Earth's Core
Chapter 26: Panic! Godly Retribution

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

‘Be prepared to make your move, Zax!’ Kloky and Bonjier urged his fallen façade of an old, lanky man. ‘We only have time to generate a strike to distract him. Subsequently, we’ll leave back to the pathway”, while in the Companion’s Link formation they combined soul could vaguely skim the visage within the Bewildering Archons Magic formation. “And it would be up to you to draw him far and for as long as possible. Transporting your family and friends to the base will take a week at the fastest!’

‘When you are ready’. Zax sent back. He already recovered from his major injuries, but has not found the opportunity to catch Bishop Nunsup from behind and it was still unclear in which ear he keeps the communicator.

Bishop Nunsup advanced in a moderate flying pace toward the two, giving them enough time to retreat and reveal the means in which they could navigate in the Bewildering Archons Magic formation, but not too much time for their World Gathering Bone cubes and invisible formation to reach a state of completion that could threaten him.

Eight cubes started spinning frantically, as Kloky and Bonjier commenced their assault, which could not be delayed anymore.

Bishop Nunsup puckered his brows and then scoffed. ‘Eight will be tricky to block while avoiding damage, but it’s doable. Afterwards they won’t be able to prepare anymore cubes for a second volley; hence their only choice would be to run’. Or rather he will let them, temporarily.

From beginning till this very moment, everything that took place was within a time frame of barely three seconds. Now, however, as Zax used internal dark attribute energy to contain instead of expel the fiery attribute energy and patiently waited to initiate his real assault, time was about to get even slower as powers were about to get unleashed.

“Go!” Kloky and Bonjier, each raised his and her right arm and pointed as if they were the other’s shadow.

The eight spinning cubes shot through the invisible formation, absorbing its refined energy while losing any indication of solidness, turning into pure rays of brilliant white light.

The eight rays crossed the tens of meters between them and Bishop Nunsup in a blink of an eye.

Bishop Nunsup’s expression grew solemn. The devastating power of the rays was both prominent by their speed and the fluctuations radiating from them. He extended his hands sideways as two daggers with curved, Old Nature Metal blade appeared in them.

Fiery attribute energy pervaded the blades, inspiring red marks and shapes on them.

‘Six? Seven?’ Bishop Nunsup quickly estimated the number of rays he will be able to counter as well as all eight trajectories to determine which one or two will make the least amount of harm, should he miss. With this, he took stance and brandished his daggers in a peculiar yet dazzling set of dagger arts.

Six rays were his targets. He could parry a seventh, but it would have required him to slightly alter his maneuvers and permitting a cube with perilous trajectory to hit him. Conversely, the two cubes that he will miss by maintain his chosen maneuvers, will only hit below waist at his left knee and right thigh, resulting in injuries that will not impede him as well as ones he has the means to easily recover from.

With a “Ding” sound, three rays with the power of a Beginner fourth level Martial Mortal simultaneously clashed with Bishop Nunsup’s two daggers. The glaring light of the rays dissipated rapidly, soon to show the dim squared outlines of the cubes they engulfed.

At the same time the eight rays shot off, Kloky and Bonjier turned tail to escape, furthering Bishop Nunsup attention on them.

The cubes inside the fourth and fifth rays recoiled from the collision with the daggers, once their energy was thoroughly depleted; they followed the previous three in a flight back to their owners.

One ray was left to parry and Bishop Nunsup readied himself to the incursions of the remaining two.

Zax could not have known that the borrowed time for his sneak attack is at its end, but he could perceive the incipient awkwardness in Bishop Nunsup’s maneuvers and deduce the advent of the chance he needed.

Dark Titan Storm’s second stage.

Even if he wanted, Bishop Nunsup could not fail to notice the sudden ominous undulations of dark attribute energy at the back of his neck. Nevertheless, he was about to parry the sixth ray and absolutely could not afford to be distrusted and having it hit him, when it rocketed with clear trajectory toward his left eye.

‘What? Who? Could it be?’ Were the last word he heard asking himself in his mind when his vision turned blur and his ears rang.

Zax slammed his two black palms at Bishop Nunsup’s ears. Perhaps by instinct, perhaps it was a sort of defensive mechanism put in advance, but a fiery shell of mist energy emerged as a thin layer on the skin of the gorgeous Bishop of the church.

For a brief instant Zax was not sure whether he succeed in destroying the communicator or if his attack was completely blocked. Then, he felt a minute tingling at the palm of his right hand, the discharge electricity and violet stone’s energy.

‘It’s done!’ Zax was exuberant.

Blood sipped from Bishop Nunsup’s ears due to the sneak attack, yet he managed to parry the sixth ray. However, he was in no position to celebrate, apart from still being about to get hit by two rays, an influx of the violet stone’s energy rampantly swirled in his sea of consciousness, wreaking havoc in his blazing Inner Panorama.

‘Be gone!’ A formation of soul energy was erected in his mind and vanquished the ruinous energy of the violet stone.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.