Faith, Hope, and Destiny - Cover

Faith, Hope, and Destiny

Copyright© 2016 by Renpet

Chapter 6

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 6 - How much control do you have over your future? Is it preordained? Can you choose your fate? Sometimes, life blesses you.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   First   Oral Sex   Petting   Slow  

It happened inadvertently. By that, I mean Amelia living in my house. The night was cool. We’d finally been blessed with a breeze, so I’d left my bedroom double doors open. I liked fresh air and Los Angeles’ version of cold was Clinton, Ohio’s version of late spring. Gauzy curtains rustled quietly with the breeze coming in from the patio.

Yet, despite it refreshing me, I hadn’t been able to sleep; my mind preoccupied with a new film in development, the script for which I was still wrestling with. Thus, when flashing red strobe lights briefly lit my ceiling, I became curious.

Rising from bed, I glanced out the window. The lights were coming from next door. Worried something might have happened to Amelia, I pulled on a pair of jeans and headed out.

In the Masterton’s drive, a police car and an ambulance had their lights flashing; red and amber lighting the front garden turning blue blossoms black. At the bottom of their drive, a fire truck sat, with firemen patiently waiting. What had happened?

Running up the drive, I was just in time to see medics wheel out a stretcher, Harold Masterton wearing an oxygen mask. Following close behind, Betty emerged from the front door looking flustered and worried in a rumpled dress.

“What happened?” I asked.

“It’s Harold. He’s gone and had a heart attack, the idiot,” Betty answered, her eyes turned to watch her husband being lifted into the ambulance.

“Can I help? Can I do anything?” I asked.

Betty looked at me with a vacant expression.

“Do you want to go with Harold?” I asked. “I can keep an eye on Amelia.”

“Oh, goodness! Amelia! I almost forgot about her.” She started looking around, her hands wringing.

“Betty,” I said softly, placing my hand on her shoulder. “Why don’t you go to the hospital with Harold? I’ll keep an eye on Amelia.” I gave her a gentle push towards the ambulance and, almost zombie-like, she headed over.

I found Amelia sitting in their living room, a grand old room decorated in lemon yellow, large, formal furniture, and elegantly decorated with Degas and Monet paintings. Amelia, dressed for bed in her pale lime cotton pajamas, looked lost.

I sat next to her and draped my arm over her shoulders. “How are you doing?”

She stared at the drawn curtains, amber and red lights playing an eighties disco-like show through them.

“Will Uncle Harold be okay?” she asked. “What happened to him?”

“He’s had a heart attack,” I told her.

She looked at me, her eyes wide and frightened behind her glasses. “Is he going to die?” she asked.

“I don’t think so.”

“I don’t want more people dying around me, Mike,” she said very seriously.

“I’m sure he’ll be fine.”

But he wasn’t. The call came early the next morning. I’d put Amelia to bed in one of my guest rooms. Sun was just peeking over the horizon casting a pure white light that turned the violet blue sky into royal blue.

Harold had passed away. Betty was distraught, understandably so, and she asked if I could look after Amelia for a few days while she came to terms with Harold’s death, made funeral arrangements, informed their friends.

I, of course, didn’t hesitate and told her I would.

I’d never been exposed to silent tears. I didn’t cry, myself. However, as silent tears welled up in Amelia’s enchanting eyes and rolled down her cheeks in large drops after I told her about Uncle Harold, I saw pain, a pain I wasn’t used to. Amelia hurt, not physically but emotionally and it wasn’t a hurt I knew how to ease. I could never understand the pain of losing an uncle after losing both parents. I could never understand how it felt to a young girl; that feeling of desertion, alone in a world full of people. I had no concept.

I did the only thing I could think of; comfort her. Taking her hand as we sat at the breakfast table, I pulled her into my lap, hugging her. Amelia melted against me, her head finding my shoulder and she cried, silent tears changing into small choking breaths, and as full tears arrived, her slender body trembled in my arms.

I murmured to her, little nothing’s that just let her hear the sound of my voice, and held her tight. She cried with such deep-felt angst it made my eyes prickle and I vowed, if it was in my power, I would never let her hurt like this again.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.