Strangers in the Night - Cover

Strangers in the Night

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 2

Strangers in the Night: 2

It was about then that I noticed the date on the magazine, March 22, 1902.

The girl in the sweater came back in the room, picked up her magazine from the floor ... she was wearing an extremely short skirt and it lifted when she bent over. a simple single red ribbon snuggled in the crack of her ass ... it blossomed out to an almost ... but not quite ... transparent wisp of silk that attempted to hide her nether lips.

One thing for sure ... this is not MY earth ... not in 1902... 1999 maybe ... but not 1902. It's not Michigan either ... she'd freeze to death dressed like that in March. March is cold enough to crumble her cookie.

"Hello," I croaked.

Magazine and chair went flying and so did she.

Out the door she went screaming, "Sairaanhoitaja! Sairaanhoitaja! Hän on hereillä!"

I understood every word ... yeah ... right.

A very shapely older woman burst through the door ... she was obviously a Nurse ... White blouse and shirt, white stockings, ridiculously high white heels. Absolutely zero undergarments ... no lines. She leaned over the bed and said, "Sisar kertoi minulle olette hereillä. Tarvitsetko vettä?" She held a glass and bendy straw.

Hmm ... I don't think she'd be offering me Vodka ... but is it water? In for a penny ... in for a pound. I nodded.

It was water. Odd taste though. I was asleep in seconds.

Some time later, I awoke to a man leaning over my bed ... he had the accoutrements ... the paraphernalia accumulated in the normal performance of ones occupation. The black bag with assorted implements of the profession ... the stethoscope one used to see doctors carry ... a hospital badge of identification clipped to the white coat of a physician and I took him at his look.

"Hello, Doctor?" That's what I said ... but it came out, "Heippa, ennen kuin olet keskustellut lääkärin kanssa."

"Ah, vanhaa toteamusta ... joitakin muutoksia." he fiddled with one of the machines attached to the bed. I was asleep again ... and I didn't want to be.

It seemed seconds and I was awake. I could read the machines ... the doctor said, "We made some adjustments ... you are Finn?"

"Half," I said.

"Mother or Father?"

"Mother ... hundred percent."

"Father is?"

"English," I said.

"Mother is the important one ... it's a wise child who knows his father," he said. "You were found in a farmers field. By all the indications, you were struck by lightning. The Recovery Team brought you in and your picture was posted through the country. The young woman recognized you. How came you to be in that field?"

"You're going to think I'm crazy."

"What we are assuming is that you're a transferee from another universe."

All this was said in perfect Finn.

"I was walking to the barn and got hit by the biggest raindrop ever. I distinctly remember shaking my fist at the sky ... I still had my tree pruners in it. I woke up here."

"The boy you replaced was struck by lightning while migrant farming."

"This happens?"

"Replacement? All the time. Speaking of time ... the date you were struck?"

"May 8th, 1964. I was 22." I asked, "The girl? She is dressed correctly for the time?"

"She is very conservative. Ah ... your world is not so free?" He smiled. "You have an expressive face."

"Don't play poker with anyone?" I said ... joking of course.

He was serious. "Yah ... not a good idea."

"What will happen to the boy I..." I looked down at this body.

"We never know. No one has come back. I assume he is in your body."

"Mother will like that," I was pretty sarcastic when I said it.

"She is Finn ... she should understand him. What does she do?"

"School teacher ... and driver," I said with a shudder.

"Fast driver?"

"Swedish Volvo and backroads," I said.

"Rallye? She competes?"

"She just drives fast," I said.

"The boy who you replaced? Class F champion."

"Oh ... mom will love that."

"He will find a place in your world ... you will find a place here." There was a commotion in the hall out side, "Time to meet your sisters and parents."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.