Vacation on Rehome - Cover

Vacation on Rehome

Copyright© 2015 by Gordon Johnson

Chapter 14

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 14 - Three sisters get the chance of a vacation on a new planet, and they get a major surprise while on their travels, as does their tour guide.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Drunk/Drugged   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Robot   Space   Group Sex   Polygamy/Polyamory   Interracial   First   Pregnancy   Teacher/Student   Military   Politics  

Diane told him, "You don't want to know what my staff are up to. Suffice it to say that we are looking into a complaint passed to Mary, and I hope to be able to resolve it after tomorrow."

Mary added, "And I had a frustrating day at work, so I am feeling in need of my husband's loving."

Helen was feeling left out, so said, "I just love my man."

Bob stood back and admired them. "Well, I see three whiteys. Where is my black woman? Ruth should have a say in this."

Diane said to him, "She is probably working late. We haven't heard, so she can't be very long. We'll get the dinner started, in the meantime. Mary, love, are you prepared?"

Mary grinned. "It has been in the slow cooker since this morning. It should be ready about now."

Bob was still standing with his back to the front door, when it opened and banged into him.

"Oy!" he exclaimed. "That hurt!" Stepping out of the way of the door, he allowed it to open fully to admit Ruth. The black psychologist apologised, "Sorry, my love, but you should know better than to stand behind the door. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a bump. It was more the surprise than anything. Are you part of this love-in attack?"

"Love-in? Not so far, but if there is a party of that kind, count me in!" She reached over to kiss him tenderly. That started off a round of kisses; no-one wanting to be left out. Diane insisted that Mary and Helen get down to the table preparation for the meal, and that stopped play.

The next afternoon, while Diane was relaxing with a book on her phone screen, she was interrupted by a phone call. It was Fred, her second-in-command.

"Hi, boss. How are you doing?"

"Hello, Fred. I am taking things easy, making sure that my baby doesn't get over-stressed."

"Great. I thought you should know that an audio recording has come into our hands, of a businessman instructing a minion to commit a crime. It was sheer serendipity. My team were learning new techniques. They were practicing how to use some new eavesdropping equipment, and just happened to overhear a criminal instruction being made."

"Now that is interesting, Fred. Surely instructing an employee (I presume it was an employee) to commit a crime is itself a breach of our criminal justice system?"

"Indeed, that is so, ma'am. Do you wish us to proceed with getting full details and interviewing both the instructed employee and his employer?"

"I think that would be the correct approach, Fred. It is a pity I was not around when you uncovered this criminal action. In the circumstances, I think you should take it further yourself, and I will get the full information once I am back at my post. Is this apparent criminal act localised, allowing a local jury to examine the case, or is this an example where the ramifications are much wider, and so the Governor needs to examine the case?"

"Ma'am, the circumstances involve threatening behaviour to potential business competitors, so it is of wider economic concern. As such, I believe the Governor will have to act, once he is given the case file. Does that mean that you should step aside, being the wife of the Governor? After all, one would not want any hint of incorrect procedures in the process of investigating this criminal act."

"Fred, I am glad that you have reminded me of this obligation on my part. It is my duty to abide by proper procedure. Please proceed with no reference to me in the matter, so that the case remains without any smidgeon of mismanagement."

"Very well, boss. You have acted correctly in all respects, so I shall prepare the file and submit it to the Governor for action. I shall place a note on the front that you have withdrawn, without any involvement in the matter, in order that your relationship to the Governor will have no bearing on the judicial case."

"Thank you, Fred. The matter rests with you. I shall return to work once you have sent the file to the Governor. Goodbye for now."

Diane put down her phone, smiled to herself with satisfaction. After that, she decided to go through to the younger children and enjoy some quality time with them. Life was good.

At dinner that night, Bob remarked to Diane, "Darling, with you being off work, you may not know about this: Fred phoned to tell me he has a case that he needs me to judge: some sort of strong arm treatment of business competitors, it seems. We can't have that on Rehome."

Diane acted surprised. "Oh, yes, dear. Fred phoned me to say he had a case that would be going to you for judgement, and advised me not to return to work until it was in your hands. I am taking his advice. That was the correct action, am I right, Bob?"

