Building a CAP Based Future - Cover

Building a CAP Based Future

Copyright© 2015 by Allan Joyal

Chapter 50: A December to Mis-remember

Kelsey storming out of the testing center started a month that I am sure I will spend years trying to forget. I knew that her leaving would cause some issues, but I was unprepared for the magnitude of the disaster on its way.

Matti came home that night and knew Kelsey's version of what had happened. I expected her to support her best friend, but my sister proved to have a solid understanding about the situation.

"I love Kels, but she's being an idiot," were the first words out of my sister's mouth when she arrived. She went on to tell me that Kathy and Milli were both completely aghast after listening in to the phone call my sister had received from Kels.

Of course, this contributed to the problems the next morning. Kelsey had gone home after leaving the testing center, and we did not see her until just before classes started. The young lady tried to engage Kathy and Milli in a conversation. When Milli ignored Kelsey, the girl started shouting about how making a choice too soon would prove to be a disastrous mistake, and that Jessica would prove to be more controlling than Milli expected.

The nasty comments continued through our morning classes. Kelsey seemed to find fault with anything Jason, Jessica, or I did. I was surprised when she followed us to our usual courtyard table. However, as we all found places to sit she swerved and headed over to the table where Walter was once again making an ass of himself.

I do not know what she told him, but they had a whispered conversation and were soon doing their best to torment Jason and me. Walter appeared no longer willing to wait for girls to come to him. With Kelsey's help he lured girls from every class to the table over the next two weeks. They even got a student teacher to visit the table one lunch.

Jessica and I had to hold Jason down to prevent him from charging Walter. The courtyard which had been our refuge was now a warzone as Kelsey and Walter worked to get us in trouble.

It did not help that Kelsey remained grouped with us in every class. She refused to help, but at the same time demanded that we make sure she kept her grades up. It was a frustrating experience that only ended once our term finals were over, and school ended for the year.

That day had another bombshell. Lenore picked everyone up after school. We had planned to go to the park and jog for a while, but Lenore immediately headed back to Jason and Ashley's home.

"I don't know the whole story, but I got a call from Morgan to get you and bring you home," she told us as she passed the turn to the park.

"I thought everything was going well for them," I said. "We don't talk much, but Becky and Bea seem very happy, and from what I understand, they are almost always with Morgan."

"Again, I know no more than you do. Morgan seemed a bit distressed when he called. I could hear someone wailing in the background, but I could not make out what they were saying," Lenore said.

Those words seemed ominous, and we all sat silently for the fifteen minutes it took to drive to the house. Jason and Ashley were the most panicked. When the minivan came to a halt, Jason jumped up and opened the door before Lenore could set the parking brake. He dashed to the door while the rest of us gathered up our bags.

We rushed into the house following Jason. Even before we reached the still open front door we could hear Becky wailing.

"I ruined it all. It's over!" she cried out repeatedly.

I rushed in and found Jason standing in a panic. Becky was sitting in the center of the love seat. Beatrice was to her right and had the distraught woman in a hug. Morgan stood behind them. He had an unreadable expression on his face as he tentatively reached out to stroke Becky's hair.

"Will someone tell me what is ruined and how?" I asked sharply.

Becky said nothing. Instead her left hand dropped to her side. Her fingers appeared to be reaching for something. A moment later a white plastic stick was thrust in my direction.

I took the stick and twirled it in my hands. As I did I noticed a blue plus sign had appeared in a window made in the plastic. "Is this?" I asked carefully.

Becky just wailed again. I looked up at Morgan. "I'm sure it's yours, and I remember you saying that you never get to see your children."

"Not from my first marriage," Morgan said bitterly. "And I am happy about this."

"But I ruined everything," Becky moaned. "This wasn't supposed to happen."

"Um ... I believe that one of the things they announced was that the aliens expect humanity to be very fruitful and to multiply quickly if they are picked up. I'm guessing female companions are supposed to be," I began.

"Barefoot and pregnant?" Ashley chirped. "Or better still, bare naked, pregnant, and forever horny for their man."

"I wouldn't mind pregnant," Lenore said wistfully. "My little angel needs a friend. But where is she?"

"She's taking a nap in her room," Bea said firmly. "Although I'm surprised the wailing didn't wake her up."

"The basement has good soundproofing," Ashley said. "But I'm puzzled as to why Becky is upset."

"Morgan will leave me," Becky said mournfully. "I'm pregnant and he'll leave me."

"I'll what?" Morgan cried. "Little girl, you aren't leaving this house until you take that back. My child will grow up with three parents."

"Isn't that supposed to be two parents?" Letty asked.

"You think Bea won't be helping?" Morgan asked. "That will be one advantage of the rules off Earth. Even if I am away on missions, any child will have two parents at home to shower them with love."

"There might be a slight problem with that," Beatrice said quietly.

Everyone turned to look at her. She reached into the purse I had not noticed hanging from her left shoulder and held up another white plastic stick. The plus sign was clearly visible.

"Mom!" Jason said. "You're too old! You can't be!"

"Pregnant?" Beatrice said with a smile. "I certainly can be. I stopped taking my pills months ago.

Morgan started laughing as he reached around to hug Becky. "There you see, you aren't the only one."

"But I'll lose my job, how will I live?" Becky moaned.

Letty and Ashley looked at each other. "Drama queen," they said in unison.

Becky looked up. "What do you mean?" she asked. Her eyes were still filled with tears, but her sobs had stopped.

I watched Ashley as she bounced on her feet. "Think about it. We have a huge seven bedroom house."

"Yes, but this is Morgan's ... isn't it?" Becky replied.

"No," Beatrice said quietly. "It's the dream house for my husband and me. He wanted a big family, so we purchased this house and then added to it. We were so deep in debt when Ashley was born, but he promised to pay it off."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.