The Career Woman
Chapter 5: A Strange Proposal

Copyright© 2015 by Duna

Amy:

I mentioned formerly, I felt myself lonely and first in my life this time I began to think about the lack of any kids in my life. Simon's family was the first which woke up my desire to be a mom. The motherly instinct knocked me, when I was with his daughters. The second was my affair with Frank, I could see my lover that his children were more important than me. I was sad that I had to give up to be a mother in my future. I was lonely single from the start of the Mongolian expedition, where the babysitting for Simon's daughters turn on the maximum motherly instinct at my mind. After Frank left me for his kids, one of my colleagues in the paleontology department mentioned me an interesting blood test which could recognize Down and Edwards syndromes at pregnant woman above thirty-five years with 99% probability. This was the third step, because I thought of being pregnant was less problem for mature women now than years ago.

It was the only matter I did not want a fatherless family to my future kids, so I avoided the sperm bank or one night occasion possibilities with a stranger. I was deeply convinced myself the kids would deserve to know their real dad in spite of I was so wealthy to use the household staff to bring up my kids. I had enough money to live a single mother life, but I felt the classical family is the best for the kids. Simon's disaster moved my brain and a very strange idea came to my mind. I was not blind so I noticed the sympathy from other men. I knew Simon appreciated me as a beautiful mature woman and a good assistant. I decided, "It's now or never!"

I knew Simon was a true dad, he adored his daughters, but I wanted to confirmed this. I sat beside him and I put my hand on his hand to show my solidarity.

I began my trick with an appropriate question, "What's your plan with the girls? Will you tell them you aren't their biological dad?"

"No, no!" he refused the idea immediately and explained, "They're in a very fragile age. They remember me as their real dad and they love me. The truth would be a catastrophic effect on them. If they were over sixteen, perhaps I'd confess the truth to them. In that age they could learn what would be the consequences of such betrayal. If they were younger than they were four I could leave them because they could forget me easy. Moreover according to this state's family law I wouldn't pay any children support. They and I imprinted the dad daughter connection on our minds indelibly."

I got my answer, Simon remained true daddy and this was a good point for him.

"You're true daddy," I praised him.

He carried on his confession with some teardrops in his eyes, "I don't hesitate to say they're my daughters. These years together with them determined this connection forever. But I don't want to live with Megan. Smaller income, smaller apartment yes but I don't want to live with a lying cheater in same house."

I was in the best place in the right time. It was the most important not to spoil my good opportunity. I wanted to approach my goal slowly. I do not know now how I became such brave to offer him something interesting the late afternoon. I mentioned Simon was very sympathetic and I loved him honestly, but I was not sure about my plan entirely.

I asked him the followings, " Let's suppose these: What it would mean to you, if you figured out Megan's cheating after some years? Would you forgive her cheating, if your daughters were yours genetically and Megan cheated on you several times long ago?"

He thought my questions for a while and responded, "Amy it's difficult to say I'd forgive her betrayal, but it may be some percentage chance for a reconciliation. I'd began the divorce and perhaps the judge would compel us for counseling. But not any automatic forgiveness she should convince me she changed her nature. I think the higher possibility would be the divorce despite counseling."

I knew I was in the best way, so I moved forward one step, "I'm a woman you're a man and I'd like to understand you totally. Is the biological father state so central importance for you that you'd be willing to take into consideration for reconciliation only in the case of biological fatherhood?"

I could see his deep sadness status became a little relaxed as if he had started to explain something to the students in the college's auditorium. Simon said later my personality, my sympathy, my solidarity and my interest for his family disaster had a very calming effect on his emotions. He is very grateful to me now after many years.

He explained, "Amy, I told you if I was the biological dad of my daughters the chance for a divorce would be high it may be 70-75%, but she could have a 30-25% possibility. Now Megan hasn't any chance. After reconciliation if I looked at my daughters I would remember her betrayal and I would mention her betrayal on me at any family debate. If we remained together either she or I would start a divorce after some years. I know myself I adore my daughters in spite of I'm not their biological father, but all day together with Megan and my daughters the situation will remind me to Megan's betrayal. After a divorce I could adore my daughters easier without remembering for Megan's betrayal all day. I'd be better without her."

I was a woman, so he was a little polite and he avoided the ugly words. Simon didn't say slut, cunt, bitch, etc he did not name Megan at all. He said simply he would divorce her because she betrayed him. This calm conversation was good, because Simon became total relaxed. Simon and I are laughing a lot now, because his calm emotional status helped me to achieve my goal.

I moved forward to the following, "I'm a woman I begin understanding you better. Your own kids are important role to strengthen a marriage and the modern science can give evidence. After divorce what's your chance for your own kids? What's your plan for the future?"

I was very brave, but I did not surprise Simon because he saw my direct questions as the consequence of our calm discussion.

"My chance isn't too good. I'm not a wealthy businessman or other well off people. I'll pay children support, the housing cost and a little alimony from my salary. To find a younger woman who would raise common kids with me from my low income would be a smaller miracle. My future is to find a divorced, widow or single mom with kids and a stepfather's role. An own kid may be a dream. but..." he stopped.

I asked with fear, "What?!"

He found an idea, "I heard about such possibility to sue the biological father to pay the children support and a compensation for the ex husband to raise his biological kids. The court accepts the DNA test results. In that case I'd start my life in better condition. However I live in another state and a PI investigation is an expensive luxury for me. Megan won't give any information about the biological fathers. They could have family now and it would be a shock to my daughters to lose me. The biological fathers would want to participate in the life of my daughters. I'm a scientist I speak on the mathematical language so my best future may be a stepfather's role with the biggest possibility after I have lost my lack of trust all women," he gave it up his idea quickly.

I sighed, I almost became a loser to reach my dream to have my own kids with their daddy.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.