"Quite right, my dear. And I cannot discuss any details with you, either. I shall leave Fred to notify you of my decision after I deal with it. Now, changing the subject, today we recorded on our files a contract between the rail network and Rehome Deliveries. They have sorted out a deal whereby the rail network transports parcels at an annual fee based on the total number of parcels shipped. This will be good earner for the railway, and an excellent deal for the parcel firm too. There was a rider about dealing with bulk supplies. It seems they are instituting an experimental arrangement whereby Rehome Deliveries takes on all road aspects, and the railway concentrates on providing the tanker or bulk carrying wagons, and they will test out the connections between the road vehicle and the wagons, for efficient transfer of the bulk goods.

If that works well, that should make Rehome Deliveries expand to delivering not just parcels, but bulk supplies as well. That young Defreitas chappie seems to have his head screwed on correctly, and it bodes well for your investment in the company, Mary."

Mary was delighted at the news. "I hadn't heard yet, Bob, but it sounds good. Mr. Defreitas reports weekly on his activities, so I will hear officially in a couple of days. He will be submitting his financial projections for each aspect of the business."

Bob turned back to Mary, saying "What is the latest on your young protégée, Judith? How is she getting along with the Montford family?"

Mary shrugged. "She is doing fine, as far as I can make out. She has been practicing the bedroom duties of a wife, I gather. I am financing their wedding, including Judith's wedding dress. It is the least I can do, in the circumstances."

"That's fine, Mary. It won't make more than a small dent in your bank balance, so it is not much of a punishment for your laxity that led to the situation. Just keep an eye on her, so that nothing adverse happens. You know how a mere accident can impact on a person."

"Yes, Bob. I know. You don't have to keep harping on about it, darling."

"Sorry, Mary. I didn't mean it that way; just to encourage you to continue your patronage of the girl. She is going to continue as our standby baby-sitter, isn't she?"

"So she says. Of course, if and when she gets pregnant, that may change. She doesn't need to help when Georgina's baby comes along, as Marina intends to help with that chore. It is fifteen years, at least, since she last looked after one of her own babies."

"Well, I want us all to attend the wedding when Judith marries the other three. I feel a responsibility in that regard."

Diane gave a short laugh, "That's my husband: always thinking of other people. As you unfortunately didn't bother to ask how I was, Bob, let me tell you that I have had a nice relaxing day at home, and your children are all happy bunnies. Robert is dressed for bed. He is playing with his train set in the nursery, and will be looking for his bedtime story right after we have had dinner. Oh, and Tessa is also wanting a story. You can decide who comes first. I have noticed that the Little Red Hen remains perennially popular with them."

The following day, when Bob was at his office, Fred arrived to present his file of evidence, seeking a ruling. Bob looked through the data, and asked Fred some pertinent questions. He was mainly concerned about the way the evidence had been discovered. Fred was happy to oblige.

"Governor, we were told that Mr George Montford had encountered some fisherman at the harbour, and in the course of discussion they mentioned that they had hoped to use inedible fish to process into a fish meal fertiliser to sell to farmers, but that a man had since visited them. The man had made threatening noises, suggesting that if they went into this business, nasty things would happen to them. This was what George Montford told us, and we looked into it.

We established that the bully-boy had come from Thomas Ancoma, who ran a fertiliser business that he had recently taken over from his father. This gave us a starting point, so we interviewed some farmers, finding men who had been buying fertiliser from the firm. They said that the company had pushed up its prices considerably, but there was no alternative supplier available.

That showed us what was happening, but we needed evidence that some crime was being committed, as putting up prices is not a crime per se. As it happened, my team had new eavesdropping equipment, imported from Earth, that they still had not practiced using. One points a sensor at a glass window, and gets a reading back of interior noises of various kinds. We had anticipated it being of value in proving marital abuse, where independent evidence is often difficult to find.

I therefore gave them permission to try it out around Mr Ancoma – just for practice, you understand, not with any particular suspicion in mind - and to our surprise my staff picked up Ancoma issuing instructions to harass the group of fishermen, and to do the same with George Montford, both of whom had plans for fertilisers. The quality of the sound made identifying both speakers quite simple. I was impressed with the evidence value of the new, previously untried, equipment.

