One Last Job With Vengeance
Chapter 31

Copyright© 2015 by Daniel James

The evening was calm and silent. The blacked out windows of the Range Rover, driving towards him, had its light turned off.

Ray always admired Dan's, no guns policy, but this time he was not messing about. He had a plan. As the two heavies stepped out of the car, he would pop them both and move the cash to another place. Once the dust had settled, he would give Dan's share to Bern. It's the least he could do for Dan.

As the Rover crawled to a stop, Ray, pulling the baseball cap lower down his face, moved the branches aside and motioned for the driver to pull forward. Pulling in behind him, he closed the entrance before taking the lead and driving to the old well.

Opening the window of the car, his finger caressing the cold steel of the trigger, he waited for the heavies to emerge.

The Rover pulled so close to Ray's car that he could see through the blacked out windows. He was expecting two heavies but the car was five up. All four doors opened at once, and four heavies stepped out in unison. They were the biggest brutes he had ever seen, and as the car raised significantly the suspension let out a groan of relief from the loss of weight.

Realising there was no chance of downing all four he slides the pistol under his seat and steps out.

The four hulks stood in a line in front of the motor, within seconds the fifth figure starts to emerge. Moving his head to see around the frames of the heavies, Ray comes face to face with the dirty smile of Saim.

His blood boiling and rage erupting like a volcano through the top of his head, Ray lunges forward to get a piece of him. He only made it about two feet before a pair of arms grabs him and stops him in his tracks.

"Now now silly boy" Saim smirks patronisingly

"You bastard, he brought you in, he trusted you"

"Yes I know but the rule in this game is, never trust anyone"

"I can't believe you done it you murdering bastard"

"Hey, I have done you a favour. Now he won't come after you for giving me my money"

"Your money, your money, you said you didn't want the money. That's why you took the Gold"

"Of course I did, because I knew I would have both in the end. Now stop whining and let's get this over and done with"

Reluctantly he unlocks the padlock and slides off the cover to the well.

"There, there's the money, under the blanket"

"Mmmmm, Can't you just smell that, victory gives off such a beautiful odour"

With one of the heavies keeping a tight grip on Ray's shoulder, the others start to pass the cash out like a conveyor belt.

As bundle after bundle passes his eyes, everyone makes his heart sink a little further. Although Dan is dead, the thought of the deception cuts deep into him like a hot knife through butter.

"All done boss" slurs one of the heavies

"Great, make sure you leave exactly what Ray's getting"

As Saim struts back to the motor, Ray cannot help but shout one last comment

"Take the money and go, but believe me, if I ever see you on the street, my face will be the last image burnt into your eyes"

"Oh is that right?" Saim scoffs

With a dismissive wave of his hand, Saim slides into the back seat and slams the door.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.