yield to the man before them. As such, Zax would be pacified with him and his wife for making the people of Kingdom Earth, who view Core Breakers as a wonder, follow suit instead of giving him troubles for supposed grievances.

‘If he valued his life more than his wife’s he would’ve annulled their marriage’. Zax finally had a sense of the capacity of Kade’s feelings to Linda. “It’s fine. Please get back in line until I’ll finish”.

“Yes, senior, thank you, senior. Thank you for elevating us to the blue sky of our dreams!” It might have sounded like too much, but that single sentence was another tool to strum the heart stringers of all New Earth’s inhabitants.

The crowed quickly calmed down after the brief commotion. Zax spent an hour and forty minutes confessing his faults against them, explaining, not in depth, his grudge with the five powers, promising to return them home when it will be safe and mentioning opportunities that they may gain and will never find in New Earth. He dedicated another hour and ten minutes to the Green Snow village and everything he talked about with Huland, in addition to receiving the numerous questions everyone had.

With a signal from Huland, thirty something villagers lead the entourage of one hundred and forty into processing. As they were forced to leave, Zax made eye contact and a head gesture with a simple meaning to his big sister, Anet and couple of his old friends “We’ll talk later. Now go and do as you’re told”.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.