Earth's Core - Cover

Earth's Core

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

Chapter 27: Second Oath

It would be a lie to claim that Zax’s imperious dark physique form, the Dark Titan Storm’s second stage, managed to utterly cover the stir that rippled from his heart.

‘Eliminating Luminous Church... ‘

The oath was made in the spur of the moment, but it was not as if he was unware of the words coming out of his mouth or had no intention of following through with them. Simply, he was too weak and also had to consider the real chiefs which each of the five powers could turn to for help, the Immortal powerhouses behind them. Eliminated the church should be done progressively.

‘No! The church is wicked, vile to those who don’t share its fate’.

Rockwell’s background was just one story that can be told about the church’s intent toward those they label as “Heathens”.

‘It and the other powers are a constant threat to those who oppose them. They are dominating behind the scenes the inhabitants of New Earth, imposing rules that implicate our rise to beneath the blue sky. They ... will certainly go to any length in their search for the ‘something’ left by the Immortal expert, previous owner of the Black Core. And if Legacy Of The One’s Path is what they want, then I’ll never be able to resolve the concern of them either using my loved ones against me or openly employing all other means available to them to capture me’.

Zax reflected on the pros and cons of reconciling, at the very least, with Luminous Church, the only power, currently, to have a force that could hinder the relocating of his family and friends.

“You said that repenting is the first thing I’ll have to do”. Depend on how, he really intended to consider this. If The Almighty is going to make his life a living hell because of his oath, then he would rather do anything possible, and within his principles, for absolution. The blood and weakness from back then were enough scare for him to not dare disregard the attention of a God, now that he knows better.

“First thing I said was the most important condition. Second is much simpler ... join the Holy Palace”. A genuine smile bloomed on Bishop Nunsup’s face. He could be wanton, greedy and merciless, yet when welcoming another soul to the righteous path laid by The Almighty, he was nothing but candid and affable.

‘All animosity can end right now’. By the change in fluctuations in Bishop Nunsup’s aura, Zax believed that submission to the church would undoubtedly bring about closure for both parties. “Would I be limited? I won’t become a servant of the church or the Holy Palace”.

“The word ‘Servant’ is of personal reference. Any member of the Holy Palace is rather an ‘Envoy’ of The Almighty. Some just choose to categorize themselves differently out of humbleness. Typically cultivation level and ascendancy over the holy teachings are what determine your position, but for selected few with exceptional potential such as yourself, exceptions can be made”. Bishop Nunsup encouraged upon seeing Zax not refusing right away, perhaps even getting comfortable with the idea.

“That’s not what I mean. Cultivators from New Earth who joined the five powers are obligated to make oaths of several degrees of severity. So let me rephrase myself, will I be free to leave the Holy Palace whenever I’ll feel like it without consequences?”

“That’s...” Zax’s blunt question caused Bishop Nunsup a tad awkwardness as well as slight irritation. Either he was not explicit enough or Zax was too dense to understand that it was not an olive branch extended to him, but the entire tree!

Should he be received as a member of the church and be admitted to the shortest session of holy studies, then with his talent that surpasses an Ascended Elite’s, in a short while of handful years even figure like Archbishop Silternja and Cardinal Northstar would be obligated to show him respect.

‘I can’t tell if his interest is genuine or if he is just stalling for those Sinister Chain’s members... ‘ It would be awful if he will return to the Grand Abode, only to confess to Archbishop Silternja that he failed in both tasks due to being played with. “Once you will observed the holy studies, you will not want to leave the righteous path of The Almighty. I know I never regretted my decision, nor anyone else who ever joined the Holy Palace or the church, here in Ercas Mir”. Bishop Nunsup said in a resigned tone. He raised his palm and a rolled, white parchment appeared in it. He gestured and the parchment flew to Zax.

“What’s that?” Zax asked, all the while still in the Dark Titan Storm’s second stage.

“I won’t be able to answer you, but his grace Archbishop Silternja can. This is an Oath Parchment of the Holy Palace. When making deals it’s more proper, less adverse to use such methods than involve Gods or Nature”.

“You want me to make another oath?!” Zax frowned.

Ariel told him that he made an oath of secrecy for the Blessed Army and could renege it with no immediate penalty, only that the five powers can detect apostates, which is the real problem. Then again, Gid Chu made an oath of service and loyalty to the Blessed Army, which resigning cost him his mist cultivation. Since he was oblivious as to how every oath was made, Zax naturally was wary of complying with Bishop Nunsup’s white parchment.

“We both will make. You will follow me right now to the Grand Abode, to meet Archbishop Silternja to get answers to all the questions you would like to ask. I will swear that whether you will join the Holy Palace, after talking with his grace the Archbishop, or want some time to think about it, you will be granted safe departure from Onzengvas, the territory”. Bishop Nunsup decided to cut all further explanation short.

‘Safe departure from Onzengvas... ‘ Zax sneered in his heart. ‘What will happen when I’ll leave Onzengvas? If the church won’t send someone to chase me, it can always alert the Golden Desert Fort’. He did not argue outloud. Bishop Nunsup could not guarantee matters beyond the Onzengvas or speak excessively for what treatment Archbishop Silternja’s will give him. Not to mention that he might encounter Cardinal Northstar or Stelero Mars, which neither even Archbishop Silternja cannot go against.

“I can agree to meet Archbishop Silternja, but not in Onzengvas, in a neutral location, the Earthly Crater”.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.