Timepiece - Cover

Timepiece

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 24

Psst, David. Over here.

I jumped.

“You know,” I said, “Since you can speak in my thoughts, why whisper?”

Oops. That brought me to the immediate attention of the Trooper at the door.

“What?” said the State Trooper.

“Did I speak?”

“Yes,” he said.

“Odd, that,” I said. “You’re sure?”

“Yes, you spoke,” he said.

“Hmm,” I said, “What did I say?”

“What?”

“You said that,” I said.

“What?”

“Yes.”

Suddenly, the trooper was on his lapel mike, then he was listening to his coily earpiece. He turned to me and said, “Don’t leave. The Sergeant wants to speak to you.”

“I’ll just stand over there, then?” I pointed off to the left of the door. That was the direction I had heard the Powers speak.

(Hmm? A voice in my head has direction?)

Yes, David. Over here.

Wendy appeared in the darkness.

I kissed her, “Hello babe. How’s my girl?”

“In trouble,” she said, “I think.”

“Innocent you?”

“Yup, I turned down a MSU footballer,” she said. “He wouldn’t take no for an answer ... am I really that cute?”

“I’m prejudiced,” I said. “You’re the most beautiful wife I ever had.”

“I’m the only wife you ever had,” she said.

“So?” I said. “You’re the most beautiful girl in the world. Married to anybody else I’d be married to number two.”

“Silver tongued devil,” she said. “I know one of your faults.”

“What’s that?”

“You’re blind.” Wendy said. “I have a mirror, I know what I look like.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.