The Broken Watch
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Tom ended up being a reasonable companion for David. Since he had come home, Tom was doing his level-headed best to train him ... and doing a decent job.

Head butts and a vocalization had David headed where Tom wanted him to go. After a while ... David seemed to notice that Tom vocalized the same sounds to go with the head butts. He made a different sound when someone was at the door ... front ... and another sound for the backdoor. Eventually, a conversation began. David didn't get it right every time but he was learning and Tom had hopes.

Although he didn't know it, David talked to Tom about Wendy. Tom was duly responsive. When David said Her, She or That Girl, Tom recognized it and responded with one of his 991 different vocalizations.

Most of the discussions included the notion that he missed her ... far more than he cared to admit. He didn't mind that she was 14 in actual time because he was only 11 years older ... and he didn't mind that she was 35 ... he was ten years younger.

Actually ... he didn't mind anything about her ... except that he worried about her head. If she truly was the age she looked then he was willing to overlook the teenage angst that besets most American teens. She would grow out of it.

If she was the age her birthdate specified he expected her to understand he was a simple minded male. Not that he considered himself suffering from that condition ... what untrained male does?

Tom always demonstrated that he understood by vocalizations and other catty methods of agreement ... or disagreement ... like cleaning his ass when he disagreed and cleaning his paws in agreement.

David didn't mind admitting the facts to Tom ... Tom could keep secrets.

David, and Tom ... were at the sink washing the watch pieces when the Powers that Be, recovered it. And since David had his hands full of watch ... and since Tom was helping ... when the Powers that Be picked up the watch they picked up David ... and Tom.

Seven said to Six, "You never do anything right."

"You know that," said Six. "You've always known that. I followed your instructions to the letter ... if you don't like the way I do the things you tell me to do ... do it yourself."

"Can't you use a little common sense," Seven said.

"If I do it my way you complain," he said. "If I do it your way and it doesn't work out like you wanted, it's my fault. It's always my fault. Common sense is out the window when you're around."

"You got something right," she said. "It's your fault."

"Well ... he's here ... he knows about us ... and he brought that damn cat ... you know I have allergies," complained Six.

"I wish you two would quit arguing about it," Four said. "Wendy really needs our help and it took us long enough to find her that she needs us Now. She's one of our best and we'll lose her if you don't get it together ... and that will make the All-Mother exceptionally pissed."

Two said, "We don't need her interfering, She has a way of expressing her displeasure that is exceptionally uncomfortable."

The rest of the Powers agreed.

Seven simply hates being overruled. Repercussions are sure to follow.

While the discussions were taking place, David was seated at Wendy's bedside holding her hand and telling her stories from memory.

Lots of luck with that.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.