Earth's Core - Cover

Earth's Core

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

Chapter 24: Kloky’s Decision

“A fourth level Martial Mortal?” Kloky was so bewildered that he could not believe. “Where is he or she? Can he sense us?” Whether it was true or not, it was more important to stay safe.

“It’s a He, surprisingly a Bishop of the church. I thought unless they receive permission, Martial Mortal members of the five powers aren’t allowed to intrude on each other territory”. Zax said as he concentrated on making sure his dark attribute energy enhanced Soul Sense remains at an undetectable range.

“A Bishop in Valgarel?” Bonjier had an incredulous look.

“Let’s retreat out of the boundary of this makeshift natural occurring formation”. Kloky instructed, despite they being on a schedule.

“We can’t! I won’t! My family and friends are soon to arrive from New Earth. I won’t let them get caught by the forces of Luminous Church and Blessed Army!” Zax lividly responded. From his perspective, everyone sent by Gid Chu for this operation had obligation to ensure the wellbeing of his loved ones, otherwise, they can get lost!

“Zax, tell us what do you see”. Zechariah interrupted.

“How many members of the five powers can you count? What their level of cultivation?” Linor added.

“Can you see Donkey? She has long face and short blond hair. Age wise her appearance is similar to late thirties non cultivator”. Soybam Peter described.

“Give me a moment”. Zax replied and resumed his attention on the groups from Luminous Church and Blessed Army, as well as searching whoever seemed not to belong with accordance to the discerption of Donkey.

“There are the five Curators. Apart from them, there are eight Blessed Army’s experts; five Peak Core Masters, two first level Martial Mortals and a third level Martial Mortal. Luminous Church seems to send only four of its personal, three Peak Core Masters and the Bishop ... they are all around the pathway to New Earth, next to the Bishop there is a dead figure of a woman-”

“Is it Donkey?” Varinka asked hysterically. Giant Havreim similarly had an ugly expression. By their behavior they probably had good relations with Donkey, better than the rest, at least.

“It looks like it”. Noting the two’s reactions, Zax said gently.

“Can the Bishop sense us, Zax? If it’s a possibility, immediately cease the exploration!” Bonjier commanded.

Zax knitted his brows, but refrained from retorting. “I can only guess that ... no. The odd formation in the forest is obstructing even his ability to sense my probing. Unless his understanding of the attribute is sufficiently high and he is intentionally guarding from Sublime Soul Sense and Soul Sense, he won’t notice. Equally, if I’ll withdraw my Soul Sense, than I won’t be able to tell if he will use his. I think the formation is their doing, and for some reason they are willing to pay the price of disabling their detecting capabilities for catching us”.

“How did they know that we come?” Xiao Kirin asked.

“I don’t know”. Zax shook his head. “Am I supposed to answer everything just because I can still use Soul Sense?” They kind of exaggerated with their expectations for every answer from him.

Zax really could not know. How could he had guessed that while he was having his review, the leaders of the five powers finished theirs, leaving Archbishop Silternjan the trouble of verifying his connection to New Earth. For this task, Horn Kikon and General Logan allowed for a one time, temporary breach in the agreement between the five powers, consenting to Archbishop Silternjan request of sending a Bishop to oversight the investigation.

Although Horn Kikon was told to send his own beasts, if he does not trust the group from Luminous Church, he refused. Ultimately, both he and General Logan served the same Immortal.

With regards to Donkey’s dead body ... The Bishop sent by the church received a peculiar set of wide range obstructing formation with the orders to erect it in its maximum scope with the pathway to New Earth as the center, should the need arise. As for the so call “need”, it was the case Sinister Chain will somehow figure the church investigation into Zax’s origin and one of its leaders will arrive on scene, not caring about admitting the truth, meaning to relocate possible relatives of the newly recruited prospect.

The Bishop, one of the four male Bishops of the church, got wind of Donkey soon after she conversed with Bonjier. Capturing her when he realized her destination was the pathway to New Earth, and then making a quick interrogation, her excuses and meek behavior did not convince him. First, a Peak Core Master such as her should have noticed the five powers’ Curators and know to stay away. Second, if she was a denizen of New Earth then she broke the rules, anyway, by not joining any of the powers or returning before her breakthrough to the second realm.

Hence, he killed her and erected the formation, just in case she was a scout of the chain.

“Kloky, by the timeline senior Gid gave me, my family and friends will arrive in a few hours”. Zax reminded.

“I’m aware”. Kloky grimaced. Using the Companion’s Link formation along with Bonjier, in terms of mist energy they could compare with a Beginner fourth level Martial Mortal, but as far as insights into the attribute ... they were unable to match.

Seeing Kloky toiling internally yet not coming up with a suggestion, while the others were also stumped with what they could do, Zax steeled his resolve. “I’ll take care of the Bishop”.

He was not yet at the level of reaching a standstill against a Beginner fourth level Martial Mortal, more like prolonging the imminent, nor was he certain about the phase of the Bishop on scene, but there was no other solution. If he will be clever...

The twelve instantly turned ugly faces. On one hand they were nervous by the current risk; it was supposed to be a grand scale escort operation with not much to worry about. On the other hand, even if they were not close with Zax, they knew better than standing by while his loved ones bear the consequences of his service to the chain.

“The moment he will see you as a threat, not necessarily to him. Just someone weirdly strong that he could not identify, the Bishop will notify the church, perhaps ask for reinforcement from the army, in case he will suspect of Leader’s or Second Leader’s presence here”. Rockwell forewarned.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.