Leaving on a Jet Plane
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2015 by Lapi

The name thing had never come up before. I thought better of what I had said to Mr. Chang, there was just something that I felt about he and his daughter that made me tell them the truth.

"You were correct in saying 'Mr. Smith.' However, neither Smith nor Parker is my real name. I travel to many places. I try to maintain an independent point of view, and I wish for my 'clients' to have a similar perspective. To that end, I use different names in different places. The PRC has provided me papers and the identity of 'Parker, ' for use within China. In other places I use Smith, Jones, Star, Mansur, and many others as my identity. My actual name is Jorgen Franken, and I am Swiss, by birth. There is nothing nefarious taking place, and when I am retained by a country, my real identity and documentation is presented to them for review and verification."

"I know, I was interested to see how you would react and what you might say to me. You are very unusual, Mr. Parker. My daughter, when she composes herself, calls you an enigma."

"Your daughter, Sir ... and you ... have had a far greater impact on me. I do not believe that I have ever met anyone like her. My thought was she might call me her 'Pet, ' instead. For, like perhaps her father, there is nothing I might refuse her."

"I am still here, you know. Pet, does not describe my interest in you, Sir."

"No, Princess. Perhaps 'Lost Man' would better describe the way you make me feel when I look into your eyes."

"Those were not my eyes you were looking at."

"Caught, am I? I have two questions. Do we have any more ribs, and where do we go from here?"

"No more ribs for you! There are many more 'cucumber surprises' left, you may have more of those."

"Yes, Dear! How am I doing Papa Chang?"

"You may 'pass muster' as they say. I cannot tell my daughter anything anyway. She does not 'listen and obey' to what I say. What do you think daughter?"

"I think, perhaps he needs a different name than Enigma or Pet. I must reflect on this. Can we do to 'Disneyworld Hong Kong, ' tomorrow?"

"Yes, Dear, but some of the rides require you to be a little taller for them, at least in some other parks they do. Here in China, it may be different."

"I think my daughter has extended you the next step, at least. Do you wish to remain here, or return to your hotel?"

"Either is fine, whatever Princess prefers that I do. My time in Hong Kong will allow me to remain in China thirty days, unless extended by Beijing. I am not my own master, either. So, while I may have some latitude, I must go where I am sent. Currently, the where, after China, has not been determined. I never expected to become so, so ... so, whatever ... with anyone like Mei. I really am at a loss as to what to say or do."

"It is too bad you are not Chinese. It would make my life so much easier, you know."

"Father..."

"Yes, daughter ... I know ... but... ?"

"Hey! I'm still here, too. This was not planned, you know? I just changed seats with her and now... ?"

"And now, here we all are!"

"Maybe this is all a dream. Maybe we are still on the plane, and Ms. Fu Manchu, the FA, will wake me up again."

"Nice dream!"

"Yes, very. You're not real are you?"

She started feeling her body with her hands.

"Ouch!" she said as she pinched herself. "That hurt."

'What to do, what to do?' I thought.

Edited by TeNderLoin

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.