Living Next Door to Heaven 2
80: River of Life

Copyright© 2015 to Elder Road Books

Coming of Age Sex Story: 80: River of Life - Brian and his clan have survived high school, have found love, have formed into casa, and are ready to move to El Rancho del Corazón to go to college at IU. Rhonda has come out of her shell, is the new producer for their TV show, and is Brian's newest lover. The parents are all behind the clan moving in together on the ranch that Anna purchased and leased to them. They are ready to conquer the world. It should be easy from here on. Right? RIGHT???

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Rags To Riches   Polygamy/Polyamory   Anal Sex   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Safe Sex   Nudism  

We called it a river. Really it was just a bed of smooth stones—pea gravel—with occasional large stones interrupting it. It was where we'd brought Lexi's ashes and placed memorial plaques for Lexi, Denise, and Jack Raymond. I never thought of how my special on E! and subsequent television talk show appearances would turn this into a public shrine.

"Papa Sly, is this okay?" I asked as we walked together toward the back of the ranch. "We never intended for it to become a tourist attraction. I'm afraid I've dishonored her." We walked in silence and I was worried that he was offended. John always took a lot of time to consider a question and then answered carefully. Sly wasn't like that. He would rip an answer off immediately and justify it later. Having him silent disturbed me. We stopped where the gravel path began and took off our shoes.

"Let's walk the path," he said.

For having only a few days to put things together, the clan had done an amazing job under Angela and Rachel's guidance. There was a straight path that led up the left side of the property—actually on the other side of the fencerow on John's property. After it passed the vegetable gardens and the main part of the pasture, it stopped and turned into the pasture where a gravel path about three feet wide began. It was paved with the same type of pea gravel as the River of Life, but where the river had multicolored stones, the stones in the path were all gray. This path was not straight. At first it made a gentle arc and then split into two paths. A simple arrow pointed us to the right hand path. This path bent gradually toward and into the woods, and then wound back down to the edge of the River. The path touched the River at that point, but a simple white chain directed us around to the right. The path went away from the River and we lost sight of the garden behind the hedge before it wound back to run parallel and touching the River. This happened two more times with the path winding away and then back to the river. At the last point where it touched, a basket of stones sat. A small sign read, 'If you wish to create a memory of someone who has gone before, gently cast a pebble from this basket into the River. Please do not leave other mementos. Thank you.'

Sly and I each picked a pebble from the basket and after a moment's hesitation, tossed it into the River of Life—just a field of like pebbles. I sighed and heard a sigh from Sly as well.

"I think it is right, don't you?" Sly said. "We are not making it a commercial attraction. There will certainly be some who come only to see the site. But most, I believe, will come in a spirit of respect and will find some small comfort in casting a stone in memory of their loved ones. She caused us to build something simple to remember her and our tribe. But like many simple things, it has come to mean so much more to so many others. Personally, I am looking forward to the day that my ashes join my daughter's." He paused and looked at me. "But not before I have grandchildren by my other daughter!"

We laughed. Actually laughed. He put his arm over my shoulders and we continued on the path, which led into the woods and eventually rejoined a few yards from where the gravel path had begun. We put our shoes on and turned toward the house.


Amber was waiting for us on the path back to the house. She didn't seem to be looking toward us at first, but out toward the garden. Sly sighed.

"There is a young woman who needs us," Sly said. "Her parents abandoned her—abused her. Her best friend was murdered in front of her. She has nightmares and feels guilty. Sound familiar?" he asked. I nodded.

"What can I do, Sly?"

"Nothing. Amber, honey, are you waiting for us?" he called out. She turned toward us.

"Papa Sly, can I just ... Is it okay just to walk with you a while?"

"Of course it is," he answered. "Do you want to go out and spend a few minutes with her before others arrive?" Amber nodded. Sly put an arm around her shoulders and turned back the way we'd come. "I never get tired of visiting her. I'll see you later, Brian." He and Amber kicked their shoes off at the beginning of the path and continued to walk along with Amber leaning against him.

