One Last Job With Vengeance - Cover

One Last Job With Vengeance

Copyright© 2015 by Daniel James

Chapter 26

Slowing down to a steady speed, the Atego rounds the last corner towards the Bank. Dan could see the emergency repair lads were already on scene. Running up and down the ladders into the sewers like a yoyo on a string. Pulling up to the loading bay entrance, the hint of flashing blue lights catches their eyes.

"Shit Dan, there is a copper car there" Rob blurts out in a panic

"Calm down and take a deep breath. It's probably been called by the manager, he is shitting himself that the money is not secure so I thought he might call them"

"Yeah but what if they start asking questions?"

"Why should they? We will go in as if it is nothing unusual. An everyday job to us, nice and calm. Get it loaded and get out. If you look nervous then they will notice it. Tell you what; you stay in the back of the truck for loading, that way you can stay hidden from view"

"Okay, that's probably for the best"

Reversing slowly down the loading bay ramp Dan could not help but snigger. Looking in the wing mirror, he notices a short fat copper guiding him back

"If only he knew who he was helping eh Rob"

No answer came from Rob and Dan could see the concentration on his face had seemed to block out the rest of the world.

"Nice and easy mate, we will be over and done with before you know it"

Completely hidden from the road, they had now reached the point of no return. Any strange moves or nervousness would raise suspicions.

One good thing in their favour was that it was quite dark in the bay. This was perfect. With the uniform hats and the darkness, any cameras would have a hard task identifying their features.

Opening the door and casually jumping out, Dan walks up to the security guard.

"Hello mate, Mr Phillips?"

"That's him over there in the black suit," pointing across the loading bay

Following the guards extended finger Dan spots a tall, slender man in his mid-fifties. His tailor made suit was a perfect fit but he was sure the smell of raw sewage did not come free with it. Looking down the trouser legs, it was plain to see that he had been in the vault. No doubt jumping up and down in blind panic watching the banks crisp notes turn brown and disintegrate in front of his eyes.

"Mr Phillips, good morning Sir. I'm from SecuRight"

"Oh thank heavens you are here. I'm going to have a coronary if this lot is unsecure for much longer"

The beads of sweat running down his head was a good indication that he was close to panic.

This is ideal Dan thought, we want it loaded and get out and he wants it gone as quick as possible.

"It will be fine Mr Phillips, we will get it on the truck as fast as we can and you can rest easy knowing that in less than an hour it will be safe and secure"

"I do hope so, this is my first manager posting and I've already lost two pallets of notes. I dread to think what I will be demoted too, if I have a job at all"

"I'm sure it won't be that bad, it's not as if the burst pipe was deliberate, or your fault in any way. The sewer pipes are probably years old and ready to break at anytime"

"I know, but why did it have to happen to me?"

Seeing the manager was ready to burst into tears, Dan felt a little remorse swathe over him as he opens the back of the truck to let Saim out.

"Mr Phillips, my colleague has the relevant paperwork for you, why don't you go and sit down and make some coffee while you complete the forms"

"Tell you what, I could do some coffee"

Dan turns to the voice and sees the short fat copper yawning

"I've not been on shift long, didn't need this first thing"

"Tell me about it mate, I was just about to finish my shift when the call came in. It's always the same, the manager panics, calls everybody they can think of," Dan returns sounding nonchalant

"I know, we were sent because the amount of money involved"

"Out of curiosity, how much?"

"Well, Phillips says four pallets with a million on each and the pallet of Gold"

Dan exaggerates a swallow

"No wonder he is a little panicked. Go and get yourself some coffee and we will get this done. The quicker we can shift it, the quicker we will all be happy"

"Sounds good to me, the guards will help, they have a pallet truck"

Four million quid plus the Gold, that amount was more than he was expecting. It would be lovely to have but it would be harder too for the bank just to write it off as an insurance claim and forget about it. Too late now he thought, full steam ahead as planned.

With the pallet truck under the Gold bullion pallet Rob, in the back, pushes the button to raise the tail lift. Placing it against the bulk head in the middle, he pulls the lever and drops it. The suspension creaks and groans as it takes the weight. Moving back to the doors, ready for the second load, he senses a figure standing close.

"Alright mate, you look like you have picked the short straw, you want a coffee?" the second copper asked looking straight into Rob's eyes. Older than the first one, he looked higher in rank, and the thought of him having more experience at spotting something dodgy put Rob on edge.

"Er Er Erm, no thanks. Gonna crack on and get this done" he spat out with the speed of a bullet.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.