Timepiece - Cover

Timepiece

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 10

Timepiece: 10.

"I ... T," we shouted like twins.

Seven gave us such a look.

Six said, "If you had clicked your heels you might have ended up in the closet at the Addams Family mansion. "Now ... repeat it with me, There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home."

"Hello, Tom. Hi, Six. Were you supposed to come?"

The look on his face told me he wasn't.

OOPS.

There was a mass invasion of next-door neighbor.

"Hi, Doc."

She swung her shotgun in my direction and said, "Whenever you go, you're taking that damn cat when you do." She gave Six the thrice over, "Who is this handsome galoot?"

"Doc, this is the god Six, Six, this is my rowdy next-door neighbor, Doctor Janine. Six, Janine. Janine, Six. Close your mouth, both of you."

"Medical?" asked Six.

"Yup ... why?"

"I was afraid it was Doctor of Divinity," Six said.

"Nope ... Oh ... OH!" Her eyebrows disappeared out of sight.

She snatched his hand and the two were running out the door.

Tom twined Wendy's legs and purred. Really loud.

"Who stuck you with the name Tom?"

He glared at me, tossed his tail straight up, crooked it and pointed the bent end at me ... then I noticed he was a she and it was highly evident.

"He did?"

"Rowwell," Not Tom said.

"What is your name, my pretty?" Wendy said.

Pyewacket, Not Tom said, And don't you forget it.

"Oh ... the Pyewacket from the movie Bell Book and Candle?" Wendy asked.

Not, said Not Tom, And you better stop using THAT name. I don't like it.

She gave me a look ... Good Lord ... Cats can do it too.

She turned to Wendy, That Pyewacket ... the one in the movie wasn't even close ... but he was the best the writers could do. Hollywood was just getting an imagination.

Then she turned back to me, I am THE Pyewacket. Descended, of course, from the original Mau of Egypt. How is it that you hear me now?

I pointed at Wendy, "It's all her fault," I said.

"Mine?" said an indignant Wendy. "How is it my fault."

"You hold the watch."

"Oh ... okay," she said. "So, the watch does more than Time."

"Evidently," I cringed, "If you hear the cat and I hear the cat ... does that mean we can hear each other?"

Oh, I never thought...

Ooo ... technicolor thoughts.

I see... she thought, ... It's that old time movie color.

Everything is more colorful than nature?

Pyewacket interjected, What's color?

That's going to take some time. I thought I was thinking to my self but I wasn't.

Why? Pyewacket said.

You have no personal form of reference.

Wendy said, Cats don't see in color.

That fellow you brought with you?

Six?

Yeah, him ... Six.

What about him?

He's a god, you said so. Pyewacket sounded eminently reasonable, Tell him to fix it.

That should be interesting. Wendy said, "Now, big guy. How are you going to handle this?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.