One Last Job With Vengeance - Cover

One Last Job With Vengeance

Copyright© 2015 by Daniel James

Chapter 44

"I don't like this" the member says to the other

"What don't you like?"

"Going in blind with no back-up or protection. This one is different to the first two. This looks more established, better organised. If this goes tits up and they want to make a name for themselves, we are toast"

"I know what you are saying but Pat has arranged it all and they know that. They would not be that stupid surely," the other member says trying to compress his own anxiety of the situation

The white washed walls around the property were impressive. At least eight foot high, adorned with flesh slicing barbed wire that showed prospective intruders not to even think about trying it. The oversized front gates, wide enough to receive the biggest container trucks, were made of solid metal with an opening hatch just big enough to meet guests face to face. High on the walls were mounted cameras, strategically placed to cover every inch of the perimeter, which made sure that there were no dead spots for people to sneak up undetected.

The members were still a good hundred yards from the gate but the cameras had already begun to track them and follow their every step. Approaching the gate the intercom crackled into life.

"State your business" The tone of the voice from the intercom was matter of fact and spoke with a South American accent.

"We have an appointment, we are representatives of Pat D" the member replied

"You are expected," said the voice, then the intercom fell silent

The members could hear the heavy booted footsteps coming closer. The hatch in the gate flew open and they were now staring at a face. Tanned skin and black moustache, he looked like a typical depiction of a Mexican. All he needed was a hat and a matchstick hanging from his mouth and the picture would be complete. Looking them over with intensity made the members feel as though he had x-ray vision, and it made both of them uneasy. After he was satisfied, he gave a grunt and slammed the hatch closed. Pulling at the bolts on the heavy door, built into the metal gate, sounded like a sledgehammer hitting metal and they knew that once they were in, they would not be getting out unless they were let out.

Ushered inside, the door slammed instantly behind them and then bolted. Greeting them on entry stood four men, each carrying a semi-automatic weapon and pointing directly at their chest.

"Please hand over all weapons" spoke the Mexican.

With a frown on his face and trying to keep his nerve, the member replies.

"We are here on business and are not carrying"

"So I gather you won't mind if I check then. Just precaution you understand" says the Mexican as he spits chewing tobacco onto the dirt floor.

With arms raised, legs apart and their jackets open, the Mexican slowly runs his hands over the members bodies. Reaching the inside leg of the second member, he raises his hand and reaches his crotch and stops. Resting on his knees he looks up and winks

"Are you sure you do not have anything hidden?" he probes squeezing the bulge in his hands.

Knowing the Mexican is testing him, the member smiles "Believe me that's no gun you have in your hand"

Laughing, the Mexican stands and leads them across the courtyard towards the main house.

The courtyard and building did not look anything like a typical house in Southampton. By the dirt and sand on the floor, the water troughs for horses and outbuildings, it would have not been out of place in an old western movie set. The house itself was huge, completely whitewashed and it was definitely in the style of a Mexican hacienda.

A case of oval shaped stairs led under an archway and to the main door. Metal bars on the outside and wooden shutters on the inside protected every arched window. Whether the bars were to keep people out or keep people in they were not sure but it was as secure as any fortress. Built above the main entrance was a balcony, similar in style to the one the pope would use to address his followers.

The man standing on the stairs to the main entrance with open arms, they assumed, was the boss. His stomach rounder than a barrel and each leg thicker than a tree, they wondered how he was standing there at all. One thing was for certain, with a pure white skin tone and thinning hair, in the style of a monk, he was not Mexican. Introducing the members to the boss, the Mexican guard gives each member a pinch on the bum, turns, and walks away.

"Don't mind my men, they are just having a little fun," the Boss says laughing making his huge bulk jiggle up and down.

"It's not the first time I have had my bum goosed by a man, only the others did not walk away after" the member grins

"Welcome to my humble abode please come in"

Walking through the hallway of the house was like entering another country. Portraits of well-known men from Mexico and Columbia, some famous and others infamous, were hung on every wall. A double marble staircase, one on each side of the entrance hall, led to the second floor. A little extravagant, but adding to the atmosphere, the stairway was a showcase for more portraits and poncho's. Multiple doors led to rooms both right and left of the stairs.

Entering through saloon type doors, the first room to the right of the staircase brought them into the Bosses office. The architecture of the room was in the Mexican style but the furniture was a little more of what you would expect to have in an English house.

Placed around an open fireplace were a Chesterfield leather settee and two chairs that made the room look more like an office. Taking up the lengths of two walls were oak bookshelves. Filled floor to ceiling with books on everything from Laws from around the world to South American customs. It was a sure sign that this boss was an educated man. A solid mahogany table, situated dead centre of the room, would be their discussion place as all three men took a seat.

"I see you are admiring my house gentlemen," he states with pride

"Yes it's very, erm Mexican" one member responds hoping for an explanation

The reply makes the Boss chuckle, in turn, again, making the huge tyres of fat around his waist bounce like a rubber ball.

"You are correct in your statement. You see, I love everything about Mexico, the life, the buildings, the food, especially the food. Therefore, when this piece of land came up for sale I bought it, demolished the house already here and wanted a little part of Mexico built here. Since that day I have been known as Pablo"

"All credit to you, you have succeeded. What about the neighbours, surely they are suspicious of the business you have here"

"They would have been yes, that's why I bought the houses on all sides. Stationed in them now are my personal guard. They cost me a small fortune but paying way over the value of the houses made sure they all accepted and I have complete loyalty and protection on all sides"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.