Strangers in the Night - Cover

Strangers in the Night

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 15

"What?"

"The second son is everything the asshole isn't."

"Explain?"

"The kid is kindhearted, honest, doesn't waste his money, I like him ... even if he is just 14."

Dal muttered a few words.

"That's Russian," I said.

"You and Wendy are not the only transferees in this household," he said.

Imagine my shock.

He opened his luggage. The longest case held an interesting rifle. It was long, with camo paint and there was a long bag of camouflage cloth and assorted streamers and frayed ribbons sewn to it.

Dal was rapidly losing his Finnish, "Is Dragunov rifle Снайперская Винтовка системы Драгунова образца 1963 года Snayperskaya Vintovka sistem'y Dragunova obraz'tsa 1963 goda, "Sniper Rifle, System of Dragunov, Model of the Year 1963" is a semi auto sniper/marksman rifle. Shoots 7.62x54 Rimmed cartridge."

He touched the scope in the case. There was a bag for the scope.

"PSO-1 optical sighting device is mounting a quick release/attach firmennaya krepleniye ... ah ... proprietary mount. PSO-1 has unique reticle. Rangefinder is in the lower left, chevrons for bullet drop compensation are found in the middle, and stadia marks for windage to the left and right of the center reticule. The reticule is illuminated by a small battery-powered lamp.

"I was using this rifle in Afghanistan when I was transferred. Spetsnaz ... I was in Special Purpose unit when I was struck by lightning and sent to Finland."

"When?"

"Should be interesting... 1980 ... in this universe it's 1916 ... the rifle was first made in 1963 ... this one is number 51 ... very accurate. The 7.62 by54r is the normal round for the Mosin. The Mosin is issue for Russian Front."

"The cat in in the pigeons," I said.

"What?" he was confused. "Oh ... I see ... yes ... the cat is going to hunt a pigeon in Seitz Bunau."

"Udachnoy okhoty." I said.

"Da, Good hunting." Dal said, and gave me such a look.

He closed up his rifle case and opened his clothing case. Wadded up in the bottom was a basic set of camouflage with frayed streamers sewn all over the hooded shirt and baggy pants.

"I'll add the necessary colors when I find my hide."

The castle at Seitz is like a fairytale. Picture the Château de Franconville-aux-Bois with Sleeping Beauty towers ... paint the whole thing glittery white with bright blue trim and roofs ... yeah ... like that.

Then put a 10 foot wall around it.

It took more than three months but eventually Riki got mail.

She didn't know if she should be happy or sad. The rapist was dead ... but so was the father of her child.

Riki wasn't allowed to drive after the pooch began to show, so she didn't place on the podium. We wouldn't have allowed her to drink the champaign anyway.

The third daughter, Hannakaisa, started driving at home ... we bought her a Ford Escort and let her putt around the trails through out fields and woods. When the putt became a high pitched growl, we put her behind the pace notes and let her read the chart for Wendy.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.