For that purpose, we attached a listening device to the window of Ancoma's office, such that we could hear and record what was being said inside – just for testing, not anything more, but we happened to pick up a crime. We captured him instructing his man to go and browbeat these fishermen again, threaten them with ill-treatment if they persisted; and then go speak to a Mr Montford, as that man seemed to be interested in the fertiliser business as well. The instructions were similar: threaten violence if he persisted. You have the recording available in the evidence file.

As we had unexpectedly found ourselves in possession of important evidence of criminal intent, my staff took our recording of the conversation back to me, and I confirmed that it was evidence of a crime being committed against the Colony, in that it was an economic crime rather than an offence against the person. I had the original recording sealed at once, in case there was a trial of the evidence, but I made a copy for my report to you. I attest to that being an accurate copy of the recording, Governor.

My report came direct to you, Governor, as my boss, your wife Diane, has been absent, on sick leave, for the last couple of days. She has thus been kept out of the evidence loop, so there is no way that she could be involved in your decision-making process."

The Governor heard the recording, and read a transcript of the voices, and agreed that it was prima facie evidence, compounded by with the previous complaint by George Montford, which had made its way to Fred's office. This was a blatant attempt to subvert the normal economic workings of the community, and therefore a matter on which the Governor could rule, after consulting the Colony's legal staff.

Instructing Fred to remain where he was, Bob immediately called his legal head, and asked for his presence to hear evidence of an economic crime. The expert was there in less than ten minutes, and began going through the evidence for himself. He followed it by questioning Fred in a similar manner to the Governor's queries. He ended by speaking direct to the Governor, "Sir, as the evidence was collected by our officials, and attested here, this is a clear case needing the Governor to pronounce judgement. This Ancoma person is clearly guilty and from my own standpoint, the only available recourse is for you to banish him to Earth, and confiscate his assets on Rehome. Does the man have any spouse or other family, officer?"

Fred quickly replied, "He is known to be a single man, sir, so there are no complications over his banishment."

"Thank you, Fred," said the Governor. "It seems clear that Mr Ancoma is trying to build a monopoly based on threats to any potential competitors, This is clearly a breach of our social structure, and so I am happy to accept that Ancoma is deserving of being sent back to Earth. You mention here that he had taken over from his father. Is the father able to resume running the company?"

Fred gave a twisted smile. "I am afraid not, sir. We asked around, and it appears that he suffered a stroke and is incapacitated. He is permanently retired now."

"Does he have an income from the company?"

"I believe so, Governor. Our records indicated that he retains a ten per cent share of the company."

"Very well, Fred." The Governor paused, then announced, "My judgment is: that the culprit should be deported back to Earth, and the Colony will order sequestration of the company assets, with the proviso that the father will retain his right to the share he already has. We will afterwards offer the rest of the company for sale. I shall issue a document to that effect. Can I leave you, Fred, to serve Mr Ancoma with this judicial decision, and implement it as soon as possible thereafter?"

"Yes, sir. I shall put your judgement into effect at once. My men will take Mr Ancoma into custody pending his deportation. I shall have them close the books of the company, and put the staff on paid leave for the present, except for the bully-boy, who will be sacked. Do you want to issue a judgment on him, sir?"

"No, Fred. At least, not as such. I want you to inform him that he has "volunteered" to join your Security Department training school as a potential recruit, as an alternative to being deported to Earth. Let's see if you can turn his violent tendencies on to a more constructive path, eh?"

Fred grinned, "Yes, sir!", and left. The training school had a reputation for not suffering fools gladly. It was a tough unit, and to flunk it was the ultimate social insult. Passing, however, required a complete change of attitude in favour of serving the community.

Bob decided to inform George Montford of his actions. He phoned him and asked him to come to his office for an important meeting. George, surprised, said, "Certainly, Governor. May I enquire as to the subject of the meeting?"

"In general terms, George. It concerns a fertiliser company. I can say no more on the phone."

"I understand, sir. I shall let my boss, John Frederickson, know of my appointment, and be with you as soon as I can get there."

Within half an hour, George was at the door, and Bob welcomed him in. "Come in, George, and have a seat. Family all fine, I trust?"

George assured him of that, and as soon as they were settled, with mugs of coffee in their hands, Bob announced, "George, you heard about a firm acting in a bullying manner to potential rivals, and got word to Security in a roundabout way."

