In 30 Days - Cover

In 30 Days

Copyright© 2015 by Lapi

Chapter 11

Several of the advanced energy sources being developed in the US were, Diesel, Natural Gas, Hydrogen, Hybrid, Electric, Fuel Cells, Solar Battery, Ion and Bio-fuels. None would seem to meet our needs or specification except Ion.

Space took on different strategies. There things like nuclear, Ion, Hydrogen, Microwave, Solar, light and stored energy like Mercury and Dark Matter were being considered.

This was a little closer to what I wanted. I had several important problems I wanted to solve. I had left the project before voicing them We needed to talk.

Marcel kept me up to date then called to say a car would pick us up and take Madam President to the new Paris Office, I could go along to hold open the door. He was nicer to me than I expected.

Surprise, surprise, it was our former driver and car. “So, did they twist your arm to do this?” I asked.

“In a way. If I wanted to leave the way out was a bit ‘extreme’ even for me.”

I had to think about what he had said.

“Nah. Marcel has a way with words and anyway the pay went up.”

The new Paris Office appeared to be an old warehouse on the dock. When we approached a door opened and we drove inside.

“They were watching us for a block. Security here is first-class Boss!”

Now I was not certain if he was speaking to me or Michelle.

Once inside, we had to repeat the same process as before. This time a Medico removed the old thing in our arms and inserted something new. It hurt. A lot. Michelle was feeling faint. “I hate doctors!” she said.

“No worries Missy, I’m no Doctor!” He handed her some juice laced with Brandy. “This will perk you up Lass.”

We went up some stairs, badges displayed and a door opened. Marcel, Jim, Ian and Inga were seated. A tall burly man left as we entered. “That was Sven” said Marcel. He is one of our security people. He ‘sweeps’ the room every time we use it, just in case. That brings up a real sore point. We have a ‘mole’, maybe more than one in the old group. One of the dozen or so at your earlier presentation are the only ones who it could be. Four, the main four are the only ones we will be dealing with.’

He handed me a banking sheet. “Our deposit as I indicated. More will be added to it, as needed, for those ‘Special Services’ required.

“It is good to have you back Jean Paul. Michelle welcome.” This from Inga.

“We had time to ‘clear’ you now Michelle. Kimber did not ‘pass muster’ and your Mom’s has not been processed.”

Now my thoughts of ‘what happened’ before tied back to Kimber and her reactions. I looked at Michelle.

Meanwhile, in a more prestigious portion of Paris another report was being given. This time the ‘on-hold’ status of the project met with approvals.

“We are back on track. These fools had tried to stand against us and, and...”

“Enough Mustapha. It is enough we have this stopped, for now at least. It is important that we keep our people involved should this again rear its ugly head. Give them more money to ‘find’ a solution. Make it appear no stone will be left unturned to discover what might be done. Make certain ‘no such solution’ is found until it is too late to act upon it. We shall someday throw off this yoke of oppression on our people and return to the way of life ‘Allah’ intended!”

As the Iranian got up, the others bowed. ‘So close. we were so close’ he thought. They would start over, no that was not correct, they would continue what had been started. This time he was ‘positioned’ within the ‘enemy camp’ and a solution would never be found.

It was not going to be easy. His view on things was a million men sweeping into and across Europe, all at his beck and call. He would receive $ Trillions from the EU to call a halt to the ‘war’. He would by then control the entire Middle East, giving Europe back to the ‘Infidels’ and molding his lands as he saw fit. The money would keep him comfortable.

He had found out years ago that money would make even rich men or women do what he wanted. It helped when there was something to hold over their heads. ‘Blackmail was such a nasty word’ he thought, ‘effective though’.

Back on the dock.

“Marcel, you have really outdone yourself. You forgot coffee, but not the wine. You are now a ‘true’ Frenchman.! I hate to rain on this party but do Michelle and I have a place to sleep or do we go back home to Rouen?”

“Oui!”

“Sven can get you some blankets and we have a storeroom in back, it will be just like the FFL camp. Michelle will just ‘love’ playing soldier.”

“I have a ‘bedder’ idea, we go back home and sleep and you all come to Rouen when you want us. D’accord?”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.