Earth's Core
Chapter 24: Collaboration For The Perfect Dark Attribute’s Essence

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

“Wait, senior, please excuse my, Vobar’s, impertinence!” The white Stone Clawed Bear, Vobar, wanted to retreat, but he was already caught by Sister Beatriz’s green mantle.

Not just on Vobar befell a dire sense of nervousness. Many of the experts who were after the wraith that Sion’s party captured, were trapped by the green mantle. Furthermore, discovering that it was raised by a third level Martial Mortal has gone beyond their expectation. Those who could stay hidden did so readily. Those who could not, backed as far away as possible, praying for this calamity to pass.

Sister Beatriz ignored Vobar.

“The Almighty is fair”. His Young Eminence said as he slowly advanced forward, spreading his arm to the sides in a welcoming manner, while having a solemn expression. “Defeat me and you may live”. His last words finally caught Vobar’s attention.

“You?” Vobar was about to sneer in contempt. Just because he had operated a flying technique, the Peak second realm cub thought himself on the same caliber as a Martial Mortal. Then again, it might be his opportunity to live, and he would not even need to risk using the double edge sword, his clan position in the Violet Scaled Troops, to make the others reconsider. “Are you sincere, senior? If I’ll make this child to submit you’ll let me go?” He cared more about Sister Beatriz’s affirmation than His Young Eminence’s promise.

“Silly bear, why would you avert your gaze from His Young Eminence? The battle already started”. Sister Iaura, who floated next to Sister Beatriz, said earnestly. Although a bit disappointed for not being able to test herself against Vobar, she did not despise him for his behavior nor wanted to see him waste the benevolence The Almighty conferred through His Young Eminence.

“Pitiful heathen”. Sister Beatriz shook her head, at the same time she lowered the green mantle.

Vobar paid no heed to Sister Iaura’s remark, as he was more baffled with why he was suddenly let go. Thinking that Sister Beatriz’s action was a gesture of good will, validating the deal, he turned to face His Young Eminence.

“When did he?!” Vobar’s red eyes widened, without him noticing, His Young Eminence arrived to his side.

His Young Eminence seemed to move casually, still in the same posture, a shining white aura engulfed him and in both hands he held a plain looking wooden staff. “Wretched are the careless”. He said and thrust.

BANG!

The chopped end of the staff raptured the shielding dark aura and hit Vobar’s chest.

CRACK!

Bones shattering sound reverberated. Vobar, in all of his weight and great size, was thrown back hundreds of meters before managing to stop his descent.

‘How ... Is this really a light attribute?!’ Blood trickling from his mouth and his chest slightly caved in, the mindset of Vobar was in a state of disarray.

Even those spectating were shaken by the attack power of His Young Eminence, a Peak second realm cultivator.

Vobar stared from afar at His Young Eminence, the redness in his eyes intensifying. Yes, in terms of mist energy he was superior to His Young Eminence, but somehow, perhaps by the grace of The Almighty, the cub he underestimated had achieved the unimaginable and obtained insights into the light attribute in his soul and dantian!

Up in the sky, His Young Eminence’s aura shone bright as the sun. Looking down on his opponent, he directed the end of his staff at Vobar as if it was the barrel of a shotgun.

WHOOSH!

His speed was comparable to a Beginner first level Martial Mortal, another product of his profound knowledge and excellent usage of his attribute.

“Roar!” Dark aura burst, Vobar’s fur turned gray and his stone claws enlarged.

WHOOSH!

BOOM!

The two’s collision sent devastating shockwaves.

BANG!

BANG!

Within seconds thousands of blows were exchange and with each strike, staff against claws, the landscape was reshaped.

PUCHI!

His Young Eminence’s staff pierced through Vobar tough paw, so swiftly and sharply that there was barely a sound.

“Roar!”

SWISH!

Black claws, the size of a grown human being, slashed.

PUCHI!

His Young Eminence withdrew his staff and thrust through Vobar’s shoulder, obliterating bone, nerves and muscles, neutralizing the incoming attack midway.

“I!” Vobar’s bellowed, gaining control and retracting his left arm. “Vobar of the Stone Clawed Bear clan, won’t be a measly Core Master’s, a human’s prey!” His aura erupted, the full extent of his strength, of which he did not expect to display in a fight with a mere Core Master.

Black images of bear’s claws materialized around Vobar and fused with him. “Receive my Stone Claw!” His right, injured paw swung with the heaviness of a mountain. No use of its claws was made, as the whole arm became the ultimate claw.

SLASH!

The clouds split and dispersed. The earth parted and crumbled.

Vobar was elated; his paw felt contact with the opponent. “Mm?” Something was not right; the immense power he channeled failed to reach its climax following the impact.

“Misguided heathen”. A voice whispered. His Young Eminence blocked the Stone Claw attack with the end of his staff!

Having his life on the line, Vobar could not afford to be shaken by the capabilities of his opponent anymore. His animalistic nature stepped forward and like a wild beast he forced out every ounce of energy, be it mist or physical.

CHICHICHI!

The two forces’ deadlock birthed high pitched grating sounds.

“Rarararara!”

Shrilling scream resounded as wraiths were attracted from afar to the chaotic battlefield.

“Your Young Eminence”, Sister Beatriz was the first to notice the arrival of the damnable creatures. “We can’t stay here anymore, please hurry and finish the fight”.

Knowing all too well where they are, His Young Eminence did not need Sister Beatriz to reason her request. “Witness the Pillar of my Belief, let the wretched receive retribution by the shining light of The Almighty”. It was not clear if he made a prayer or lectured Vobar, it also did not matter.

“Roar!” The white fur, red eyes Stone Clawed Bear spewed blood and bared his teeth. A sense of impending danger drove him to demote his sanity into savagery.

His Young Eminence’s staff glowed white and expended. What looked before as nothing more than a stick, has transformed to a heavenly column.

CRACK!

CRACK!

CRACK!

...

An indomitable force invaded, breaking Vobar’s bones in succession, starting with his right paw.

The enormous physique of the Stone Clawed Bear convulsed and his dark aura vanished. White vapor emitted from his pores as his insides turned to seared mush and he began to fall from the sky.

His Young Eminence was panting. For him, a Peak Core Master, to defeat a Martial Mortal was an unheard of feat, one that depleted every bit of his energy, one that through its spectators will certainly resonant in all corners of Ercas Mir!

“Splendid! You were so gallant and splendid, Your Young Eminence!” Sister Iaura shouted in excitement, approaching alongside Sister Beatriz.

“Here, Your Young Eminence”, Sister Beatriz presented him with a small pellet.

Shaking his head, His Young Eminence rejected the pellet. “The Almighty has accepted me as his vessel, what great sin it would be should I hurry to relinquish this grace”.

“That’s right, His Young Eminence is wise!” Sister Iaura nodded vigorously.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.