You can't replace a daughter. But I guess you can't turn a blind eye to a daughter in need, either.


There was a line of visitors at noon. Whitney and Judy organized cousins to direct traffic to the studio parking area where other cousins and parents directed pilgrims to the path. Along the path, clan cousins joined the procession and explained what people were about to experience, asking them politely to respect others visiting and the memory of those who were at rest. Of course, Rose, in her full ceremonial robes, stood at the beginning of the path.

"We are not placing restrictions and a lot of rules on people," she said as each group stopped at the beginning of the path. "Respect for our loved ones and respect for each other is all we ask. There is no rule about it, but if you are able to do so, we recommend removing your shoes before you walk this path. You will like the feeling of the stones beneath your feet. Please do not cross the white chains that separate the stream from the river at the four points where they touch. At each of those four points, you will find a basket of pebbles. If you would like to commit the memory of a loved one to the River, please gently toss a stone into the River. Please do not leave any other mementos or gifts. Thank you and continue in peace."

About twenty at a time were allowed through and Rose sent another group five minutes later. April and Jason were stationed unobtrusively near the garden with cameras trained on the pilgrims. There were people from the clan stationed about every twenty yards all the way from the barn around the entire route, making sure that no one needed assistance. It was a cloudy day, but the temperature still was near ninety. Every other station had a cooler of water. We'd learned our lessons about heat and dehydration two years ago.

I saw amazing things that day. Nearly three hundred people made the circuit in the two hours we kept the gates open. Some folks were laughing when they started the journey, but once people set their feet on the gravel, something changed. I could name the four stations after what I saw there. Expectancy. Memory. Sorrow. Release. A few people tossed pebbles into the River of Life at the first station. Many people tossed pebbles at the last station. A lot of people left the garden in tears. Making their way back to the parking lot, most were silent. I noticed that people became quieter on their approach after they started passing people returning. The few people who kept their shoes on at the beginning removed them by the time they were half way around. Many did not put their shoes back on until they had reached the parking lot.

We waited until the all-clear bell rang before slowly making our own way around the path. Several of us stepped into the river to rake the stones and create patterns that were reminiscent of water. We also raked the path smooth.

It was less than an hour after the gates closed that we all were out of the field and back in our homes. We felt like we had done a good thing.


Monday, life quieted down a little. Sort of. The truth was that we were all so tired from the frantic week and weekend past that no one wanted to get out of bed. We'd seen something beautiful take place over the weekend, but it was exhausting and emotionally draining.

"We can't do that every weekend," I sighed as I cuddled Rose and Dani to me. "It's not fair to the clan to expect everyone to work that hard just because we all loved Lexi. Or for any other reason. We have to continue to have our lives. The River of Life has to flow back into us."

"Yes," Rose said. "This time, I have to agree with you."

"You make it sound like you don't often agree with me," I chuckled.

"Oh, I do, lover. But sometimes you cut to the chase faster than the rest of us. We've always tried to get you to take it easy and share the pain—that you don't have to do everything alone. But now that we are all sharing it, we realize that this is really too much for our little clan. We could exhaust ourselves before school starts this fall. We don't want that to happen. I'm afraid it could derail production and that is our livelihood."

"What do you suggest?" I asked. "Close it? Open just once a month?"

"I think ... mmm ... um ... If that is your cock in my pussy and Danielle holding us, and I can see Rhonda just waking up, who is downstairs cooking breakfast?" Rose asked. I really couldn't focus on that question with the cock and pussy in question requiring all my attention.


"Everyone is tired this morning, but we knew you guys would be especially exhausted," Dawn said as she ladled out sausage gravy on our fresh biscuits. Cathy was putting a patty of sausage on each pile. When we stepped past the two girls, Dolly and Debbie were ready with an egg to top it off.

"This is so nice of you," Angela said. "I didn't even wake up until I smelled the sausage cooking." We settled at the table and the four girls joined us.

