Earth's Core - Cover

Earth's Core

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

Chapter 10: Wishing One Could Pay With Limbs

“Fuck off!” Zax roared. Dark attribute energy swirling around him. He clenched both his fist and straightened his arms as he rocketed on a collision course with the two fourth level Martial Mortals.

“Insolent!”

“Heretic!”

The two Bishops cursed resentfully. They knew that Zax is a bodily cultivator, which meant that his strongest attacks were not when he projected outwardly dark attribute energy, but when it was channeled to his limbs. In contrast to him, not only did their strongest attacks were projections, but they also could not execute them, so long as they remained in the Grand Abode.

“Block!” The shouted together.

Rods of violet lightning and a wall of crimson flames rose between the two Bishops and Zax.

BOOM!

Zax’s fists slammed against the rods. Thought they seemed fine, Zax felt currents of electricity cracking the shell of his Dark Titan Storm’s second stage, plaguing his insides, rupturing them and popping his blood vessels. It was a ridiculous pain to bear that a low level Martial Mortal would lose his mind over. Fortunately for Zax, he was accustomed to even greater pain and the electric rods were a defensive measure, which main purpose was to startle into buying time.

Next, Zax plunged to the crimson wall of flames. His black skin lit up as if it was covered by oil, rather than fused with dark attribute energy. It crackled and peeled off, in mere instant the immense heat spread and boiled his internals, further damaging those hurt by the violet rods.

“Bough!” Zax spewed mouthfuls of blood, but he did not halt for a heartbeat.

Whatever his fists encountered was obliterated soon after contact since neither of the two’s attacks meant for assault and neither electric attribute and fiery attribute were suitable for defense in settings such as this.

Battered from head to toe, Zax’s fists blasted a passageway through the daunting hurdles with a grim look on his face. ‘This is bad. I’ll not be able to escape like this’. Even though the exit was right in front of him and going past it was definite, Zax had a bitter taste in his mouth that exceeded the taste of blood. ‘If I’ll have to do it, senior Gid, no matter the treasures the chain obtained over the years, you will owe and give me anything I want as compensation!’

The Bishops stared with dismay and cleared the exit from the Grand Abode, instead of dragging Zax’s into a hand to hand combat. Without utilizing their best techniques, they were uncertain of their ability to postpone his advancement for Archbishop Silternja and Cardinal Northstar to arrive and were wary of both meeting failure and risking their life for nothing. Besides, it was not like the pursuit will end when Zax will leave the abode. Quite the opposite, if any of them will come across him outside, he will be done for.

WHOOSH!

Zax exited the Grand Abode, a black streak that scooted underneath the night sky. While his body went forward, his head constantly looked over his shoulder. ‘The church has six Bishops... ‘

Despite getting outside, Zax was not complacent with himself in the least. In the Grand Abode he might have been trapped, but he did not need to worry from Sublime Soul Sense or the unbridled assault of the church’s experts. Now that the playfield had changed, although he gained freedom, so did his adversaries as they no longer had to be restrained.

The instant his figure departed the Grand Abode, the two men Bishops burst with vigorous auras and got on his tail. A breath of time after, two more figures joined, women, another pair of Bishops. They were outside from the beginning, guarding the locations where the defensive formation of the abode was the weakest, spots which would be easy for an intruder to make an exit from the inside.

Their Sublime Soul Senses detected Zax the moment he left the abode and shot after him immediately, second only to the two men.

“Despicable villain”, a bellow that shook the sky and earth reverberated from the entrance to Grand Abode and an elderly figure of a man with angelic white skin and eight wings flew out in an alarming speed.

Archbishop Silternja showed up in a form similar to Zax’s Dark Titan Strom and Gid Chu’s Lightening Marvel, only more stable than the latter and a bit less cohesive than the former, a physique of light attribute technique.

He came alone since after finding Stelero Mars on the brink of death, even though he was livid by the stupidity of the casing’s formation dismantling and the theft of Sister Iaura’s benevolence, Cardinal Northstar had no choice but to stay back and save His Young Eminence’s life.

“Your grace!” The four Bishops shouted in salute. It took less than ten seconds for Archbishop Silternja to catch up with them.

‘A fifth level Martial Mortal!’ Zax’s heart sank. The four Bishops had not achieved an attribute’s physique, so he could cross great distances, maybe reaching somewhere he could lose them, but Archbishop Silternja ... not only did he possess a higher level of cultivation, his attribute’s physique was faintly inferior to his.

‘I’ll have to use it... ‘ Zax gritted his teeth. He was not out of options, not yet. There was one that stood out more than the rest, but to use it was a price he was dejecting from paying. ‘It would have been better to even trade two thirds of my body, but this... ‘ Unwilling to resort to that solution, he weighed his estimated chance of survival in any of the optimal places to ran away to. ‘The Earthly Crater is too far and who knows if that eel is more territorial than miser. I’ll have to go past the second ring, getting myself between the hammer and the anvil, to set them against each other. The Northern Icecaps also have an Overlord, but are just as far. The Down Ocean is closer, but I’m not familiar with the risks there, which supposedly even Peak Martial Mortal will prefer to avoid. Last place to go to is the Golden Desert Fort... ‘

Perhaps, by knowing that Admiral Hamumni is situated in General Beking’s Golden Desert Fort, Archbishop Silternja will rather retreat than trespass and give them a reason to gang up on him.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.