Timepiece
Chapter 22

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Seven said, “I know the lottery is the way most of you people account for your money.”

Wendy shrieked!

“Oops! Sorry about that,” the Powers that Be said in harmony. “Where are you going?”

Wendy was heading for the bedroom door. “You scared the pee right outta me. I need to change panties.”

“Want company?”

“No,” Wendy said, just as the bedroom door closed. It’s not like I’m going to the ladies room in a bar. I don’t need company at home.

Okay, thought the Powers, You people are weird.

Wendy shrieked again. STAY OUT OF MY MIND!

We can’t. You need to learn to block.

Wendy came storming out, fresh panties in hand, “You mean, it’s possible to put up a mind block?” She sat on the couch and slipped on the undergarment. She smoothed the fabric and checked for fit, stood and shook the skirt down and continued, “How do I look?”

“Yes, and great,” said self-appointed spokesperson Seven, “Going someplace?”

“Girls night out,” said Wendy.

The Powers discorporated ... un-incorporated ... discombobulated ... separated into their several parts.

The girls, Seven, Five, Three, Two and One, said, “May we come? Please?”

The guys, Six and Four, asked, “Where’s David? We’ll keep him company.”

“Gods!” Wendy said, “That is sooo disgusting. Ya’ll make me want to puke when you do that.”

“We haven’t had a good time with the girls since ... since ... forever, we wanna go too,” said Seven.

“Promise you won’t cause any trouble?”

She got five nods.

So, the five women, dressed in the latest dance fashion, piled in the Dodge Town Wagon, along with Wendy, driving, and Annabelle, shotgun, and headed out. They were going to Alice’s Restaurant, a sprawling five story dance and concert venue featuring five live bands, male strippers, exotic drinks and great fun ... if one likes that sort. A four star in Grand Rapids between two hotels, Wendy had already called ahead for reservations and rooms ... she checked and increased her reserves. She was planning on spending Sunday recovering. Annabelle had the very best of official fake ID’s and looked the part, while Seven brewed up passports and licenses for everybody else.

David:

I was fishing; Coho salmon ... or so I said. I had the tackle and the license, but mostly I was napping in the chair with a bare hook in the water. Being a multi millionaire is hard work and I ... Okay ... I was fishing. Sometimes the brain stops ... it’s nice to be able to afford the down time. I was planning on surprising Wendy and Annabelle later, but Six and Four were waiting at the dock ... and they had plans for me.

You know, I’d never been to a nudie bar. That was an experience I won’t soon forget. The nudie bars in Bangkok are something special.

I’d never been to Ancient Greece either ... the boys and their watches took care of that. It’s pretty smelly and boys and men are more than popular.

World War Two in Europe? I’d as soon not go there again ... although, I now know where Goering’s gold is hidden.

19th century whaling?

I am beginning to wonder about Six and Four. We’ve been elephant and tiger hunting in 18th century India, Burma and Tibet.

Ever seen a fifty foot long Burmese python? I have ... now.

Watched the San Francisco earthquake?

Seen Mrs. O’Leary’s cow start the Chicago fire?

Saturday, September 1, 1923, an earthquake later estimated at between 7.9 and 8.3 Richter, killed 105 thousand people in and around Tokyo, Japan. The tsunami caused by the quake reached the California coast just as Destroyer Squadron 11 was making a turn in heavy fog. Nine of the 14 destroyers went aground off Honda Point, Lompoc, Santa Barbara County, California. We got to watch. I’m beginning to think the guys are fascinated by disaster. The earthquake may not have caused the ill-fated too soon turn but it was blamed for it.

“Not the disaster,” said Four, “But the aftermath.”

“Coulda fooled me,” I said.

The series of death and destruction vignettes took centuries ... unless you have time traveling gods in tow. We were gone about fifteen seconds home time. Then we went to the Antler and had a Wendy burger(no known relation) and Canadian thick cut fries ... mmmm ... watered and salted white vinegar.

“I intended to surprise Wendy and Annabelle at the dancehall,” I explained.

“You don’t want to do that,” said Six.

“Why not?”

“They’re having a VERY good time, Seven and the girls are with them,” Four said.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.