The Career Woman - Cover

The Career Woman

Copyright© 2015 by Duna

Chapter 3: A Pretty Millionaire Voluntary

Amy:

I was a little anxious, when my plane landed in the airport and Simon waited for me. He was tall, brown haired and blue colored eyes man. We introduced ourselves to each other. He was a handsome man with friendly voice. His calm words abolished my nervousness quickly. He took me to my hotel and after a short hotel accommodation time he took me straight to his department. We went to the campus and the paleontology department was on the third floor of a red brick building. He showed me his department and he introduced me to his colleagues.

His right hand was a young professor Ken Aston from Texas, who came here after one year that Simon got his leadership. An old emeritus professor was in his staff who could not get the leadership and he did not apply for it, because he was sixty-five years old, but he and Simon could work fine together. He was a good observer and he was able to piece together the remnants of the fossils like mosaics perfectly. They did the most lectures for biologists and geologists. They had a younger researcher colleague Robert Wysocki and the postdoctoral fellow was a woman from Florida, Maria Gorges.

One of two PhD students came from Main and the second one from Perth in Australia, who were interested in the mammal evolution. There were two laboratory assistants a woman and a man. Simon wanted me to help Kathy Jones, the general secretary of the department. Everybody was nice to me and they were glad, because I would help them to reach their scientific success. Simon showed the all department, but he said the department had a special dry warehouse for the majority of the fossils and only the most important fossils were in the main building of the department.

After the short getting started I went to a Ford dealer by cab and I bought a smaller car (a Focus), because I wanted to avoid any splurge. I went to hire an apartment and I began to settle in. Next days were the shopping days I bought a lot of cloth, kitchen and house things. I told Simon I needed this week for settling in. His colleagues and he were understanding and Simon told me they would wait for me on Monday next week. After three days I left the hotel for my new home. By Sunday the apartment became very comfortable. On Monday Simon and his colleagues showed the department and the complete University in more details. Next day I flew back to Seattle to gather more luggage to move into this new home and to close my life in Seattle. When I packed my suitcases I got enough time to think about my last years of my life in Seattle.

Bill was my last boyfriend in Seattle. He was thirteen years younger than I was. Bill Morton was a major in BA and he was handsome. He helped me when I was in a Mall and I fell to the ground with a lot of purchased goods in my hands. What a lucky both were just after a love disappointment. His girlfriend cheated on him in the college and I was alone too after my last boyfriend left me. After he helped me I invited him into a coffee shop and he was just after he learned his girlfriend extracurricular activity. I had just known the owners sold the firm, where I was the CEO. We both were in fragile state and I ran down to him simply. I think first he thought me to be a good revenge fuck, when I took him to my house. Instead of a revenge fuck we lived together for almost a year.

I knew it is very rare such connection, when a husband is younger six-seven years to the wife and it is long lasting, so I did not build much emotional foundation into this connection. We both were glad for each other, but Bill also knew this would not take long. The sex was great and Bill was very affectionate, but I was lucky to hid Bill from the world. When he was graduate I recommend him to the united company for a job. I had some influence so he got a job there and soon the leaders were satisfied with him. He was very intelligent and had hard working nature. We broke up, when he joined the firm. Later he had family with three children and a good wife. Sometimes I met him at the company, when I was there for giving advice or other aim and we greeted each other, but we kept secret about our past. I was alone again and this voluntary work and the donation were my tasks except for supervising my growing investments.

When I arrived in this city Simon waited me again and he helped me with my huge luggage. Simon and I agreed my work time schedule was free and depended on me. I was excited to assist others in an unknown area. So next day I arrived at nine o'clock by my small car and I went to Simon's office, where I met him and Kathy. Simon told I would work mainly with Kathy and if I found any interesting thing to change we would discuss it with him or together with his colleagues. He told me to be brave to look at everything with fresh outsider eyes, because he and his colleagues lived in the familiarity swamp. He was friendly and encouraging and I signed an official college document that I work as voluntary without any salary, but I am the member of the college and Paleontology department. Simon stood up and we shook hands and he wished much success to our common work.

I began slowly six hours a day, but soon I stayed on for eight hours in the paleontology department several times. I sat in the lectures and I found Simon and his colleague were good lecturers. I looked at the purchases of the department. The general things as cleaning products were central purchased, but the special materials and instruments were bought by the departments independently. I reviewed the department needs and I began to renegotiated the suppliers for cheaper price or better supply conditions. Soon I was the member of the instrument, chemical supplier negotiations and I reached better price or condition from the suppliers. Simon and his colleagues laughed much and they said, I wanted to be a voluntary in order to control the effective use of my donation money.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.