Feelin' His Way Through
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2015 by Cotton Nightie

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Tad Jenkins had a crush on his best friend Mark for years until one day things went too far and Mark freaked out. In the aftermath, Tad tries to come to terms with what being gay means for himself, his friends, and his future.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Ma   Consensual   Romantic   Gay   Fiction   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex  

Mom came into the kitchen while Tad held a cup of coffee under his nose with a dreamy look on his face.

"I take it the date went okay?" she grinned as she poured her own cup of coffee.

"Not bad," Tad said, failing to hide the smile that forced its way out.

"Mark came by last night."

Tad's smile faded away as he took a sip of coffee. "Did you have to tell him I was on a date?"

"Sorry. Did he call you?" she asked gently. Mom still had on her robe and slippers as she joined Tad at the table.

"I tried to talk to him the first time he called." Tad slid his phone over to show the dozen texts and three voicemails he hadn't bothered to check yet.

"Would you like to talk about what happened between you two yet?"

Tad sipped again, then set his coffee mug down with a thud. "I know you always said I could tell you anything, but I'm not sure this is the kind of thing you meant."

Mom flushed and glanced away. "I don't need the details."

"The problem is in the details." Tad shifted in his chair and took a deep breath. "I was a virgin until this weekend."

"Wait," Mom said with her forehead wrinkling. "Do you mean..."

"Like I said, do you really want the details?" Tad chuckled at her discomfort. "Mark and I never had a physical relationship, but you know I've been crushing on him for a long time. On Friday after you left on your date we ended up having sex."

She wrinkled her nose. "Do you mean sex-sex or Bill Clinton sex?"

"I thought you didn't need details," Tad said with a bland expression.

"Sorry," she said and took a sip of her coffee. "Go on."

"It was obviously something I wanted and he didn't seem to have a problem with it until afterwards." Tad struggled with the memory of his rejection. "Imagine you gave your virginity to a guy you really liked, then immediately afterwards he pushed you away like you disgusted him."

The Mama Bear look on her face made Tad a little uncomfortable. "So that's what he kept apologizing for yesterday?"

"Yeah, and that's why I decided I needed to talk to someone who's a little more experienced with ... being gay." He took a deep breath. "Duncan is a couple of years older and has been out for a while. I feel better after getting his perspective. I'm not gonna buy a rainbow shirt or anything but I need to be open about who I am. Mark doesn't know what he wants, but after the way he treated me I'm not sure I'm willing to wait until he figures it out."

"I can't tell you what to do, but I'll stand by whatever decision you make." She reached across the table to take his hand. "I'm know this is weird stuff to discuss with your mother, but I feel so much better knowing what happened and how you feel about it. I don't want you to ever feel alone in this. I love you, Tadpole."

His old family nickname brought a smile, but it was her acceptance and support made his chest tight. "Thanks Mom."


Tad went up to his bedroom to listen to the voicemails Mark left before calling him back. The first was a hangup from his number. The second was a terse request to call him back. The last was from earlier in the morning.

"You said if I can't handle things to end it. So I'm ending it. I'm sorry."

Tad heard the heartbreak in his voice, but he nodded as he deleted all Mark's voicemail and text messages. He texted a reply instead of calling. It's your call. I'll miss you.

Tad changed into his sweats and running shoes, pocketed his phone and wallet, then headed out of his house for a long run. Without really intending to, he ended up near the smoothie place. The shopping center was crowded for a late Sunday morning, with people going to brunch and shopping.

Tad decided it wasn't too desperate to swing by and get a smoothie at The Blend. He didn't even know if Duncan was working, but hoped he was.

When he went through the door he saw a trio of guys from his soccer team at a table up front. They nodded as he passed, so he lifted his chin in response.

Duncan gave him a wicked smirk as he walked up to the counter to place his order. "Blueberry plus protein?" Duncan asked making the girl working next to him glance over with a laugh, then she focused a similar smirk at Tad.

"Yup," Tad said with a chuckle. "Good memory."

"Oh, it certainly is," Duncan hummed and the girl snickered.