"That is so, Governor. I felt there was criminal activity going on, but I was not in a position to investigate myself, or be sure if a crime had been committed, legally. I am not familiar enough with your legal system yet. Instead, I put out feelers in what I considered to be the right direction."

"Exactly. The Security Department investigated, as a training exercise for the staff, and came across evidence of the managing director of the company issuing instructions to threaten potential rivals. The evidence was clear, so I have issued my judgment. The man will be deported, and his personal assets confiscated."

"Very good, sir. That is excellent. The local fishermen might be able to get started in producing a fish meal fertiliser now. John and I were also considering that if we found kelp a suitable feedstock for our box making venture, the residue might be made into a seaweed fertiliser."

"Interesting. The existing fertiliser company will be put up for sale to the highest bidder, shortly, but with a proviso: The disabled elderly father of Mr Ancoma is to retain his share in the company. He is unwell from the effects of a stroke and should not be punished for the sins of his errant son.

Now, if you and John are interested in taking over the fertiliser company, you should make a visit and discover if it is worth your investing in it."

"Hmmm. Thank you, sir, but you should be made aware that our venture is a subsidiary of Rehome Deliveries. The major shareholders in that venture are Pam Humbert and your wife, Mary Kempe. Is it ethical for us - or rather for them - to bid for this company, in the circumstances?"

"George, I admire your ethics, but in this case, the criminal case was brought to me by the Security Department, through your contact with Mary. My wife Diane has been off work, unwell, so she has not been involved in any way. Thus, there is no conflict of interest. If Mary and Pam, as businesswomen, wish to invest in the fertiliser firm, as a result of your input after a visit, that is acceptable."

"Very well, Governor, I shall report to John, and we will make a preliminary visit once we are informed that the managing director is in custody."

"That should be happening as we speak, George. I expect we shall be putting the company up for sale as soon as the legal documents are sorted; however, if your principals are prepared to put in a decent offer within a few days, that would save all the administrative effort of putting it up for sale and dealing with the bids."

"Very well, sir. I shall go and speak with John immediately. Goodbye, Governor, and thank you for your intervention."

George hastened back to the company office, where John was dealing with administrative matters. He explained the situation to John, and asked if he would like to visit the fertiliser company right away. John perked up. "George, what a wonderful idea! I need to get a break from all this admin: it is driving me up the wall! Is the place nearby?"

"Gosh, I don't know. Let me phone the Governor back." He punched the Governor's office number. "If the Governor is still there, can I speak to him? It is George Montford." After a moment or two, "Governor, apologies. I forgot to get the name and address of the fertiliser company. Do you have it handy?"

Within moments, George had the name – Ancoma Chemical Company, and its address in Metropolis, and thanked the Governor profusely.

"Right, John. It is just a few streets away. We can walk there, and we can talk about the possibilities as we go. All right with you?"

John readily agreed, and they set off. Eventually they got there, and one of Rehome's Security detail was standing at the door of the company. George explained what they were there for, and the man nodded. "That is fine, gentlemen. The miscreant has already been removed, so you can go in. There is a skeleton staff on duty. Speak to the gentleman at the front counter."

They went in and found a front desk staffed by a flustered young man. "Oh, I am sorry, gentlemen, but the company is temporarily closed for business, and most of the staff are on temporary leave."

"We know, young man. We are here to look at the business, with the possibility of taking it over."

"Oh. Well, in that case you should see the chairman's secretary, who is still here. I shall notify her that you are here. Who shall I say is calling on her?"

"John Frederickson and George Montford."

After warning her by phone, the young man escorted them to the secretary's office, and announced them, "Miss Bellini, these two gentlemen wish to discuss possibly purchasing the business, in the unfortunate circumstances we find ourselves."

The woman behind the desk stood up to welcome them. A tall, slim, big-breasted girl in her mid twenties with a mature poise and a lovely smile, dressed immaculately in a business suit, she radiated a calm confidence that comes from competent control of events under her remit. "Good day, gentlemen. What can I do for you?"

George stepped forward, hand outstretched. "How do you do, madam. I am George Montford." He was expecting John to do likewise, but when he turned to allow John to introduce himself, the scientist was standing, open-mouthed, staring at the girl, entranced by her beauty. "John?", asked George in a puzzled voice. "Do you want to introduce yourself?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.