The Storm - Cover

The Storm

Copyright© 2015 by Ptarmigan

Chapter 1

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - A man driven to succeed finally discovers what he'd lost and retires to a remote island in the North Pacific where he lives by himself. A winter storm hits and after the storm, the man discovers an unexpected item on the beach.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Petting   Sex Toys   Slow  

As I looked up at the darkening sky, I was glad that my supply boat had been here yesterday and left me what I needed for the next few weeks as well as a load of staples for the next few months. With winter coming on, it often might be a problem for anyone to reach me except by helicopter and even that might be pretty dicey.

Oh hi. I guess I should introduce myself. I’m Wallace Brinkley – Wally to my friends, what few that I’ve still got and ‘here’ is a remote island in the Haida Gwaii group of islands off the northwest coast of British Columbia. I guess you’re wondering how a guy like myself wound up way out here - well that’s a long story.

I guess it really starts almost 30 years ago when I started building my dream business. What the business was doesn’t really matter but what I did or didn’t do, does – I became so focused in building up the business that I lost sight of everything else and eventually lost everything that really mattered – my wife and kids, my friends and eventually myself.

I’d graduated from college with a business degree and saw a business opportunity that wasn’t being met. I felt I had just the idea that would fill that need. As I started building my business, things were slow at first but the word started getting around and I soon had almost more customers than I could handle. As this was going on, I started being noticed by the local business association and found I was being viewed as an up-and-coming young business leader. One day at an association meeting, I met a young woman who seemed to be as attracted to me as I was to her. It wasn’t long before Mary and I were dating, then marrying and eventually starting a family. I had everything I wanted – I’d become successful, had a beautiful, caring wife and two bright young sons.

It seems we all have 20-20 hindsight and, as has so often happened with others, I didn’t see what was happening around me. I was working long hours building up my already successful business into an even larger and more successful business, often ignoring my family. I didn’t notice what was happening when my wife told me she was leaving, was going to take the boys with her and would be asking for a divorce. In fact at one point I vaguely remember thinking ‘that’s one less thing I have to worry about’. I didn’t notice when fewer and fewer friends called and asked to get together. I didn’t even notice when I stopped getting calls from my friends all together.

It wasn’t until I overheard part of a conversation between two other businessmen that things finally sunk it. One of the men commented that it was too bad that, while I had a good business, I seemed to have lost everything else that mattered. When I heard it, I was resentful and almost said something to them but just as I was about to open my mouth something made me stop and take stock of myself and my situation. ‘Is this true?’ I asked myself and then realized that it just might be.

That night, after eating supper by myself (again) in a local restaurant and going back to my fancy condo which was empty except for the furniture, I came to the realization that the comments I’d overheard were correct. I realized that I hadn’t responded to a bunch of letters from my ex-wife. In fact I hadn’t even opened many of them. I gathered them up and getting them in date order, I started to reread the ones I’d previously opened then opened and read the rest. I was horrified to see that I’d missed both of my sons’ high school graduation ceremonies and unless I flew out tonight, I’d miss my oldest son’s graduation from university.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.