Faith, Hope, and Destiny
Chapter 12

Copyright© 2016 by Renpet

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 12 - How much control do you have over your future? Is it preordained? Can you choose your fate? Sometimes, life blesses you.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   First   Oral Sex   Petting   Slow  

THE LATE JUNE SUN, even at five-fifteen in the afternoon, was still hot enough to make me sweat lightly under the expansive cream-colored canvass umbrella. I jotted some changes to the script for Even Angels Cry, trying to ignore the report on the glass-topped table next to me, but it was like a spoiled actress with airs - pouting at me for attention.

I was a wimp. I didn’t like having serious conversations with Amelia when the serious subject was her grades. She’d amassed a plethora of C’s and D’s, the lone exception being an A in Music. I wasn’t prepared to let her ride her music talent through her schooling. Yet, even so, I couldn’t help but find it amusing. I’d uncovered another weakness with her. She was evermore normal with each discovery, and more enchanting for it.

The cordless phone saved me when it trilled into life.

“Hello?”

“Why don’t you answer your phone?” an irate Peter asked.

“In case it slipped by you, I am answering my phone,” I pointed out pleasantly.

“Not this phone. Your cell phone.”

“I lost it.”

“Again? Where?”

Did he understand how Kafkaesque this conversation was becoming? “If I knew that, it wouldn’t be lost.”

“Oh. Right. I’ll get you another. This makes three, Mike. Maybe you should consider a lanyard.”

I didn’t want to tell Peter the truth. Rufus had found my lost Smartphone in plain sight on the coffee table. Being the considerate puppy he was, he’d tested it to make sure it was working. Gorilla Glass didn’t live up to its hype; it couldn’t withstand a teething Labrador Retriever.

“I’ll think about a lanyard. What’s up?” I asked my fickle assistant.

“I got a call. Ryan Reynolds’ agent called. Ryan’s interested in playing Cory in the lead role.”

“How the hell are they getting my script? I haven’t even finished it.”

There was a guilty silence at the other end.

“Peter, stop handing it out!”

“But it’s Ryan Reynolds!” he shot back. “Do you have any idea how hot he is right now? We could play Ryan off against Chris and lower the fee.”

The sound of silence was loud. “So that’s a ‘no’ for Ryan?” he asked.

I sighed. Peter was, despite his recalcitrance, an enthusiastic fan of my work. “Tell the agent we’ll consider it ... WHEN I’ve finished the script. What else?”

As he talked, my attention was drawn to Rufus. Covering the mouthpiece, I yelled, “Rufus! Stop eating the flagstone!”

Rufus paused, looked back at me and grinned, tongue hanging, wagged his tail, and went back to chewing the patio.

“ ... so we could move preproduction up to November if we find a director.”

“What?” I asked.

“Warner Bros. wants to target for a summer release, when girls are out of school.”

“You’ve been discussing release dates with Warner Bros?” I asked incredulously.

“They called after reviewing the script,” Peter informed me. “What was I supposed to do? You weren’t answering your cell.”

Lord have mercy!

“Tell them we’ll discuss timing once I’ve polished the script.”

“Okay. How’s Amelia?”

“In trouble with school grades,” I answered.

“Oh-oh. I better go. The other line’s about to ring.”

The phone went dead. I had to smile. If left on my own, I’d happily write scripts and never bother producing them. I loved the creative process, but movie production was a yearlong headache. I’d decided to take the summer off to be with Amelia and finish the script. Peter was resisting, especially when I’d told him he was running the office in my absence. When he complained, I reminded him he was the highest paid assistant in Hollywood. That shut him up. But, clearly, he was trying to hustle the project along.

Glancing at the report on the table, I yelled, “Amelia Destiny!” and girded myself.

“You don’t have to yell,” Amelia announced, stepping out through the open sliding glass wall. She wandered over.

“I...”

“Rufus! Stop eating the patio!” she ordered.

Rufus looked back at her, his eyes so alert to her voice. He froze. His tongue started pushing pieces of stone out of his mouth, his expression talking, “This stuff tastes awful. I was only doing it as a favor to Mike.”

He rose slowly, probably laden with stone, and walked over to the pool, flopping down, paws hanging over the edge, and proceeded to drink pool water. Cleaning his palate for the next delicacy, I thought with a grin. I didn’t miss how he’d ignored me but obeyed Amelia. I had a sneaking suspicion I was no longer the Alpha in this family.

“What did you want?” Amelia asked, settling in a chair.

I tapped the report on the table, St. Bartholomew’s logo prominent on the cover.

“Oh.” She fell silent.

“It’s not good enough, Amelia.”

“But the classes are hard!” she pleaded.

“Music is hard, too. Have you put as much effort into your other courses as you have into music?” I asked reasonably.

“Maybe not,” she admitted, no longer looking at me, her fingernails suddenly fascinating, one nail scraping off flaked blue nail polish from another.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.