Strangers in the Night
Chapter 21

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

"Wendy? David? What are you doing here?" Ursula asked.

"I might ask you the same thing, mother," said Wendy.

"You know your father and I are in a convenience marriage," she said.

"True ... just the same..." Wendy said.

Steps clattered on the dock and the boat jiggled a little as someone stepped aboard.

"Ursula? Sweetheart?" a male voice asked.

"Yes, Marcus," said Ursula.

The outer hatch opened, "Bad news, Ursula," then he caught sight of us.

"Who?"

"My stepchildren, David and Wendy Valmaat, Marcus," Ursula said. "What bad news?"

"My rat bastard father, he sold my boat," Marcus Toivonen said. "Some punk rich kids bought her. You two should leave. I need to hide the boat." He motioned to us and nodded at the hatch.

"Nope ... not going," I said.

"Why not?"

"We're the punk rich kids. You need to get off our boat." I wasn't happy. "Mother, you can stay if you want ... but your car is in the Marina parking lot."

"You know I hate it when you kids call me mother," mother said.

Wendy said, "But Evil Stepmother is so ... so ... fairy tale. The story is Grimm but it's much older than that."

"The last thing I need is history lessons by Dal's daughter," Ursula laughed. "I'll drive."

"After we take delivery of provisions, we're going home and clean the boat," I said.

Toivonen said, "But my boat?"

"Not any longer," Wendy said, "You should call your father. He's pissed at you ... you too, mom."

"Ursula ... are you going to let these kids steal my boat?" Toivonen asked.

"Marcus, you were a diversion, something to pass the time," Mother said. "They own the boat ... you do have the paperwork?"

"Yes, mom," Wendy said. "Legally ours. Marcus? You need to pay your bills. Mr. Toivonen was very glad to sell."

"Wait ... your sister? The joke of the Rally ... pregn..."

I hit him ... quite hard, "She was a better driver than you, Toivonen. She'd have been on the podium if she hadn't met that deceased ass."

"Ursula, my node ... I tink it's boke," he said.

"Toivonen, get off our boat before you take a bath!" Wendy shouted.

If anything, Finns are the original rednecks. In my first life they kicked the shit out of the Russians ... not just once ... but twice. We're perfectly willing to do it again.

Marcus Toivonen had spent too much time in the fleshpots of Europe. A driver needs to be fit. A driver needs to be aggressive. A driver needs to stand up to adversity. Factory drivers have lawyers. There's a certain edge they lose when someone else is fighting the battles ... in court, no less.

Toivonen lost that edge.

I picked him up by the belt and back of his shirt...

"David!" Wendy exclaimed, "He's dripping blood all over the floor. Blood is so hard to wash out."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.