Timepiece - Cover

Timepiece

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 9

Timepiece:9.

Holy Shit! The Taxes!!

I had no idea!

Wendy and I are supporting 12 Congressmen ... by our selves! Or ... the President, Vice President, Speaker of the House and the Sergeant to Arms ... and I can't even talk to them about how they spend my money!

If this were England, I'd have been knighted by now.

Wendy would have been Damed.

Dame ... knighthood for girls. Gives a whole new meaning to South Pacific ... there is nothing like a dame ... nothing in the world.

And tea ... Elizabeth would have had us for tea before the government reamed us a new one.

So ... she's 18 ... I'm 24 ... I asked ... she said No.


and burst out laughing.

"You should see your face," she said. "But, really ... can't we just live together?"

Hmm? Short busty Redhead (definitely a capital R with that) that wants to cohabit. "Handfast?" I asked.

She squinted and lowered her brow. "How long?"

"Year and a day?" I replied, "If we don't like it ... we don't renew."

"Where?"

"Go to Witches Voice on the computer and see what's close," I suggested.

She messed around looking.

"I've tried dot com, dot org, dot net. Nothing. Spell it," she said.

"IT."

"Smart ass!"

"W I T C H V O X dot C O M," I said.

"You didn't say that ... you turkey," but she was laughing.

Wendy typed it in..."Got it ... ooo ... great site. I didn't know you were pagan," she looked at me with just a bit of happiness in her features.

"I'm not ... I'm wicca ... there's a difference."

"Me too ... but not Gardnerian Wicca," she said. "Buck..."

"Buckland's Bluebook," we said together and followed it up with, "Llewellyn's Practical Magick."

"Yeah, you've read it," she said. "Where are your accouterments?"

"At home ... back wherever that is."

"Seven!"

"Now what?" asked the Powers that Be.

"How do we get to David's house?"

"Are you sure you want to go?"

"We need to pick up some things..." she saw the look ... amazing ... even the Powers can do the over the glasses and down the nose look. "For a handfasting."

"Ooooh ... can we come?" TPTB asked.

"Where? To David's," Wendy misconstrued, "I guess. You can help carry."

"No ... to your wedding," said Six.

"IT is NOT a WEDDING!" said Wendy.

"Sure it is," said Seven.

"Uh huh," agreed the rest. "You just don't have to worry about child support or alimony."

"Yeah," said Seven, "There's no divorce."

"Besides ... our watches work in the future," they said as a group.

"Well ... unless we go to David's world ... what?" she said.

"It's not a world," said TPTB.

"It's not?" I asked.

"It's a reality ... it's just across the way and over the meadow." Six said, "You can see it if you really try."

"There's no meadow," Wendy said.

"Sure there is ... look over there," Six said. He pointed at the homes across the way.

"It's houses," I said.

"Take Wendy's hand, cross your eyes ... tap your heels together three times and say, There's no place like home three times. Don't look at me like that. What? You think that's just a movie? Even movies are based in reality," Six said.

"If the mind can imagine it ... someday ... someone will do it," Seven said.

TPTB said, "Join hands, cross your eyes ... don't ... close ... them ... you need to see where you're going. If you close them, you might never get back. Now say it."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.