"You must be Tad," she said as she rang up his order. "I'm Lacey. Nice to put a face to the name since he won't shut up about you this morning."

That brought heat to Tad's face as he fumbled with his wallet. "Nice to meet you Lacey."

"That'll be five-forty," She said. Tad paid while Duncan finished up with his smoothie.

"Mind if I take a break?" Duncan asked Lacey. When she shook her head, Duncan ditched his apron and came around the counter. Tad sat at a small table in the back as Duncan came to join him.

"Hey," Duncan said as he sat.

"Hey." Tad sipped his smoothie, but couldn't seem to take his eyes off Duncan's face. "I hope you don't think I'm stalking you or anything. I was just out for a run."

"I'm glad you stopped by. I had a great time last night." Duncan leaned in on his elbows, his body language drawing Tad to do the same. "Tiny called me this morning to let me know he approves, whatever that means. Sorry if my friends gave you a hard time last night."

Tad couldn't help glancing at the three soccer players giving the two of them odd looks. "Your friends were great. I had fun hanging out with them. But I don't know if I'll ever be able to return the favor." He shrugged and took another sip.

"I'm sure it's gonna get worse before it gets better. You'll probably lose some friends, but believe me it's so much better once you're out. And when you get to college it gets even easier."

"I already lost one friend," Tad whispered.

"Mark?" Duncan asked and reached for his hand.

Tad turned his palm up to grip Duncan's hand in return, hyper-aware of the scrutiny and judgement he might face for the affectionate display in public.

"Yeah. He left me a bunch of texts and voicemails last night. The last one said he didn't want to be friends anymore."

Duncan squeezed his hand. "You can't control what other people choose to do."

"Yeah." Tad nodded as he stared at their joined hands. The public symbol of their connection made him smile. Duncan brushed his thumb against the back of Tad's hand while Tad fought the paranoia that everyone was staring at them. It turned out holding hands was so exciting it made Tad shift around to give his cock room to grow.

"And on a personal note, thank you for not pulling away when I took your hand." Duncan gave him a wry smile. "Richard would've needed to scratch his nose or check his phone if I'd reached for him."

"I told you I wanna be out," Tad said. "Besides, it's giving me serious wood for some reason. I feel like I'm in middle school." Tad glanced up with a smirk of his own.

Duncan laughed out loud and pulled Tad's hand to his mouth for a kiss. "Thanks! Now I have to go back to work with that on my mind," he said as he let go and stood.

"I'll see you around." Tad grabbed his smoothie and stood to head out.

"I'm glad," Duncan laughed as he went to put his apron back on.

Just as he passed the table with his three soccer teammates, one big guy named Charlie asked, "Hey, Tad, what's with you and him?"

"None of your business," he said with a shrug as he pushed out the door backwards. "See you guys later."


Heading into school the next day he could tell word was already getting around, but it was subtle. Like whispered conversations that stopped when he got close or knowing glances from people he recognized but weren't friends. He made a point to stop by the coach's office during lunch to discuss switching from soccer to long distance running. The coach tried to talk him out of it, but eventually signed off on the change.

So instead of heading to the soccer field for after school practice, he joined a half-dozen other runners he barely knew to run laps around the school grounds. He passed the soccer field about every ten minutes during their practice and each time imagined he felt more eyes on him as the word spread.

When he went back to the locker room to shower and change, the conversations stopped when he passed. After stripping and grabbing a towel he noticed a few of the other guys holding their towels more closely, like the sight of them naked would make him try to fuck them over a bench. It just made him chuff and shake his head. Fucking idiots.

When he got into the communal shower, he hung his towel on a hook and pressed the button to dispense the industrial grade body wash the school provided. While he was soaping up, Charlie gave him a disgusted look and mumbled something under his breath.

"What?" Tad asked as he rinsed the soap off in the weak spray.

"You went fag?" he asked with an incredulous shake of his head.

Tad felt his stomach clench but he refused to ignore the comment. "Why? You lookin' for a date?" Tad laughed at his own question and a few of the other guys in the shower chuckled as well.

Mark was on the other side of the shower room with his back to the group. His head was hanging under in the water, definitely not laughing.

