Strangers in the Night
Chapter 25

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

"Every now and again, Dal has a good idea," I was looking at Wendy but I was actually speaking to the cop. "Officer Makela, where's a good place to buy a car?"

"What kind of car?"

"Wendy?"

She mumbled the thought around and said, "Rally Racer."

"Hold it, hold it, hold it. Who is driving?," I asked.

"Well ... you're driving to the Lakes and I'm driving the rally," she grinned as she said it.

"Well," said the cop ... and as soon as he said it ... I knew. "Audi Quattro Group B ... a 650 hp Audi S1 Sport Quattro E2. A friend of mine owns it."

"Call him," Wendy said. She had fire in her eyes ... yup ... WE were going historic.

"Call hell," He raised his voice, "Captain ... still wanna sell your rally?"

"Chief!"

From behind an office door, "What?'

"I'm taking off," the captain shouted. "I got a fish for my car."

So ... we went and looked. It gleamed. He started his spiel.

"Carbon Kevlar one piece shell with FIA cage, rear fire wall, sport Quattro bonnet and high level boot spoiler." He was pointing and touching. "Brembo brakes, slave & master cylinders."

His wife stepped into the garage, "Timo ... sell the fucking car ... last chance."

He kept on talking, "LSD, Green Injectors, Lumenition Engine Management, Uprated fuel pumps, Forged pistons, alloy sump, Big Turbo engine" He took a breath, "Front mounted Oil cooler and large radiator, braided hose kit. 3" Stainless Exhaust, long Coil Over suspension with Sport Quattro arms and aluminum strengthening bars."

A pause, "Speedline alloy wheels. 8 sets of tires, rain and dry ... mounted and balanced."

"Raced once," his wife said, "Scared me half to death."

"Oh ... complete factory turnout ... all the original bells and whistles, tools, spares. Step out back."

We did. Original factory sleeper lorry, parts van and car hauler.

"Who do I pay?" I said.

"What? You want it? I never said a price?" the captain stumbled.

"Doesn't matter," I said. "I just bought me a Baltic ... paybacks 're a bitch."

His wife said, "He closed a deal for a hundred, that was four years ago ... the guy's wife stopped that."

"I'll do that," Wendy opened her bag and hauled out the company checkbook ... Valmaat Industries embossed in gold across the front of the BRIONI Italy Brown Genuine Leather Business Checkbook.

"I'll take that," said the wife, as she tore it out of my hands.

The captain handed me directions, not a map ... directions.

I read them out loud, "140 to Lahti to 3131 to 313 to 314 to 410 to 612 to 610 to 607 to Tikkala and take the Ronsuntaipaeentie to Jyväskylä and the hotel."

His wife said, "It's really not far... 168 miles as the swans fly. Most of the way it's 55mph ... except for the towns."

And I'm going to drive to Jyväskylä while Wendy sleeps in the lorry? Yeah ... Right!

"So, where do I pick up 140?"

"Not to worry," he said. "You'll have a Police Escort right to it."

Why do I not like the sound of that?

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.