"I didn't know you two cooked," I laughed, looking at Dawn and Cathy. "This is delicious. Thank you."

"Theresa's been giving me lessons," Dawn blushed. "And Debbie and Dolly coached us through things this morning."

"Well, thank you," Rose said. "It means a lot to us."

"We have ulterior motives," Debbie said. Uh-oh. Dani scowled at her sister. "Don't worry, honey. It's nothing like that," Debbie laughed.

"This weekend, several sorority sisters from Gamma House and Theta House came out to walk the path. They were really moved, especially to see us all standing along the path and greeting people. Rose, you really made an impression," Dawn said.

"Several sisters stopped to talk to us," Cathy added. "They want to help."

"Help? How?" I asked.

"Everybody realizes that opening our home—the ranch and village—to visitors on Saturday and Sunday must put a terrible strain on us who live here," Dolly said. "They really appreciate what the clan did and would like to act as the honor guard sometimes. Both Gamma and Theta have volunteered and so did Lambda fraternity. I think that others in the Greek society would want to help as well. We thought we could reduce the strain on the clan and tribe by having them stand along the path and give the introductions."

"That's very nice of them to volunteer," I said. I mulled the concept over as I chewed the sausage. I could tell everyone else at the table was thinking about what it would mean to have virtual strangers taking over the role of guardians, even occasionally.

"I think we should have a meeting of the casa representatives with the sorority and fraternity representatives," Rose said. "This affects everyone." I nodded in agreement.


One of the things we had all missed as we were responding to the vandalism, running across the country, and building the pathway was the delivery of another house in the village. This was a larger one and belonged to Casa del Agua. Actually, Doug and Doreen's parents had funded the construction, but the casa was moving into it. With four adults and a child, plus Rachel's design office, the original little duplex was just too crowded. The new home was spacious. Each of the adults had private space plus a communal bedroom. There were three children's rooms and an additional bedroom with en suite bath for the parents to have when they visited. It had a full finished basement that included a playroom and Rachel's office. I could tell Matthew, Eleanor, and Leon would have some fun there. And...

I was about to become a father again. Danielle had assured me frequently that it was our daughter.

I went to dinner at the new house Monday evening. It seemed like forever since I sat with my other family and held Matthew in my lap while we ate and joked together. My son was nineteen months old. I was wondering at what point we would start to talk about his age in years instead of months. I wasn't sure what mystical age or event occurred that marked that point. It wasn't walking, because he was off my lap and on the run as soon as he had enough food to hold him. Sandy laughed.

"He'll be back at the table wanting more in a couple hours," she said.

"Well, at least he isn't getting it from Mommy's tits any longer," Doreen said. "After he got teeth, breast-feeding wasn't nearly as fun."

"I take it you don't want me to bite your nipples tonight," I laughed.

"I didn't say that. Just keep it little nibbles and don't chew on them."

We relaxed and just talked about life for a while. I could hardly believe that at twenty-one, Doug's hairline was receding.

"Doug, is family life being hard on you? Your hair is thinning. Ladies, you should take it easy on him."

"Not a chance," Rachel growled. "We like it hard."

"You've met our mom's dad," Doug said. "He's been a cue ball since he was eighteen. They say it skips a generation."

"Since it passes through the female line, it has to skip or all the women would be bald. I wonder if it will affect Matthew," Doreen mused.

"I'm not that into genetics," I said. "I just know that we all have an incredibly wonderful son."

"And it's time to get little sister in the hopper," Doreen said. She tugged at my hand. "There's three other parents to put the boy to bed tonight. Come on, Papa. I've been waiting too long." I followed Doreen to the second master bedroom. She closed the door behind us.

There were no clothes to remove. The entire family had been naked at the table except for Matthew's diaper. He was beginning to understand that the potty was related to permission to go naked. He was making a lot of progress. It was a unique approach to let him run around naked after he'd used the potty. He'd started to ask for it just so he could take his clothes off. Especially when he was around Eleanor, who had already figured out the system.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.