"I just don't get it," Charlie said with a growl.

"There's nothing for you to get, Charlie," Tad said as he turned off the water and grabbed his towel. "It's none of your business." After wrapping the towel around his waist, he headed out of the shower.

"Fuckin' fag," Charlie muttered at his back. Tad saw Mark spin around at his words.

"You knock that shit off, Charlie," Mark growled with a twisted expression on his face. "Or I'll knock it off for you."

"What? You too?" Charlie laughed. "God damned fags coming out of the fuckin' woodwork!"

"Forget it," Tad said to Mark. "Sticks and stones, man. People gonna think what they think." He glanced back over his shoulder at Charlie. "Or not, as the case may be."

Tad managed to get dressed and out of the building without any more confrontations. He was on his shortcut home through the park when he heard Mark calling his name.

"Tad, wait up," Mark shouted.

Tad stood still as his friend jogged up and then they resumed walking towards their houses together. "I'm glad you're still talking to me at least."

Mark nodded and was silent for a moment. "I heard you were with some guy at the smoothie joint yesterday."

"His name's Duncan." Tad said, not wanting to hurt his friend but not willing to lie.

"Are you guys ... together?" Mark was avoiding any direct eye contact, but the pain in his expression was obvious.

"I went out with him because he's a little older and been through this shit himself. I needed to get my head around things and he helped." He paused to consider how he felt about Duncan. "But, yeah, I'll probably see him again."

"Christ, now you're dating a college guy?" Mark asked the sky as he paced in a circle.

"I'm not trying to hurt you," Tad whispered without looking at him.

"I can't do this with you," Mark cried. "My dad would freak right the fuck out and my brothers would kick my ass ever single day."

"I'm not asking you to do anything." Tad stopped and faced him. "Just because I had a crush on you doesn't mean you owe me anything. You told me it's over. I understand. So why are you here?"

Mark was breathing hard as he wiped his nose with the back of his hand. "I don't know."

"Well, I can't tell you what to do. You need to figure this shit out on your own, just like me. Go date some more. Try again with Rachel or someone else. But since there's no hope for you and me I need you to stop fuckin' with my head."

"I can't stop thinking about you," Mark whispered, his face twitching like his head was about to explode.

Tad felt his heart go out to Mark then. "Now you know how I've felt about you for the last year." He turned for home. "I'll see you around."


As the week passed, the novelty wore off. On Friday the rumor that Paige Miller was pregnant and planned to keep the baby took the heat off of Tad completely. Her friends threw her an impromptu baby shower during lunch which confirmed her predicament and delighted the rest of the student body with her panache.

Paige stood up in the middle of cutting the cake to announce that since Charlie Johnson denied being the father, she was proud to announce she was carrying a miracle baby. The lunch room fell apart laughing while Charlie looked like hot murder.

When Tad finished his lunch, he passed Charlie to throw his trash away and heard him mutter, "Fuckin' faggot."

Tad couldn't resist muttering back, "Rather be a fag than a deadbeat dad."

Charlie roared out of his seat, swinging his fists to catch Tad hard on the mouth. Seeing stars, Tad fell down while everyone backed away with their cell phones out to take videos. A few of the guys sitting near Charlie grabbed him and held his arms while Tad stood up wiping the blood from his lip.

"It's probably better a homophobe like you won't be raising Paige's baby."

"Shut your fucking hole, faggot!" Charlie struggled to get free from the guys who were holding him. "You better watch your ass or I'm gonna beat it every fucking day!"

"Was it worth it?" Tad asked as he took a napkin from a girl offering him one. "Now your kid's gonna have a jailbird for a dad because I'm pressing charges."

The school security officer ran up and began asking questions while one of the lunch ladies brought out a zip bag full of ice for Tad's swelling lip. Charlie must have realized he'd fucked up because he started making up stories about what Tad said to incite him. The people nearby clarified that Tad was only walking by when Charlie attacked him without provocation and the cell phone videos only confirmed the truth.

By the time the police showed up to take official statements and arrest Charlie, Tad saw his Mom running up in her business suit.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.